Check out these semi-homemade pop tarts made right in your Instant Pot. A homemade blackberry pie filling with a pie crust. These blackberry pop tarts are the perfect way to start the morning.
Table of contents
- Semi Homemade Pop Tarts
- Kitchen Tools Used to Make This Recipe
- How to Make Homemade Pop-Tarts
- How to Store Pop Tarts
- Can You Freeze
- Can I use this blackberry filling to make a blackberry cobbler recipe
- Here are a few more Instant Pot Cobblers to consider making
- Tips For Making
- Can I make strawberry jam with this Instant Pot jam recipe
- Get More of Our Latest Recipes
Semi Homemade Pop Tarts
Growing up pop tarts were always a go-to breakfast. Now, as an adult, I love making homemade pop tarts filled with my favorite fruit filling.
Kitchen Tools Used to Make This Recipe
How to Make Homemade Pop-Tarts
To make homemade pop tarts you have to start by making the Instant Pot blackberry jam.
Add your fresh berries, water, sugar, and lemon juice into your pressure cooker. Follow the directions in the printable recipe card below on how to make the homemade jam.
Now you can work on cutting and shaping your pastries with your refrigerated dough. Roll it out and cut into equal rectangles. Then take a bit of the blackberry jam and spread in the center.
Place the top of the pie crust on, and use your fork to crimp down the edges.
Bake in a preheated oven, and while they are baking work on your blackberry icing. Then once the poptarts cool a bit, drizzle on your homemade icing!
How to Store Pop Tarts
I prefer to store these homemade pop tarts in the fridge. I find they will last a bit longer due to the berry filling. Place in an airtight container and store for around 5 days.
Can You Freeze
Or if you plan to want to make extra pop tarts to meal prep with, go right ahead and freeze your pop tarts. Then pull one or more out of the freezer and warm them up!
Can I use this blackberry filling to make a blackberry cobbler recipe
The beauty of this blackberry jam recipe is yes, you can use it for a blackberry cobbler if you would like. I would just not use the emulsion blender to get it a mushed up texture.
I would leave the berries larger. But it is totally up to you on what you prefer texture-wise.
Here are a few more Instant Pot Cobblers to consider making
Cobbler in the Instant Pot is so easy, minimal prep, and always deliciously satisfying.
Tips For Making
- You can use any of your favorite fruit fillings for the pop tarts.
- Feel free to reach for a homemade crust if you don't want to use store-bought. Any pie crust will do.
- Watch the pop tarts as they bake so you don't overcook them.
- It is up to you to frost your pop tarts or you can leave them naked if you want.
Can I make strawberry jam with this Instant Pot jam recipe
Absolutely! Just swap the berries out and make the recipe just the same. Also, check out my strawberry orange jam for another great homemade jam recipe to consider whipping up.
Get More of Our Latest Recipes
- Want to Easily Make Korean Ground Beef Recipe for the Instant Pot? Newly Obsessed!
- How to Convert from the US Measurements to the Metric System
- Why You Absolutely Need to Try This Delicious Chicken Parmesan Air Fryer Recipe
- Learn How to Easily Make This Amazing Instant Pot Steak
- Garlic Naan Recipe - How to Make Naan Bread
- The Best Instant Pot Cookbooks to Get Your Hands On
- Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice and Beans
- Ham Potato Soup - Instant Pot Soup Recipe
- Air Fryer Frozen Food Cooking Times