Sharing is caring!
Instant Pot Butter Potatoes with Parsley are one of my go-to potato side dish recipes. Tender buttery potatoes are seasoned to perfection and topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese. This Parsley Potatoes recipe is truly where it's at!
These Instant Pot small potatoes are a great starter recipe for those learning to pressure cook. Learn how to cook potatoes in an instant pot!
Honey gold potatoes offer a rich flavor and a nice thin-skinned potato. This makes it easy so no peeling is required for this recipe.
This recipe is an inspiration to the parsley potatoes Julia Child version. parsley buttered potatoes will complement chicken, beef, pork, and more.
Table of contents
Parsley Potatoes Ingredients
- Baby Potatoes
- Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Water or Chicken Stock
Equipment Used to Make IP Butter Potatoes
How to Make Parsley Potatoes
Start by dicing up your potatoes, and then toss them in your pressure cooker.
Sprinkle on your seasonings, and then pour the stock on top. Place the lid on the pressure cooker and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
Once the cooking time is done allow it to natural release for 5 minutes. Then manually release the remaining pressure.
Then open up and add in the butter and parsley, stir and then grate with parmesan cheese.
We love serving butter potatoes with a bbq meal along with other bbq sides.
Interested In More Instant Pot Potato Recipes
Cooking potatoes in Instant Pot are so easy, here are some of my favorite recipes to consider.
- Instant Pot Red Potatoes - mix it up and skip the russet potatoes and enjoy these delicious red potatoes.
- Easy Instant Pot Potato Soup - top with cheddar cheese for a cheesy potato soup.
- Instant Pot mashed potatoes - because mashed potatoes are always a winner.
- Instant pot garlic mashed potatoes - try these potatoes topped with cheddar cheese!
- Best Instant Pot Potato Salad - think baked potato salad.
- Instant pot sweet potatoes - cooked sweet potatoes are amazing topped with butter and brown sugar, or cooked up into a sweet potato casserole. Enjoy these baked sweet potatoes.
- Twice Baked Instant Pot Baked Potatoes - using russet potatoes, you'll love this easy baked potato recipe.
- Potato salad with Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs - We use the 5 5 5 method for the best hard boiled eggs.
Can I Use A Different Variety Of Potatoes
This recipe is great for baby potatoes. White, red, or yellow potatoes are great for this recipe. I think you will enjoy this recipe with any variety of potatoes.
How to Know When Parsley Potatoes Recipe Is Done
Your potatoes are done when you stick a fork in them and they are tender. If you use a larger sized potato you might find your potatoes need a bit longer to cook.
But with smaller potatoes, they should be cooked perfectly with the time in the printable recipe card.
Storing Pressure Cooker Potatoes
Go right ahead and store any potatoes you do not eat right away in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Your potatoes will store for 3-5 days in the fridge. Just reheat in the microwave, or warm the potatoes up in a skillet on the stovetop.
New potatoes are what baby potatoes are called. They are smaller in size compared to say a russet or Yukon gold. New potatoes are harvested when the leaves are still green, so you get smaller-sized potatoes.
The skin on smaller yellow potatoes does not need to be peeled. You will find that the skin is very thin and soft so you can easily eat them.
If you don't want to cook your potatoes in the Instant Pot, you are more than welcome to cook them on the stove. Boil water with your potatoes and once the potatoes are fork-tender, drain.
Then in the pan add butter, seasoning, and spices and enjoy.
Equipment Used to Make IP Butter Potatoes
Baby Potatoes with Butter Parsley
- 1½ pounds Honey Gold baby potatoes, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
Topping for Butter Potatoes
- Add the potatoes to the Instant Pot and sprinkle with the garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Pour water or broth into the unit and cover. Lock the lid into place and flip the pressure valve to “Sealing.” Select the “Manual” setting on high and adjust the cooking time to 2 minutes.
- When the cooking time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes. Then do a quick release for any remaining pressure. Once the pin drops and no more steam is coming out, carefully remove the lid and set it aside.
- Turn the unit off and drain the potatoes completely. Return the potatoes to the unit and add melted butter and parsley. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, and toss to combine.
- To serve, transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl and top with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
How Long to Cook Potatoes In Instant Pot
What to Serve with Parsley Potatoes
- Can my dog have Parsley Potatoes with Butter? Cooked potatoes are a safe food for your dog, they even sell commercial potato-based dog foods. A cooked potato diet is recommended for dogs with allergies. However, this recipe is not only made of potatoes but includes garlic and parsley, a toxic ingredient for your dog. Also giving butter is not a good idea, as some dogs are lactose intolerant. Ideally, you should give your dog potatoes that do not contain these two ingredients.
- Can my cat have Parsley Potatoes with Butter? Although the potato itself is not harmful to cats, this recipe includes garlic, a toxic ingredient to your cat. It is advisable not to give this or butter, as some cats are lactose intolerant.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tasteful Selections Organic Two Bite Honey Gold Potatoes, 24 oz
KSL Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder Set (Batteries included) - Automatic Adjustable Shakers - Stainless Steel Powered Spice Mills - Battery Operated Kitchen Peppermills w/ Light - Housewarming Gift
Cambom Manual Rotary Cheese Grater - Round Mandoline Slicer with Strong Suction Base, Vegetable Slicer Nuts Grinder Cheese Shredder with Clean Brush
Instant Pot Ultra 60 Electric Pressure Cooker, 6 Quart, Stainless Steel/Black
Amount Per Serving Calories 442Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 24mgSodium 413mgCarbohydrates 96gFiber 1gSugar 93gProtein 3g
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!