Starting off the day with Steel Cut Oats in the Instant Pot is perfection. Not only is this a hearty and healthy food choice but it's one that will fuel your body and give you energy for the day as well. And since you're able to use your Instant Pot, you no longer have to wait for overnight steel cut oats.
If you're a fan of all things oatmeal, make certain to check out our Oatmeal with Blueberries Instant Pot as well!
Table of contents
- Steel Cut Oats in the Instant Pot
- Supplies Used To Make Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats in the Morning
- Ingredients for Quick Cooking Steel Cuts Oats in the Instant Pot
- Tips For Making Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- Try These Other Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes You Might Like
Steel Cut Oats in the Instant Pot
It's crazy to think about how much time we wasted in the past cooking up oatmeal overnight. Who knew that the Instant Pot would cut that time down to less than 45 minutes total?
Now that I know I can have my oatmeal in a few short minutes after waking up, I'm never going to be going back to my old methods, ever again.
Supplies Used To Make Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats in the Morning
- Instant Pot | I love this Instant Pot because it has so many different settings for cooking different recipes. This one will allow you to make yogurt, almond milk yogurt, and proof dough as well.
- Ceramic nonstick inner pot| So nice to have so that nothing sticks on the inside of your Instant Pot.
- Wooden spoon set | Using wooden spoons is a great way to not have to worry about scratching the inside of your Instant Pot.
- Olive oil mister
- Cereal bowls
Ingredients for Quick Cooking Steel Cuts Oats in the Instant Pot
- steel-cut oats
- Greek yogurt (or coconut yogurt)
- chia seeds
- real maple syrup
- fresh blueberries
What is the difference between steel cut oats and rolled oats?
It all comes down to the texture. Rolled oats tend to soak up more liquid and can become mushier throughout the cooking process while steel cut oats will stay firmer and have a more tough consistency.
What are the benefits of steel cut oats?
There are many benefits of eating steel cut oats but you'll find that people who are looking to eat healthier and cut down on their weight will choose oats because they're full of fiber and help them feel and stay full longer.
Is it OK to eat steel cut oats every day?
If you want to eat them, eat them. And since they're so delicious and versatile to make, you can easily alter the flavor and the taste so that every bowl tastes different, too.
What toppings can you put on top of oatmeal?
Really anything that you'd want. Fresh fruit is always an amazing choice but you could easily add greek yogurt, a sprinkle of brown sugar, shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips, or more.
This is why you should try out different toppings to see what your tastebuds will like.
Tips For Making Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
The biggest thing to remember when making this steel cut oats recipe is that you're not going to want to forget to spray the inside of the Instant Pot with nonstick cooking spray.
Other than that, this simple breakfast recipe is simple, easy, and delicious!