Warm and filling, here’s a beef and vegetable soup that’s packed full of flavor, making it the perfect dinner option for those chilly winter nights.
Table of contents
During the cold chilly nights, there’s nothing better than curling up on the couch with a bowl of steaming hot soup, and if that’s your idea of a perfect dinner, here’s a little something to help you get right onto it. Read on to discover an incredibly flavorful beef and vegetable soup recipe that will soothe your soul.
Which Veggies Will I Need?
Our Instant Pot vegetable soup recipe calls for the use of zucchini, red onions, carrots, celery and spinach, but the beauty of this soup is that you can use pretty much any veggie you have or like.
In fact, this soup is actually a great way to utilize those veggies leftover in your refrigerator that have a risk of getting spoiled if you don’t use them in a day or two.
This soup can actually turn out to be a great budget meal idea to try out. Some other veggies that you can consider adding to this vegetable soup Instant Pot recipe are peas, cabbage, broccoli, mushrooms, green beans, kale, collard greens, pumpkin, corn, tomatoes, spring onions, cauliflower and even parsnips.
Can I Make the Soup Thicker?
Since this soup is packed with veggies and meatballs, we’ve kept it on the thin broth side, but if you prefer your soup to have a thicker base, you can totally do that too.
Depending on your preference, you can thicken this meatball soup recipe with cream or stir in a little cornstarch slurry into the mixture before giving it a final simmer.
Both of these techniques can lend your soup a thicker and richer texture.
How Can I Make it More Filling?
Packed with meatballs and veggies, this Instant Pot soup can actually be a nice and light dinner option, but if you’re looking to make it more filling, there are a couple of easy ways you could do that.
One good trick is to add a couple spoonfuls of cooked rice into it before giving it a final stir. If you don’t have rice or are not a fan of rice, you could also sneak in some noodles or boiled pasta. To make it more nutritious and filling, you could even consider adding some lentils while cooking the veggies.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Loved making this soup? Wondering if there’s a good side dish or an accompaniment to team up along with it? Here are a few awesome ideas to get you started.
- Crusty garlic bread
- Tomato and cucumber salad
- Mashed garlic potatoes
- Cheesy pull apart bread
- Stir fried green beans
- A simple spinach salad
- Herbed dinner rolls
- Stir fried asparagus
- A simple pasta salad
- Zucchini fritters
Instant Pot Beef and Vegetable Soup Supplies
- Silicone ladle and cooking utensil set | A utensil set that is both gorgeous and functional, this is the last utensil set that you will ever need. The beautiful design of this silicone utensil set is worthy of displaying on the countertop.
- Lunch soup thermos | One of the best things about the Instant Pot is that you can cook meals while you are doing other things. How about whipping up a soup for lunch while getting ready for the day in the morning? Ladle up a serving of soup into this soup thermos, and have a delicious, healthy, and budget friendly meal at lunch. Skip the take out for a day.
- Large soup spoons (stainless steel) | These are the best soup spoons. While a standard spoon can do in a pinch, soup spoons have a larger bowl and are ideal for scooping up broth.
- Soup bowls | This is a huge selection of soup bowls. There are so many to choose from, and you can select your favorite style and color.
- Soup containers with lids | Here is a big range of soup storage containers. Some of these work perfectly for freezer cooking soup and storing soup to reheat later. If you meal prep, these container also work for storing chopped vegetables or pre-cooked meats for use later in the week.
Other Instant Pot Soups to Try
- Butternut Squash Soup | Fresh butternut squash makes this soup flavorful and delicious.
- Thai Chicken Thighs Soup | Flavors of Southeast Asia used in this soup with chicken thighs make for a tasty soup recipe that is perfect for a chilly day.
- Mushroom Barley Soup | This hearty soup is one you will want to add to your meal plan rotation. It's full of rich mushroom aromas that make for an earthy broth.
- Ham and Potato Soup | Always a favorite on the menu, this ham and potato soup recipe is a comfort food favorite.