Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Hello, fall! This Pumpkin Cake with Caramel is seriously one of my favorite Instant Pot Pumpkin dessert recipes. If you’re craving a pumpkin cake, you really don’t have to look any further than this Instant Pot cake. It’s fluffy and tasty and certain to have you loving fall!
One of the best parts about this simple pumpkin caramel cake is that it’s a simple pumpkin cake recipe with a yellow cake mix. That means less work for you but you still get to enjoy all that taste and flavor!
If you’re tried my Pumpkin Spice Cake, you know that I’m a big fan of anything and everything pumpkin. What’s not to love? Pumpkin literally goes good with ANYTHING and it’s one of those flavors that we get to really celebrate one time per year.
Are you ready to learn how to make this simple Instant Pot cake recipe? It’s going to be your new favorite! (that you can literally eat any time you want!) This is one of the best recipes with a yellow cake mix.
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot– I’m not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Can I use a different type of frosting for this Pumpkin Caramel Cake?
You can. While I prefer to use the homemade frosting that comes with the recipe listed below, you can branch out and use whatever frosting you want.
You can even get a premade frosting to save on time if you want. Do what works best for you!
Is it possible to use a different type of cake mix for this Instant pot cake recipe?
You bet. I like using yellow because of the coloring and how it turns out, but you can play with this and make it taste differently as well. You can try a chocolate cake mix, or even a coffee-flavored cake mix as well and really live on the wild side!
What are some fun toppings that you could add to this pumpkin cake recipe?
When it comes to toppings, I’m a believer that sometimes, more is less. This is why I’ve stuck with frosting and a drizzle of chocolate.
If you want to add more, you can always sprinkle on chocolate chips, crushed nuts, or even some extra caramel sauce as well.
If you want to play the “cool mom” card, you can set out some topping choices and let everyone add their own toppings that they want.
How do you store this Pumpkin with Caramel cake once cooked?
Due to the ingredients in this cake, you’re going to want to store it in the fridge. Put it into an airtight container so it stays as fresh as possible for as long as possible.
Can you freeze this Instant Pot cake for later?
You can. Just be certain to keep all the air out of the container so that it doesn’t get dried out or get freezer-burnt as well.
A little tip to make it easier to unthaw is to freeze it cut up in pieces. So then you don’t have to unthaw the whole cake at once but instead piece by piece.
More Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
If you like this simple pumpkin dessert, check out the other great pumpkin recipes we have!
This Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe is another great pumpkin dessert that you just can’t miss!
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
More Instant Pot Dessert Recipes
- Instant Pot Lava Cake
- Instant Pot Applesauce
- Instant Pot Smores Cheesecake
- Chocolate Bundt Cake in the Instant Pot
- Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
Yellow cake mix
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of pumpkin purée
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup vegetable oil (divided)
- 1 cup water (divided)
- 3 tablespoons of caramel sauce
- ¼ cup caramel melts
- ¼ cup chocolate morsels
- ¼ cup white chocolate morsels
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of whole milk
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Chocolate syrup
- Start by separating the yellow cake mix evenly between two bowls.
- Using one bowl, put in the cocoa powder, 1 egg, ¼ cup vegetable oil, ½ cup water, and caramel melts. Whisk to combine.
- In the remaining bow, put in the pumpkin purée, 1 egg, pumpkin pie spice, ¼ cup vegetable oil, ½ cup water, caramel sauce, chocolate, and white chocolate morsels. Do the same as the other bowl and whisk together.
- Grab a 7” springform pan and line with parchment paper. Be certain to spray the sides with non-stick spray as well.
- Put half of the chocolate mixture in the pan. Once done, add in 1/2 of the pumpkin mixture. Repeat with remaining chocolate and leftover pumpkin.
- Use a butter knife to stick into the mix and swirl the two flavors together.
- Grab a paper towel and cover the cake. Then put foil over the top.
- Don't forget to add in 1 ½ cups of water into the instant pot.
- Put the cake into the pot with a sling and then seal it. Set it to high pressure and put the timer on 45 minutes.
- While the cake is cooking, you can start making the frosting. Put all the ingredients into a bowl and cream them together. Once done, put into the fridge.
- After the cake is done cooking, let the Instant Pot natural release for 10 minutes. Once that is done, quick release to release steam.
- Take the cake from the Instant Pot and let cool before decorating.
- Cover with frosting and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 411mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 4g
Even More Instant Pot Dessert Recipes
- Semi Homemade Pop Tarts Instant Pot
- Caramel Pecan Cheesecake – Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Banana Bread without a Pan
- Pumpkin Cake with Caramel – Instant Pot Cake Recipe
- Instant Pot Lava Cake – An Easy Instant Pot Dessert Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Dulce de Leche Recipe
- Instant Pot Dessert Recipes – Nutella Bites
- Instant Pot Smores Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Bites
- Instant Pot Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
- Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake – Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe
- Unicorn Popcorn Recipe: How to Make Instant Pot Popcorn
- Instant Pot Apple Crumble Cheesecake
- Easy Apple Cobbler Recipe for the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot 2-Ingredient 7-Up or Sprite Lemon Cake
- Instant Pot Rice Pudding Recipe Pot-in-Pot Method
- Instant Pot Lemon Blueberry Cobbler
- Chocolate Strawberry Cake – Instant Pot Desserts Recipe
- Instant Pot Cherry Cobbler
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake