Looking for the perfect sous vide chicken breast recipe? This sous vide chicken and cabbage stir fry is a delicious and easy dinner that will satisfy the whole family.
I love a good chicken and cabbage stir fry. Here I will share how to make the perfect chicken breast sous vide time for you to make juicy and tender chicken breasts.
Table of contents
Why You Will Love This Sous Vide Chicken
- Easy prep
- Delicious crisp and fresh cabbage stir fry
- Juicy chicken
- Hands off cooking method
- Great leftover
- Red Cabbage
- Lime Juice
- Green Onions
- Sugar-Free marinade
- Jax Seasoning
How to Make Sous Vide Chicken and Stir Fry Cabbage
The first step is to prep your sous vide chicken breast recipe with water as directed. The full directions for this are in the printable recipe card below.
Then you will place your chicken breasts into bags, and add in the lime juice and some of the Jax seasoning.
Seal the bags removing all the air. Then you will begin working on prepping your cabbage stir fry.
Larger pieces of cabbage are better than smaller ones in size. Shred the carrots and cut up the green onions and set them aside. Place the cabbage mix in the fridge until you are ready.
Once the chicken is done, pan-sear to give it a nice crust on the outside of the chicken.
Toss your cabbage and carrots into a pan and cook until it begins to soften. Use the marinade, and then place the mixture on a platter.
Top with chicken, add green onions and nuts, and serve up!
The cabbage is best served fresh and warm. It will soften up a bit if you store in the fridge. Which you can do, just know it is going to taste best fresh.
For the chicken you can place any leftovers in an airtight container and store for up to three days. If you have cabbage mixture pair in containers and use for meal prepping.
Then to reheat you can opt for the microwave, or add a little water to a skillet and heat it up that way.
Variations To Recipe
- You can use bone-in chicken, just adjust the cook time as needed for the sous vide.
- Skip the cabbage stir fry if you want.
- Add some frozen veggies into a pan with your favorite marinade to pair with the chicken instead of the cabbage stir fry mix.
- Change up the spices used on the chicken if you would like.
- Skip the stir fry if you're short on time or make a chow chow recipe in advance.
Helpful Tips To Try
- The lime juice adds tons of flavor to the chicken but also helps keep it moist and tender.
- Make sure to do your best to remove as much air as possible in each bag, or you will find it doesn't cook the best.
- If you don't own a sous vide, marinade the chicken for 30 minutes then pan sear it or grill it, in exchange of sous vide method.
Sous vide is meaning to cook food in a vacuum seal system in temperature-controlled water. This method has been around for so long.
Chicken is done when it reaches 165 degrees internal temperature. Make sure to allow the chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes once cooked.