Fermented Chow Chow
Chow chow is made with a mix of vegetables and is a relish recipe that is fermented vegetables. You can use this to serve on the side, dress up crackers, etc.
Depending on where you live, you will find that chow chow recipes can vary in terms of which vegetables are used.
Corn, red onions, cabbage, peppers, and so much more go into this flavorful chow chow recipe.
1. Chop red cabbage, onion, green tomato, green pepper, garlic, and spices. Cut corn off of the cob.
2. Prepare your brine by filling a quart jar with water. Add your designated amount of salt. Place a lid on the jar and shake vigorously to incorporate the salt.
3. Mix vegetables thoroughly and fill your canning jars to the ½” below the rings. Using a canning funnel makes this process easy and less messy.
4. Pour the salted water over the vegetable.
5. Finish up and then seal jars as directed in post.
Eat on crackers, dip for chips, sandwich topper and more.