Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Popeyes Cajun Dirty Rice is one recipe we love in our home. Stay at home and get all your favorite Popeyes flavor in every bite.
If you are looking for an Instant Pot Dirty Rice recipe, this is one to try. Ground beef, chicken and more come together for a tasty Popeyes inspired recipe.
Popeyes Cajun Dirty Rice
I wanted to make a dish that we could feed the family with. The rice cooks up light and fluffy in the Instant Pot.
How To Make Dirty Rice
Start by working on cooking up your meat, I share the full instructions below. Toss in seasoning, liquid and of course rice.
Cook, release, give a stir and serve.
What to Pair With Pressure Cooker Cajun Rice
You could pair almost anything with this dish. Cornbread, buttered dinner rolls, salad and more.
It is very versatile in flavor so the side dishes are endless. We tend to do a type of bread and that is it. Such a hearty dish on its own, or pair with a side of cornbread, salad, or even greens.
More of Our Latest Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Instant Pot Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Spanish Rice: Instant Pot Rice Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Vegetable Curry Recipe
- Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Enchiladas
What Is Popeye’s Cajun Rice Made Of
Ground beef and chicken collide in this dish. You will find a nice rich cajun seasoning, peppers, green onions, yellow onions, long grain rice and more.
Full of rich and satisfying flavor in every single bite. You will get very similar flavor to your favorite Popeye’s rice.
Some people use organ parts to make dirty rice. While I didn’t do that, you are more than welcome to do that if you would prefer.
How Long Does It Take To Cook This Cajun Rice In Instant Pot
You will have to saute your meat and veggies and then get all the other ingredients dumped into your pressure cooker. Then a 10 minute cook time with a quick release.
Now, always take into factor you have to allow your Instant Pot to come to pressure before the clock begins on cooking. Sometimes people forget that part, so factor it in.
It can take around 10-15 minutes for your Instant Pot to come to pressure.
Helpful Kitchen Supplies
- Kitchen Scale– A kitchen scale is a must to have for so many recipes in order to have accurate measurements. This is something that is often overlooked in recipes.
- Meat Thermometer– Having a meat thermometer is essential. I have gone through so many ‘inexpensive’ thermometers that I finally invested in a heavy duty digital thermometer from BBQ guys. It was so worth it!
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot– I’m not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
More Easy Recipes Featuring Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole | Get the flavor of an enchilada in every single bite of this rice dish. One of my favorites and so easy to make up.
- Cajun Sausage and Rice | Another cajun inspired dish that will give you a nice punch of flavor in every single bite.
- Red Beans and Rice | Here is a great red beans and rice dish that is filling and comforting. Whip this up in no time.
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 1 pound ground beef (I used 93% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped chicken pieces (whatever you have on hand)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper (I used red)
- 1/3 cup diced green onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons Cajun seasoning or Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups long-grain white rice, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- additional salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute meat and veggies until meat has browned.
- Add in liquid and deglaze bottom of pan.
- Add in seasonings.
- Add rice and gently submerge without stirring.
- Close lid and set pressure valve to sealing position.
- Set for a manual LOW pressure time of 10 minutes.
- Do a quick pressure release.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pot in Pot, Compatible with 6qt Instant Pot
ekovana Stackable Steamer Insert Pans with sling - compatible with 6qt Instant Pot - Pressure Cooker Accessories for Pot in Pot, Baking, Lasagna pan
Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Air Fryer, Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Sous Vide, Roast, Bake, Broil, and Warmer|8 Quart|11 One-Touch Programs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 1003mgCarbohydrates: 16gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 22g