Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Ready to put your instant pot to use yet again? Give this party ready unicorn popcorn a try- perfect for your kiddos!
Crunchy, light and super delicious- popcorn is undoubtedly one of the healthiest snacks out there (if you watch the butter of course).
Give it a nice twist and get it ready for a party you’re throwing for your kiddo, here’s exactly what you need.
This unicorn popcorn is super easy to make in your instant pot, and you’ll love how it tastes!
Ready to give it a shot? Scroll down and keep reading to discover the recipe and answers to some of the questions you might have.
What Other Unicorn Themed Foods Can I Make?
If you landed here while hunting for a recipe for unicorn themed popcorn, you’re probably also on the hunt for some other similar food ideas that could work great for your party.
If you’re making cupcakes (or just getting your hands on some simple vanilla ones from the store), you can transform them into unicorn themed ones by simply twisting a bit of pink and yellow Starburst chews together such that they form a horn and then placing them right into the frosting!
You can also add a drop of pink and purple food coloring into your basic white dip for nachos and chips, and give it a nice mix- and there you’ve got a unicorn dip ready.
And of course, by simply adding a bit of edible food coloring into your basic cookie dough you can turn them into unicorn cookies.
Easy peasy right?
Best Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot– I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
How Else Can I Make Unicorn Themed Popcorn?
Okay, so most unicorn themed popcorn recipes call for you to first air pop the popcorn and then toss them in a mixture of some melted candy melts in blue and pink colors, but if you’ve run out of candy melts, you can still whip it up.
All you need to do is microwave and melt some white marshmallows and drop that mixture over the freshly popped corn to cover them all completely and quickly throw in some sprinkled or small colored candy (you can crush them if you don’t have small candy) and toss them again.
You can also get your hands on an edible color spray in pink or blue and use it to spray over your popcorn for a more even color. I also like to throw in some crushed pretzels into the mix.
Other Ideas & Suggestions
Love how the unicorn popcorn looks but not sure if serving it is the way to go? You can actually transform that popcorn into something better too.
For instance, you can utilize the sweet and fruity flavors of the popcorn and of course, its crunchiness to top it on some ice-cream.
Yes, that sounds weird but it tastes absolutely delicious.
More Instant Pot Desserts
- Apple Spice Cake in the Instant Pot
- Key Lime Pie Recipe – Instant Pot Desserts
- Christmas Cake Gingerbread Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Instant Pot Monkey Bread
- 33 Of The Best Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
- Carrot Cake Truffles Instant Pot Dessert Recipe
- Instant Pot Eggnog
Have you tried this recipe? Don't forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (solid)
- pinch of salt
- 2 ounces Baker’s white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ jar of unicorn sprinkles (or more)
- Turn Instant Pot on to sauté mode. Once it says “HOT”, add butter and oil. Once it has melted, pour in the kernels, and coat well in the mixture.
- Add salt and stir well again making sure each kernel is coated.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, making sure the valve is closed.
- The popcorn kernels will begin popping.
- Turn off the Instant Pot by pushing the “Cancel” button when you hear the popping begin to slow.
- Open the valve by using a towel or hot mitt.
- Continue to keep the lid on the Instant Pot when there are several seconds in between each pop.
- Be careful to remove the lid as some kernels may continue to pop.
- Place the popcorn on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Try to avoid any remaining kernels getting in with the popcorn on the paper.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate and the oil together in the microwave at 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Pour chocolate evenly over popcorn. Mix popcorn until evenly coated.
- While chocolate is still warm, sprinkle unicorn sprinkles over popcorn.
- Once chocolate has cooled, break into piece and place into serving dish.
- Enjoy your magical treat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g