Tuna noodle casserole is a frugal recipe to keep on hand. This is an Instant Pot tuna noodle casserole that is full of tuna, noodles, peas, and more.
Learn how to make tuna casserole in your pressure cooker. Once you try this tuna casserole recipe you will want to make it again and again.
Tuna Noodle Casserole
Instant Pot noodles with tuna are incredible. This is a go-to recipe when I want something hearty to whip up. We tend to have all these ingredients on hand so it makes it easy to cook and serve.
Main Ingredients Needed
- Oil and Butter
- Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper
- Dry Spices
- Egg Noodles
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Half and Half
- Frozen Peas
- Shredded Cheese
How to Make Tuna Casserole
Start by turning your Instant Pot on saute and add your butter and onion. Stir well till your butter is melted.
Add in your onions and saute and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the onions are fully cooked.
Then add in your broth, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic, dill, and half and half. Now add on your egg noodles on top of the liquid and do not stir.
Top noodles with tuna, and soup, then close the lid and move to seal position. Cook for 3 minutes, with a quick release.
Once you are done with the quick release, mix up your Instant Pot. Toss in your peas, stir and add in cheese.
Dish it up and enjoy it.
- Glass storage containers | This set of storage containers has a nice assortment of sizes and number of containers.
- Wooden spoons | These spoons are a go-to for everything we need to stir on the stovetop or in our Instant Pot.
- Magnetic wall spice organizer | Clear out your spice drawer or spice cabinet and get those spices organized! Not only functional, this spice rack is also an attractive addition to your cooking space.
What to Serve With Tuna Casserole
You are welcome to use this as a meal in one. Or reach for a vegetable side dish, bread, and butter, dinner rolls, or even a salad recipe.
Feel free to serve up this dish however you would like. Other popular sides are broccoli salad, bean salad, etc.
Can You Freeze Tuna Casserole
Tuna casserole can be frozen if you don't eat it all right away. Just allow your casserole to cool down. Then place in the freezer-friendly container and freeze for up to three months.
Thaw in the fridge the night before you want to eat. Then reheat in the microwave or even in the oven. If you heat in the oven cover with aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out.
More Easy Dinner Ideas
- Ham and Potato Soup is a delicious soup that is so easy to make. A great recipe to use leftover holiday ham.
- Ground Beef Recipes | Here is a nice size list of ground beef recipes all cooked in the pressure cooker.
- Baby Back Ribs | Have you tried ribs in the Instant Pot? Check out this easy and finger-licking good rib recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 12 ounce package wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 (10.5 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot on sauté mode. Once it is hot, add in your oil and butter. Stir well until the butter is completely melted. Once it is melting add in your onions. Sauté your onions for about 3 to 5 minutes until they are fully cooked.
- next, add in your chicken broth, salt, pepper, Garlic and onion powder, dill weed, and half-and-half. Mix well.
- Place your noodles on top of your liquid mixture. Do not stir.
- Add your tuna fish to the top of your noodles. Make sure they are evenly distributed on top of the noodles. Do not stir.
- Add your soup evenly distributed on top of your tuna mixture. Do not stir.
- Close the lid on your instant pot by twisting it close. Push the ceiling valve away from you to lock in the pressure. Set your Instant Pot to high pressure for 3 minutes.
- After your three minutes have completed, using a hot pad or towel, bring the ceiling valve toward you to open and release the pressure.
- Once the pressure has been released, open your Insta pot by unscrewing the lid.
- Give your casserole a good mix.
- Mix in your peas. Stir well. Lastly, mixing your shredded cheese. Stir well.
- Enjoy this delicious comfort food casserole!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 603Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 1348mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 30g