Just when you thought that you'd never be able to add another soup recipe to your recipe book, along comes this Sous Vide Chicken Recipe with Bok Choy Soup. It's a lighter soup but still loaded down with flavor. This is a perfect recipe for a quiet and snuggly night at home, and a favorite Chinese chicken noodle soup recipe.
Make certain you check out our Instant Pot Cauliflower Leek Soup as well.
Table of contents
- Sous Vide Chicken Recipe with Bok Choy Soup
- Benefits of Sous Vide
- Ingredients needed to make Bok Choy Soup with Sous Vide Chicken
- Supplies used to make this recipe
- What is the point of sous vide?
- Toppings to make this the best Sous Vide Chicken recipe
- Asian Bok Choy Soup Storage Tips
- More Easy Soup Recipes You'll Love
Sous Vide Chicken Recipe with Bok Choy Soup
What really makes this soup stand out is that it's a broth soup with loads of taste and texture. The chunks of chicken and the added bok choy and mushroom will make every spoonful of soup hearty and delicious.
And have I mentioned that it's super simple to make? You're going to really love the outcome once you give this delicious Bok Choy and Sous Vide Chicken Breast recipe a try.
With the crushed red pepper flakes, this is also a spicy chicken noodle soup recipe.
Benefits of Sous Vide
Did you know there is an international sous vide day? January 26 is a day to celebrate every year in sous vide cooking circles.
For those who already know how to cook a perfect sous vide skinless chicken breast, you probably already know all the benefits of sous vide cooking as well as how long to sous vide chicken for.
For those who are newer to sous vide, there is a bit of a learning curve with learning all the sous vide terms and the chicken sous vide temp ins and outs.
However, the benefits of sous vide cooking are straightforward.
- No more overcooking your food. With detailed sous vide times available, you will quickly learn how to sous vide vs grill cooking where you are constantly checking for doneness. Keep a sous vide temperature chart on hand for quick reference and a meat thermometer (sous vide recommended).
- Flavor like you've never had. Drop that steak or chicken into a sous vide cooking container and get ready to taste 5 star restaurant quality food. A sous vide boneless skinless chicken breast is a delicacy.
- Cost-effective. Make sous vide lemon chicken in a Ziploc bag. Sort your food in portion controlled servings and only cook what you're going to eat. Reduce food waste and save on your grocery bill.
- Safe. Using an insulated sous vide container (up to 12 quarts for home use) and a sous vide rack, you can be sure sous vide cooking is safe and effective.
- Healthier. When you cook at home with fresh ingredients, your food is healthier. Period. However, this method of cooking is even healthier. No extra fat or oils are needed to cook the food, and more nutrients are contained in the food.
- Low maintenance. Put the food in bags, set to cook and no standing over the stove. What's not to love?
- Cook anywhere. As long s you have a water bath and a vacuum sealing system, along with a sous vide machine, you can cook up delicious meals like rare steak cooked to perfection and the perfect sous vide chicken breast.
- Make individual meals flavored to taste. Like fresh herbs while your partner prefers shiitake mushrooms and balsamic with their sous vide steak? Simply use the vacuum sealer and put each portion in a separate plastic bag prior to cooking.
Ingredients needed to make Bok Choy Soup with Sous Vide Chicken
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sesame oil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Green onions
- White mushrooms
- Five-spice powder
- Fresh ginger
- Chicken broth
- Baby bok choy
- Rice noodles
- Crushed red pepper flakes
Supplies used to make this recipe
What is the point of sous vide?
Sous vide is a cooking technique that you'll find in a lot of high-end restaurants because the point is that it cooks meat consistently and to perfection. It makes certain that the entire cut of meat is cooked evenly every time.
Toppings to make this the best Sous Vide Chicken recipe
It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of toppings and I think that soups are the perfect base for them.
While this soup is more about the flavor in the broth, you can enhance it as well with more toppings.
Some topping to use include:
- Fresh diced jalapenos
- Fresh cilantro
- Chopped chives
- Crackers/Soup Crackers
And that is just the start. You can fill a bowl, eat it, and then do that same process again and again with different toppings to get a different flavor every single time.
Asian Bok Choy Soup Storage Tips
More than likely, you're going to have some of this recipe leftover to eat again. And it tastes so good, too! All you need to be certain that you do is store it in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge.
Once you're ready to eat, just reheat and enjoy. It's as simple as that. If you do decide that you want to freeze the remainders, you can easily do that as well. Just add chicken bok choy soup to a freezer-safe container and store it in your freezer until you want to unthaw, heat up, and eat.