Craving chicken? Try out this popular hot chicken tenders recipe! An air fryer fried chicken that is then drenched in a sauce and crisped up for a sticky chicken tender that carries a punch.
This Ninja Foodi chicken breast recipe is great for serving up at lunch or dinner. Pair with some blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing and dive in!
This recipe is great for chicken tenderloins or cut-up chicken breasts. We love making Ninja Foodi chicken breast recipes like this one. Homemade chicken tenders that are sweet, spicy, and totally addictive.
Ingredients For Spicy Chicken Tenders
- Boneless Chicken Tenderloins
- Dill Pickle Juice
- Hot Sauce
- Cayenne Pepper
- Brown Sugar
How to Make
Start by marinating your chicken as directed in the recipe card below. It needs to marinade for at least 4 hours.
In a small bowl, you will create your dry mixture for dredging the chicken. Add your flour, bread crumbs, and spices together and mix till combined.
Now create your egg wash, and bread your chicken tenders as directed.
Place on a greased air fryer basket, and cook for 8-14 minutes. Then flip the chicken part way through cooking.
Then dip each tender in the hot sauce and brown sugar mixture, and serve.
If you want to store your chicken, just allow to cool a bit then place in container and store for around 3 days in the fridge.
You can freeze any leftover chicken you don't eat. Just freeze for up to 3 months. Then reheat in the microwave, or covered in foil in the oven.
Just be cautious of it reheating in the oven as it can burn the coating because of the sugar.
Variations To Recipe
- You can marinate your chicken in just buttermilk if you want, it will help lock in moisture to the chicken. If you don't have buttermilk, it's easy to learn how to make buttermilk. A simple ratio of 1 tablespoon of white vinegar to 1 cup milk makes a terrific buttermilk substitute.
- If you are wanting the chicken to be spicier then use a hotter hot sauce. If you prefer a milder flavor, reach for a mild sauce.
- Swap hot sauce with a bbq sauce if you don't want spice.
- You can bake these in the oven if you don't own a Ninja Foodi or air fryer.
If you want to take pre-made air tenders go ahead. You will air fry them until warmed through, then dip them in the hot sauce mixture.
Grab a meat thermometer and make sure the temperature reads 165 degrees. I also recommend once your chicken reaches the proper internal temperature to allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
This will help prevent the chicken from drying out.