Starbucks Chocolate Cake Pops are one of my favorite treats to pair with my coffee. Now I can make authentic chocolate cake pops at home. Give this easy cake pop recipe a try.
Whip up these chocolate cake pops as a birthday party treat, weekday dessert, or take to your next summer cookout.
Table of contents
No matter what the occasion is this Instant Pot cake pop recipe is a must make.
Why Make Starbucks Chocolate Cake Pops...
- Easy to Make
- Simple Ingredients
- 4 Ingredients
- Tastes Like Starbuck's Cake Pops
- Customize to your liking
- Devil's Food Chocolate Cake Mix
- Cake Frosting
- Chocolate Candy Melts
- White Sprinkles
How To Make Cake Pops
Start by baking up your cake as directed on the box. Once your cake is done and cooled, crumble up the cake.
Add in the frosting and mix until it is creamy. Then use a cookie scoop to scoop and roll up the cake balls. Place on a baking sheet and freeze to set up.
Melt the chocolate melts, then dip each cake ball in the chocolate, and add the white sprinkles.
Leave on a stick or make these cake balls without the sticks.
Not sure how to store cake pops? You will want to store these cake balls at room temperature in an airtight container. If your home is warm, you can place in the fridge as well to prevent the chocolate from melting.
Expert Tips and Variations To Recipe
- You can use any flavor of cake as you would like.
- The same goes for the frosting, feel free to use any flavor of your frosting.
- For the cake, you can buy a store-bought cake mix or whip up a homemade cake.
- If you want to use chocolate chips feel free to use shortening to go with the chocolate. It will set up hard just the same as candy melts.
- Feel free to double the recipe if you would like. Make as many cake pops as you would like.
You will find that if you use styrofoam as the base it is a great way to stick your cake pop sticks in to hold them up. Or you can place them in single-serve plastic wraps. Then place the cake pop on the table with the stick up in the air.
Not sure how long are cake pops good for? Go right ahead and store your cake pops for 5-7 days. You will find they are best when eaten within the first 2-3 days. But they will store for longer if you need them.
Yes, cake pops can be frozen. Simply place in an airtight container or sealable bag and freeze for up to 3-4 months.
You can buy cake pops at most grocery stores, coffee shops like Starbucks, and more. Most grocery stores carry cake pops these days. Or instead of buying, make homemade.