8 ingredients is all you need to make a pasta carbonara in your Instant Pot. This is a similar pasta carbonara from the Cheesecake Factory.
Rich creamy pasta that is loaded with flavor. Learn how to make carbonara sauce that will transform your pasta.
Thi is a bacon pasta recipe I always keep on hand. I whip this up and pair with a crispy green salad, breadsticks or even garlic bread or French bread.
Table of contents
Why You Will Love This Pasta Carbonara Recipe...
- Simple ingredients you have in the pantry
- Can make with bacon or skip the bacon for a meatless dish
- Quick cook time for a throw-together dish
- Creamy texture
- Great beginner's Instant Pot Recipe
- Spaghetti Noodles
- Parmesan Cheese
How to Make
Break up the spaghetti noodles and place them in the Instant Pot. You want to fan them out a bit, so they don't clump together.
Submerge pasta in water, and pressure cook on high pressure as directed in the recipe card. Do a quick release of pressure.
Drain the pasta and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Remove the noodles and set aside.
Then in the Instant Pot you will add in your oil, and toss in bacon to cook. Add in garlic and butter.
Once melted and fragrant, turn off the heat and add the pasta back in.
Slowly stir in the egg and parmesan whisking continuously. Add in the noodle water, stir well and then serve.
Storage Of Leftovers
If you have any leftovers on hand, just store the pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Store the pasta for around 3 days. This and our baked spaghetti and American goulash are a few household favorites for leftover pasta.
Eat the leftovers cold or warm them up in the microwave or the stove. If the pasta is too thick, add in a little water to thin it up a bit.
- Make sure all the pasta is covered in water, or it will be dry and not tender.
- Quick release the pasta, otherwise it will make the pasta soggy.
- Stir continuously once you add in the egg, or it will turn to a scrambled egg.
- Skip the bacon and add ham or Panchetta in replace. Or do a meatless carbonara if you want.
Cooking pasta in the Instant Pot can take some strategy. You need to fan out the pasta in different directions. This will help the pasta not stick together as it cooks.
You will want to quick release the pasta, otherwise, it will overcook and become mushy. Just cook as directed and when the timer goes off, release the pressure.
Even though the egg is whisked in when the heat is turned off, all the ingredients are still super hot. This helps the egg cook a bit as you are mixing it up.
The key is to non-stop mix to prevent the egg turning into scrambled eggs.
More Pasta Recipes to Try
- Chicken Penne Pasta
- Taco Pasta
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Pasta
- Chili's Copycat Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Sausage Penne Pasta