Sharing is caring!
Panda Express fried rice is the ultimate Instant Pot fried rice recipe. Tender white rice, vegetables, and even chicken in each bite. Skip ordering carry out and stay home. This Panda Express chicken fried rice will be a huge hit.
Have you made rice in your Instant Pot yet? It is so easy to do and you end up with light and fluffy rice every single time!
This simple fried rice can be made as a side dish to compliment your meal or make it the main dish! I like to serve it with Instant Pot Chicken and Green Beans.
Table of contents
- Ingredients Needed For Panda Express Chicken Fried Rice
- How To Make Panda Express Fried Rice in Instant Pot
- Why You Will Love This Chicken Fried Rice
- What Is Panda Express
- What Makes A Good Panda Express Fried Rice
- Best Rice To Use For Panda Express Rice
- Storage For Leftover Fried Rice
- Best Way To Reheat Fried Rice
- Is There An Alternative to Soy Sauce
- More Recipes To Try Out
Ingredients Needed For Panda Express Chicken Fried Rice
- Mixed Veggies
- Soy Sauce
- Green Onions
- Sesame Seeds
Supplies Used to Make Panda Express Fried Rice
How To Make Panda Express Fried Rice in Instant Pot
In the empty Instant Pot, you will add in your oil and saute the frozen veggies. You want to cook until they are warmed and thawed.
Now in a small bowl scramble your eggs. Create a hole in center of veggies and pour in your eggs and scramble.
Stir in the remaining ingredients and once mixed serve up. Top with sesame seeds and green onions.
Check out all our rice recipes.
Why You Will Love This Chicken Fried Rice
- Same flavor as Panda Express fried rice
- Perfectly cooked rice
- Vegetables and egg in every bite
- Add or leave out the chicken if you want
- Easy side dish or main entree
- Kid friendly
What Is Panda Express
Panda Express is an Asian fast food chain. You will find they serve typically non-traditional Chinese recipes.
Peppered chicken, orange chicken, and much more. One popular dish is their fried rice. If you have never ate there, you should try it sometime if you ever get a chance.
What Makes A Good Panda Express Fried Rice
Fried rice needs to be kept simple. No out of the box ingredients. Simple, easy, and it will always win over a crowd.
You will find all the ingredients complement each other nicely. So you get a tasty dish almost no one can resist.
Best Rice To Use For Panda Express Rice
You can use any variety of rice you would like. This recipe features white rice as that is what the restaurant used.
But if you want to use brown rice or Jasmine or Basmati go right ahead. Depending on the rice you choose cook time in the pressure cooker may vary.
Storage For Leftover Fried Rice
If you have any leftovers simply store the rice in the fridge. With chicken it will store for 3-4 days.
If you did a vegetarian take on the rice and skipped the meat the rice will store for 4-5 days.
Best Way To Reheat Fried Rice
Rice is tricky to reheat. You will find it can fry out rather fast. I recommend adding in a teaspoon or so of broth or water.
Then place a lid on top of the rice, without sealing it tight. You want the rice to have a vent. Reheat in microwave till warm.
Reheating this well helps to steam the rice and helps it to not fry out as much.
Is There An Alternative to Soy Sauce
If you can’t have soy sauce, I recommend using coconut aminos. It offers a very similar flavor to the sauce. You will notice a slight difference in flavor, but it is minimal!
More Recipes To Try Out
Fried Rice Ingredients
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (carrots and peas)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 ounces cooked chicken, shredded
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In your Instant Pot, add in your rice and water. Choose the “Rice” setting on your Instant Pot pressure cooker. Close your lid and close the valve.
- Once done cooking, do a manual release. Once pressure is completely released, take your lid off. Fluff your rice with a fork. Transfer your rice to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Press the cancel button on your Instant Pot, and then select the saute function.
- Add to your pot your oil, and frozen peas and carrots. Cook until thawed and warmed.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk your eggs together.
- Move your vegetables to the side of the pot creating a hole in the middle. Add the whisked eggs. Sauté until fully cooked.
- Add in the rice, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and chicken. Mix together.
- Add in the green onions.
- Transfer the fried rice to bowls. Top with more green onions and sesame seeds.
Make chicken in your Instant Pot ahead of time to shred for this recipe. See our post on how to cook chicken in the Instant Pot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Antner 5 Pairs Natural Bamboo Chopsticks Reusable Classic Japanese Style Chop Sticks Gift Sets, Dishwasher Safe, 8.8 Inch/22.5cm
OXO Good Grips 4-Piece Glass Prep Bowl Set
COOK WITH COLOR Silicone Whisks for Cooking, Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set of Two - 10” and 12”, Heat Resistant Kitchen Whisks, Balloon Whisk for Nonstick Cookware - Rose Gold and Mint Green
Happy Sales, Bamboo Chopsticks Gift Set Rice Paddle Included (Natural)
McCormick Gourmet Organic Toasted Sesame Seed, 1.37 oz
Shan Ginger Paste 24.69 oz (700g) - Traditional Taste Enhancing Cooking Paste from Fresh Ground Ginger - Suitable for Vegetarians - Airtight Glass Jar
Amount Per Serving Calories 311Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 151mgSodium 382mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 16g
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!