7 ingredients are all that is needed for this Weight Watchers chicken salad Instant Pot recipe. Tender and juicy chicken seasoned with spices, mixed with light mayonnaise and grapes, for a sweet and savory chicken salad recipe.
I love that the Instant Pot can cook frozen chicken. No worry if you forgot to thaw your chicken. Just toss the frozen chicken in the Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, or any other pressure cooker, and you're good to go! You will get tender and juicy chicken you can shred.
Make some extra chicken along with the chicken for this recipe, and you can enjoy our Panda Express Fried Rice later in the week.
Celery and grapes are two of my favorite components of a good chicken salad. The grapes add sweetness while the celery adds a nice crunch to the salad. This is a chicken salad recipe with grapes, but they can be left out if that's not your thing.
You can also serve a healthy chicken salad without bread, or you can make it into a chicken salad sandwich recipe. Skinny chicken salad calories in the recipe card are based on the recipe ingredients and don't include bread. Chicken salad sandwich calories will be higher, so factor in the calorie count from the bread and any additional toppings or condiments you use.
Table of contents
- Why Make This Weight Watchers Chicken Salad
- How to Make Chicken Salad with Frozen Chicken in the Instant Pot
- How Many Points Is This WW Chicken Salad
- Meal Prep And Storage
- Variations And Tips For Making Salad
- Do You Adjust Cooking Time For Frozen Chicken in Instant Pot
- Low Calorie Chicken Salad Recipe
Why Make This Weight Watchers Chicken Salad
- The pressure cooker does a great job at cooking chicken while ensuring it stays moist.
- If you are looking for new WW friendly recipes, this comes together fast.
- Great to eat for a light lunch, dinner, or meal prep for your week.
- This simple chicken salad recipe with grapes is great for kids and adults to enjoy.
- A simple and easy WW chicken recipe. Check out the chicken salad nutrition in the recipe card.
- You can easily make this into a keto chicken salad recipe just by leaving out the grapes. While mayo is great on a keto diet, you could also use make a Greek yogurt chicken salad if you want another option or for a lower calorie chicken salad.
How to Make Chicken Salad with Frozen Chicken in the Instant Pot
Start by taking your frozen chicken and placing it in the Instant Pot. Add in water or your chicken broth.
Place the lid on, and make sure the valve on lid is set to sealing. Then cook for 10 minutes, with a natural release of pressure for 10 minutes.
After the 10 minute mark release any remaining pressure off the pressure cooker.
Remove the chicken and ensure it is fully cooked. Shred the chicken with meat claws, two forks, etc.
Once the chicken has cooked mix with the other chicken salad ingredients, add in the chopped celery and grapes. Season with salt and pepper. You could also add in some chopped red onions, if desired.
Serve with low-fat crackers, pita chips, eat alone, on a bed of lettuce, etc. You could also serve your chicken salad on a lettuce leaf for a wrap style serving!
How Many Points Is This WW Chicken Salad
This recipe is meant for 6 servings. So you will count 1 serving is 4 points (on green) in your Weight Watchers counter.
Supplies to Make Frozen Chicken in Instant Pot
- Meat shredder claws - Use these shredder claws to easily shred the chicken on a cutting board. You could also use two forks if you don't have shredder claws, but this is a very useful tool when making shredded chicken, as well as pulled pork and beef.
- Steamer basket - Place chicken in a steamer basket before putting it in the Instant Pot. This makes it easier to remove the chicken from the inner pot.
- Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus - This is such a versatile Instant Pot. It also has a yogurt function and sous vide setting. You'll want to try both!
Meal Prep And Storage
This Instant Pot shredded chicken salad is great for meal prep. You can cook the additional chicken to use in other meals throughout the week. Think along the lines of chicken wraps, chopped salad with shredded chicken, and even chicken tacos.
Can I Freeze Chicken Salad?
No, you cannot freeze chicken salad. Due to the ingredients, chicken salad does not thaw well once frozen. However, you can freeze cooked chicken that you haven't mixed into chicken salad.
How Long Can I Refrigerate Chicken Salad?
Store your salad in a proper container for up to three days in the fridge. Use for a quick lunch, mid-day snack, etc.
Variations And Tips For Making Salad
- If you meal prep, you can grab pre-shredded chicken and use for this recipe that has already been cooked! Or leftover rotisserie chicken!
- Change up ingredients or spices used to add different flavor components.
- Greek yogurt can be replaced if you prefer to not use mayo in the recipe.
- Red grapes are a great flavor of sweetness if you prefer that over green grapes. Or make it a combo. Grapes and walnuts make a yummy classic chicken salad.
- Add a splash of hot sauce for a little kick in flavor to this chicken recipe.
- A delicious southern chicken salad option could be the addition of sweet pickles.
Do You Adjust Cooking Time For Frozen Chicken in Instant Pot
No, there is no need to adjust the cooking time for frozen chicken. Use the cooking time in the recipe card below for complete directions on how to cook the chicken.
When you are working with frozen meat like chicken in the Instant Pot, it can be confusing to newbies. The Instant Pot will cook frozen or thawed chicken in the same amount of the cooking time.
It will just take longer for the Instant Pot to come to pressure and begin cooking. The reason being is the liquid will heat and begin to thaw the meat before it begins to cook.
This is safe to put fresh or frozen meats in the Instant Pot to cook. Just know that depending on how much or how thick your chicken is, cooking time can vary slightly.
I always recommend using a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Low Calorie Chicken Salad Recipe
This low-fat chicken salad is a healthy chicken recipe that will keep your net carbs down and is low in saturated fat.