Sharing is caring!
Are you on the hunt for a hearty and filling dinner recipe? Instant Pot Cajun Sausage and Rice Recipe is just what you've been looking for! This recipe is rich and flavorful with just the right hint of spices.
Table of contents
This polish sausage recipe is one you will want to keep on hand. Instant pot sausage with rice is great for meal prepping for the week.
Why You Will Enjoy This Instant Pot Cajun Sausage and Rice...
- Simple ingredients
- Affordable to make
- Family-Friendly and Kid Approved
- Easy to Make
- Great source of protein
- Great Instant Pot Beginners Recipe
And speaking of healthy, this meal is just that! Each serving is high in protein with 10.9 grams in each.
Variations To Recipe
Healthier Alternative: If you're looking for an even healthier option, you can use brown rice instead of white rice. Since brown rice is a whole grain it is higher in fiber and key nutrients.
Spice it Up: Are you a fan of hot and spicy? Simply add more hot pepper sauce to meet your personal flavor preferences. This can easily be added to the whole pot while cooking or to individual servings before eating.
Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
- Diced Tomatoes
- Chicken Broth
- Steak Sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Bay Leaves
How to Make
Step #1: First on the sauté mode. Then add oil and then cook peppers and onion until slightly tender.
Step #2: Add in the diced-up sausage. I like to make smaller-sized pieces.
Step #3: Toss in the diced tomatoes, bay leaves, sugar, steak sauce and hot pepper sauce.
Step #4: Add in the rice and broth. Make sure the rice is submerged in the liquid.
Step #5: Next, set manual pressure for 5 minutes.
Finally, at the end of the pressure cycle. Allow a natural release of pressure for 5 minutes and then a quick release of any remaining pressure.
Serve with additional peppers and/or cilantro or parsley.
Some of Our Favorite Instant Pot Recipes
If you do have leftover kielbasa recipes with rice dish it up into portion dishes and use for quick lunches or dinners after a long hard day at work.
This dish can be frozen but just know the vegetables and the rice will be a bit softer once it thaws. You can freeze the kielbasa and rice recipe with no problem.
Yes. Kielbasa is a pre-cooked sausage that you can slice and eat cold or opt to heat up as I did in this recipe.
Andouille offers a more spicy flavor than Kielbasa. Both are similar and either one can be used for this recipe. Andouille is considered to be a cajun sausage.
You will find you are in control of how spicy or mild you make the recipe. Omit the hot sauce if you don't enjoy spice. Or if you like spice add more.
I used a white long-grain rice, and you will find any long-grain white rice works. You could even swap with say Jasmine rice. Just know bolder flavored rice will change up the flavor.
Brown rice takes longer to cook. So you will need to alter the liquid to rice ratio, and cooking time.
You will find using brown it can overcook the vegetables to make them very mushy in texture. I recommend to use white rice for a quicker cooking time.
If you are wanting to use cauliflower rice, simply mix in, and do 0 minute cook, with a quick release of pressure. Anything more than that will make your cauliflower turn to mush.
Or leave the cauli-rice out and then stir in once you are done cooking, to allow the cauliflower rice to heat up.
You will find that rinsing white rice helps to remove some of the excess starch. Rinsing rice is something that is more a personal preference on how you want the end result of your rice is.
Supplies used to make the best Instant Pot Cajun Sausage and Rice Recipe
- Instant Pot DUO
- Food Chopper
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Spoon Rest
- Inner Cooking Pot
- Silicone Lid
Ingredients for the most delicious Instant Pot Cajun Sausage and Rice Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounce Kielbasa sausage, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium pepper (green, red, yellow or a combination), diced
- 1 (14 ½ ounce) can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- On sauté mode, add oil and then cook peppers and onion until slightly tender.
- Add in sausage and remaining ingredients.
- Set manual pressure for 5 minutes.
- At the end of the pressure cycle, allow a natural release of pressure for 5 minutes and then a quick release of any remaining pressure.
- Serve with additional peppers and/or cilantro or parsley. Makes 4 servings.
- Can my dog have Cajun Sausage and Rice? The answer is simple: no. Sharing this recipe with your dog can cause more problems than you might imagine. Spicy foods can be toxic to dogs and can cause stomach problems such as pain, diarrhea, and gas.
- Can my cat have Cajun Sausage and Rice? It is best not to let your cat indulge in this highly spiced food recipe, as it could cause an upset stomach or, if the flavoring comes from onions or garlic, it could even interfere with its health. Foods in the onion family are dangerous to most household pets. Spicy foods can cause serious gastrointestinal and digestive problems. which can cause stomach pain, diarrhea, vomiting, etc.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Warmer & Sterilizer, Includes Free App with over 1900 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 6 Quart
Zyliss Zick Food Chopper, 9", White
Simply Gourmet Measuring Cups and Spoons Set - Stainless Steel Measuring Cups Set for Cooking & Baking, Set of 15.
Wooden Spoons for Cooking,Nonstick Kitchen Utensil Set,Wooden Spoons Cooking Utensil Set Non Scratch Natural Teak Wooden Utensils for Cooking(Teak 8 Pack)
Modern Silicone Spoon Rests (Set of 3) | Kitchen Utensil Holders | Quality Material | BPA Free | Counter Spatula Holder | Stovetop Spoon Rest
Instant Pot IP-Stainless Steel Inner Pot 8Qt Genuine Stainless Steel Inner Cooking Pot - 8 Quart
Instant Pot Silicone Lid, 8 quart, White
Amount Per Serving Calories 330Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 43mgSodium 829mgCarbohydrates 25gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 8gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 10g
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!