Skip the coffee shop and make these salted caramel hot chocolate bombs at home! Hollow chocolate filled with hot chocolate mix. As you toss it in a cup, watch as it magically disappears, and the perfect cup of hot chocolate awaits.
Learn how to use your Instant Pot as a double boiler. Then transform your chocolate into hollow bombs that melt into a delicious cup of caramel hot cocoa.
Give this hot cocoa bomb a try for a treat for your kids. Or make a hot chocolate salted caramel whiskey for an adult drink.
Table of contents
- Ingredients For Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs
- How to Make Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs
- How to Use Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Love Caramel? Try These Recipes.
- Tips For Making Hot Cocoa Balls
- Can You Freeze Hot Cocoa Melting Bombs
- Can I Use White Chocolate Instead Of Milk Chocolate
- More Instant Pot Recipes
Ingredients For Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Chocolate Candy Melts
- Hot Chocolate Mix
- Sea Salt
Supplies Used to Make Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs
How to Make Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs
Melt Chocolate | Start by melting your candy wafers in the Instant Pot as a double boiler. If you want you can melt chocolate in the microwave.
Place your chocolate into the silicone mold. Follow the directions below on tips on how to get it into the mold right.
Assemble | Once your hot chocolate is set up, you can add in marshmallows. Then top with the remaining melted chocolate.
Toppings | Once it is all set up, then you can decorate the hot chocolate bombs. Drizzle on caramel sauce and sea salt.
How to Use Hot Chocolate Bombs
Using these hot chocolate melting bombs are so easy to use. Place one or two bombs in a larger mug. Heat up some milk and pour the warm milk over the caramel hot chocolate bombs.
The warm milk will melt away the chocolate and the cocoa powder will release for the perfect cup of hot cocoa.
Love Caramel? Try These Recipes.
- Starbucks Copycat Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Caramel Pecan Cheesecake - Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe
- Pumpkin Cake with Caramel - Instant Pot Cake Recipe
Tips For Making Hot Cocoa Balls
- Use a thin layer of chocolate to coat your mold. If you do too thick you will find it won't melt down the way you would want.
- Add 1-2 bombs per cup to fit your flavor preference.
- Use a hot chocolate powder you like, as it will be a big standout flavor.
- Decorate any way you want. Just remember using larger sprinkles doesn't melt well and for little kids could cause a choking hazard.
Can You Freeze Hot Cocoa Melting Bombs
You can freeze these hot cocoa bombs. Simply place in the freezer container and freeze for 2-3 months. The bombs need to warm up to room temperature before you find they melt well.
Can I Use White Chocolate Instead Of Milk Chocolate
Go right ahead and reach for any flavor of melting chocolate you would like. If you prefer to not use candy wafer melts, you can temper your chocolate and use that as well.
But without tempering the chocolate properly it will not firm up the way you need it to. The chocolate will not stay formed and you won't get that hard shell that is required.