Whip up this Ninja Foodi roast for your dinner or Sunday meal this week. A seasoned pot roast with vegetables, ready to pair with your favorite side dishes.
Carrots, potatoes, green beans help add flavor to your pressure cooker pot roast.
This is a famous roast recipe as it features cocoa powder which is a secret ingredient when it comes to roasts. If you have not tried it, give it a whirl and let me know what you think.
Table of contents
- Ingredients For Instant Pot Roast
- How to Make Ninja Foodi Roast
- Best Roast for Ninja Foodi Pot Roast
- Tip on How to Cook Roast In Instant Pot and Ninja Foodi
- Do you put vegetables on top or bottom of pot roast?
- Do you have to brown a roast before cooking?
- Can you cook frozen meat in Ninja Foodi?
- How do you sear a roast before cooking?
- Best Ninja Foodi Recipes
Ingredients For Instant Pot Roast
- Salt, Pepper, Seasonings
- Cocoa Powder
- Tomato Paste
- Fingerling Potatoes
- Beef Broth
- Green Beans
Equipment Used to Make Ninja Foodi Pot Roast
How to Make Ninja Foodi Roast
Start by seasoning your beef roast, and then add oil into the Ninja Foodi and hit saute.
Sear your beef on both side, this locks in tons of flavor.
Remove the roast and pour in the broth to deglaze the pot as directed in the recipe card below.
Add in the tomato paste, cocoa powder, garlic and Italian seasoning and mix well.
Place roast back in the pressure cooker. Pressure cook as directed.
Once done open the lid, toss in veggies and cook as directed. Once done you are ready to serve up a delicious pot roast with vegetables.
Best Roast for Ninja Foodi Pot Roast
Chuck, rump, shoulder, etc. are all wonderul cuts of beef roasts. The pressure cooker helps to ensure a moist and tender roast each and every time.
Tip on How to Cook Roast In Instant Pot and Ninja Foodi
- Sear your beef roast to help lock in flavor and texture.
- Add vegetables in later so they don't overcook in the pressure cooker.
- Use broth instead of water for a richer flavor.
- Remove meat and veggies then turn the saute feature on. Mix in a cornstarch slurry to turn into a gravy to pour over the meat and vegetables.
- Skip adding the vegetables and serve this Instant Pot pot roast with Instant Pot Green Beans and Garlic Mashed Potatoes. I also like serving roast beef with oven-roasted carrots. So good!
Do you put vegetables on top or bottom of pot roast?
Because you are adding your vegetables at the end of cooking your roast, you will place vegetables on top of the roast.
You need to keep your roast in the liquid to prevent your roast from drying out.
Do you have to brown a roast before cooking?
No, you do not have to brown a roast before you cook it. You can make this exact recipe and just skip the saute searing. It will remove some flavor, but overall you will have a delicious pot roast to serve up.
Can you cook frozen meat in Ninja Foodi?
Absolutely! Toss in your frozen roast and cook the same amount of time. It will take longer for the Foodi to come to pressure as it is going to thaw the roast before the cooking begins.
How do you sear a roast before cooking?
- Add oil to Foodi and select saute to let it get hot.
- Season roast, and place in hot oil.
- Sear all sides.
- Turn saute off and cook as directed!
Searing a roast is so simple to do, and literally takes minimal time. But the payout is phenomenal!