Instant Pot Butter Potatoes with Parsley are one of my go-to potato side dish recipes. Tender buttery potatoes are seasoned to perfection and topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese. This Parsley Potatoes recipe is truly where it's at!
These Instant Pot small potatoes are a great starter recipe for those learning to pressure cook. Learn how to cook potatoes in an instant pot!
Honey gold potatoes offer a rich flavor and a nice thin-skinned potato. This makes it easy so no peeling is required for this recipe.
This recipe is an inspiration to the parsley potatoes Julia Child version. parsley buttered potatoes will complement chicken, beef, pork, and more.
Table of contents
Parsley Potatoes Ingredients
- Baby Potatoes
- Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Water or Chicken Stock
Equipment Used to Make IP Butter Potatoes
How to Make Parsley Potatoes
Start by dicing up your potatoes, and then toss them in your pressure cooker.
Sprinkle on your seasonings, and then pour the stock on top. Place the lid on the pressure cooker and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
Once the cooking time is done allow it to natural release for 5 minutes. Then manually release the remaining pressure.
Then open up and add in the butter and parsley, stir and then grate with parmesan cheese.
We love serving butter potatoes with a bbq meal along with other bbq sides.
Interested In More Instant Pot Potato Recipes
Cooking potatoes in Instant Pot are so easy, here are some of my favorite recipes to consider.
- Instant Pot Red Potatoes - mix it up and skip the russet potatoes and enjoy these delicious red potatoes.
- Easy Instant Pot Potato Soup - top with cheddar cheese for a cheesy potato soup.
- Instant Pot mashed potatoes - because mashed potatoes are always a winner.
- Instant pot garlic mashed potatoes - try these potatoes topped with cheddar cheese!
- Best Instant Pot Potato Salad - think baked potato salad.
- Instant pot sweet potatoes - cooked sweet potatoes are amazing topped with butter and brown sugar, or cooked up into a sweet potato casserole. Enjoy these baked sweet potatoes.
- Twice Baked Instant Pot Baked Potatoes - using russet potatoes, you'll love this easy baked potato recipe.
- Potato salad with Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs - We use the 5 5 5 method for the best hard boiled eggs.
Can I Use A Different Variety Of Potatoes
This recipe is great for baby potatoes. White, red, or yellow potatoes are great for this recipe. I think you will enjoy this recipe with any variety of potatoes.
How to Know When Parsley Potatoes Recipe Is Done
Your potatoes are done when you stick a fork in them and they are tender. If you use a larger sized potato you might find your potatoes need a bit longer to cook.
But with smaller potatoes, they should be cooked perfectly with the time in the printable recipe card.
Storing Pressure Cooker Potatoes
Go right ahead and store any potatoes you do not eat right away in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Your potatoes will store for 3-5 days in the fridge. Just reheat in the microwave, or warm the potatoes up in a skillet on the stovetop.
New potatoes are what baby potatoes are called. They are smaller in size compared to say a russet or Yukon gold. New potatoes are harvested when the leaves are still green, so you get smaller-sized potatoes.
The skin on smaller yellow potatoes does not need to be peeled. You will find that the skin is very thin and soft so you can easily eat them.
If you don't want to cook your potatoes in the Instant Pot, you are more than welcome to cook them on the stove. Boil water with your potatoes and once the potatoes are fork-tender, drain.
Then in the pan add butter, seasoning, and spices and enjoy.