Sharing is caring!
If you want the best tasting cheesecake, then you’ll have to start making instant pot cheesecake. This delicious Instant Pot pecan pie cheesecake is creamy, tasty, and decadent.
Making cheesecake in the instant pot ensures an even cook every time. I really enjoy making different types of cheesecakes in the instant pot. It’s a fun way to see what flavor my family loves best. My Strawberry Crunch and Peanut Butter Cheesecakes are big winners.
- cream cheese
- brown sugar
As you can see in the recipe below, this Instant Pot cheesecake is topped with a pecan pie filling.
How to Make
The pecan pie topping is made of pecans, brown sugar, egg, and butter all whipped together for the perfect flavor.
You’ll then drizzle this pecan pie mixture over your Instant Pot cheesecake to finalize this delicious dessert.
This instant pot cheesecake takes only 15 minutes to prep, 30 minutes to cook and will need 1 hour to cool down to room temperature.
You’ll then place this Instant Pot pecan cheesecake in your refrigerator to set overnight, about 12 hours.
Do you grease a pie plate before adding the cheesecake crust and filling?
Yes, you should always grease a pie pan before putting the crust in. For my Instant Pot cheesecake, I usually grease the sides of a 6-inch push pan and use parchments rounds on the bottom.
This helps keep the Instant Pot pecan cheesecake from sticking to the pan.
- 6-inch by 3-inch Push Pan or 7-inch by 3-inch Push Pan- I recently started using a high push pan instead of a spring-form pan. In my opinion, the cheesecake looks amazing this way.
- Silicone Sling- This is an essential unless you want to make a sling out of foil every time you make a cheesecake or use a pan in the Instant Pot that needs to be lifted out.
- Large Decorating Tips- I used a decorating tip and reusable icing bag to pipe frosting onto the top of the cake. It gives the cake a prettier, more professional style.
- Reusable Decorating Bag- Do yourself a favor and invest in a nice reusable bag for decorating cakes and cupcakes. It works so much better than the disposable bags and is better for the environment. Even better, they are pretty inexpensive.
- Parchment Rounds- Pre-cut parchment rounds (and squares) are available in a variety of sizes depending on your needs. This can be a huge time-saver so you don't have to measure and cut a circle out.
You can use either a spring form pan or a push pan to make most cheesecake recipes. This Instant Pot cheesecake is made using a push pan in an instant pot. You may want to use a sling to lower your cheesecake into the Instant Pot.
The sling is one of my favorite accessories for my instant pot, as it helps me transfer recipes into the instant pot with ease. No mess. No-fuss.
Like this recipe? Check out all off our Cheesecake Recipes. We're adding more extraordinary flavors all the time! A couple of our favorites, besides this one, are Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake and Oreo Cheesecake. Then, there's our Peanut Butter Cheesecake and Peppermint Cheesecake. And our Creme Brulee Cheesecake...WOW!
Yes, you can put parchment paper in an instant pot. I usually use parchment rounds for my Instant Pot cheesecake recipes.
The parchment rounds or parchment paper are perfectly fine to line your pan with before placing your pecan cheesecake recipe into the Instant Pot for cook time.
Yes, you can put aluminum foil in an Instant Pot. I use aluminum foil to keep moisture off any Instant Pot cheesecake recipe I make.
You’ll see on my recipe card below that I do place aluminum foil over my Instant Pot cheesecake before lowing it into my Instant Pot.
You shouldn’t use your instant pot without a lid, unless you are cooking on the saute mode. The lid keeps the pressure inside so that your recipe can cook under immense pressure.
Always allow the pressure to fully release from your pot before taking the lid off and getting your cheesecake out.
If you love cheesecake and you love pecans, then you’ll love these two getting married for my Instant Pot pecan cheesecake.
The best way to think of this recipe is pecan pie combined with cheesecake topped with a cherry to blast you with flavor.
Print my recipe card below for this Instant Pot cheesecake. Gather up the ingredients, and follow my step by step tutorial to make your cheesecake today.
Supplies for the Best Pecan Cheesecake
- Instant Pot DUO
- 6 Inch Cake Pan
- Parchment Round
- Or Parchment Paper
- Food Processor
- Mixing Bowls
- Aluminum Foil
- Or Paper Towel
- Pressure Cooker Sling
- Cooling Rack
- Cake Plate
- Or Serving Tray
Ingredients for a delicious Crust
Cheesecake Filling Ingredients
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients used to make the Pecan Pie Filling
- Grease the sides and bottoms of a 6-inch push pan and line the pan with a parchment round. Alternatively, you can also line the sides of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter and pulse to mix ingredients. Then, press crust out on the bottom of the pan and ½ way up the sides. You can use the bottom of a glass to press down the crust.
- Place pan in the freezer while making the filling. Freezing will help hold the crust together.
- Mix the cream cheese and granulated sugar until nice and smooth, and then add in one egg at a time while mixing in between adding the eggs.
- Add in the flour, sour cream and vanilla and mix to incorporate.
- Pour the filling into the push pan and tap the pan several times on the counter to remove air bubbles. You can also run a fork or knife through the cheesecake filling to remove air bubbles.
- Mix the ingredients for the Pecan Pie filling and spread the filling over the top of the cheesecake.
- Cover the cheesecake with aluminum foil and/or a paper towel to prevent condensation from accumulating on the top of the cheesecake.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Using a sling (you can buy a sling for the Instant Pot or make one out of foil), lower the pan into the inner pot.
- Close lid and set for a manual high-pressure cooking time of 30 minutes. Allow for a natural pressure release when the cooking time has finished.
- Remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot. Take the foil off of the top and gently soak up any condensation that has formed on the top of the cheesecake with a paper towel or flour sack towel.
- Let the cheesecake cool on a wire rack for at least an hour before refrigerating for 12 hours or overnight.
- After 12 hours, remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and set the pan on top of a large can. Push the sides of the cake pan down, slowly.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan bottom, and set on a cake plate or serving tray.
Variations to Recipe Name:
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- If you want a special touch on the flavor you can add Rum or Bourbon to the filling. Or if you prefer a recipe without alcohol, you can add a bit of Vanilla Extract instead.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Warmer & Sterilizer, Includes Free App with over 1900 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 6 Quart
6 Inch Cake Pan, Removable Bottom Round 6 In Cake Pan, The Carbon Steel Material And Non-Stick Coating Cake Pan 6-Inch Round Make Heating Even, Durable, And Easy To Clean. (3 packs)
Katbite Parchment Rounds 200Pcs, 9 Inch, 4"6"7"8"10"12" Parchment Paper Rounds Available, Uses for Cake Baking, Air Fryer Liners
Parchment-Paper Sheets for Baking-Cake Liners - 200PCS 12x16inches Unbleached Precut Non-Stick Parchment Paper for Baking Cooking Grilling Frying
Cuisinart FP-8SV Elemental 8 Cup Food Processor, Silver
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 Piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls by Umite Chef, Measurement Marks & Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms Size 7, 3.5, 2.5, 2.0,1.5, 1QT, Great for Mixing & Serving
Snowtaros 1200W Stand Mixer, 7.5QT Tilt-Head Dough Mixer with Large Stainless Steel Bowl, Electric Mixer Household Kitchen Aid with Splash Guard, Dough Hook, Wire Whip & Mixing Beater
Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil, 200 Square Feet
Amazon Brand - Presto! Flex-a-Size Paper Towels, Huge Roll, 12 Count = 38 Regular Rolls
Pressure Cooker Sling，Silicone Bakeware Sling for 6 Qt/8 Qt Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi and Multi-function Cooker Anti-scalding Bakeware Lifter Steamer Rack，BPA-Free Silicone Egg Steamer Rack（Gray)
Hiware 2-Pack Cooling Racks for Baking - 10" x 15" - Stainless Steel Wire Cookie Rack Fits Jelly Roll Sheet Pan, Oven Safe for Cooking, Roasting, Grilling
Acrylic Cake Stand with Dome Cover (6 in 1) Multi-Functional Serving Platter and Cake Plate - Use as Cake Holder, Salad Bowl, Platter, Punch Bowl, Desert Platter, Nachos & Salsa Plate
Soirée Collection White Serving Platter Set of 4 (14 Inch) Large Premium Porcelain Platters, Rectangular Plates, Rectangle Serving Platters for Parties & Entertaining - Appetizer & Dessert Serveware
Amount Per Serving Calories 291Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 93mgSodium 90mgCarbohydrates 34gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 25gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 4g
- Gouda Cheese Omelet
- Stop the Scorch: How to Stop Pressure Cooker Burning on Bottom
- Top 5 Canning Pressure Cooker Models of 2024: An Expert's Review
- Crockpot Casseroles with Ground Beef
- How Many Ounces Are in a Barrel of Beer?
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!