Tuna noodle casserole is a frugal recipe to keep on hand. This is an Instant Pot tuna noodle casserole that is full of tuna, noodles, peas, and more.
Learn how to make tuna casserole in your pressure cooker. Once you try this tuna casserole recipe you will want to make it again and again.
Table of contents
Instant Pot noodles with tuna are incredible. This is a go-to recipe when I want something hearty to whip up. We tend to have all these ingredients on hand so it makes it easy to cook and serve.
Main Ingredients Needed
Here are the ingredients you need for this tuna recipe.
- Oil and Butter
- Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper
- Dry Spices
- Egg Noodles
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Half and Half
- Frozen Peas
- Shredded Cheese
How to Make Tuna Casserole
Full directions for this tuna noodle Instant Pot recipe are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a quick overview for this easy tuna casserole.
Start by turning your Instant Pot on saute and add your butter and onion. Stir well till your butter is melted.
Add in your onions and saute and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the onions are fully cooked.
Then add in your broth, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic, dill, and half and half. Now add on your egg noodles on top of the liquid and do not stir.
Top noodles with tuna, and soup, then close the lid and move to seal position. Cook for 3 minutes, with a quick release.
Once you are done with the quick release, mix up your Instant Pot. Toss in your peas, stir and add in cheese.
Dish it up and enjoy it.
- Glass storage containers | This set of storage containers has a nice assortment of sizes and number of containers.
- Wooden spoons | These spoons are a go-to for everything we need to stir on the stovetop or in our Instant Pot.
- Magnetic wall spice organizer | Clear out your spice drawer or spice cabinet and get those spices organized! Not only functional, this spice rack is also an attractive addition to your cooking space.
What to Serve With Tuna Casserole
You are welcome to use this as a meal in one. Or reach for a vegetable side dish, bread, and butter, dinner rolls, or even a salad recipe.
Feel free to serve up this dish however you would like. Other popular sides are broccoli salad, bean salad, etc.
Expert Tips and Variations
- For this Instant Pot tuna casserole, you need to make sure that you have the noodles submerged in liquid. Otherwise, the noodles will not soften properly.
- For a budget recipe, consider using other frozen vegetables like a mixed veggie to dump in instead of just carrots.
- Add on some cheese or even a dollop of sour cream for serving up.
More Easy Dinner Ideas
- Ham and Potato Soup is a delicious soup that is so easy to make. A great recipe to use leftover holiday ham.
- Ground Beef Recipes | Here is a nice size list of ground beef recipes all cooked in the pressure cooker.
- Baby Back Ribs | Have you tried ribs in the Instant Pot? Check out this easy and finger-licking good rib recipe!
Here are helpful tips and questions for this easy tuna noodle casserole recipe.
Tuna casserole is a pasta dish that is filled with tuna, creamy sauce, and peas. A simple and affordable casserole you can make to feed a crowd.
Tuna casserole can be frozen if you don't eat it all right away. Just allow your casserole to cool down. Then place in the freezer-friendly container and freeze for up to three months.
Thaw in the fridge the night before you want to eat. Then reheat in the microwave or even in the oven. If you heat in the oven cover with aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out.
You will pressure cook the tuna casserole for 3 minutes. Then you will take time to saute the vegetables, and that is all it takes. Just remember to allow time for the Instant Pot to come to pressure.
To quick release pressure that means you will use a wooden spoon to press down or turn the valve on the pressure cooker lid. This will release a lot of steam, depressurizing the Instant pot.
Once the pin drops you can open the lid and stir and serve up your tuna casserole.
Cook pasta as directed on the package. Then mix up the ingredients, cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for around 30-40 minutes or until the dish is nice and warm.
Grab a spoon and dish up this wholesome comfort food.
There is a lot of sodium and carbs in this casserole so it is recommended to not feed to your four-legged friend.
The big thing is the pasta needs to be cooked. Tuna is fully cooked when you reach for canned tuna. So once the pasta is done, the casserole is ready to dish up.