Calling all spice lovers- here’s an insanely easy and lip smacking delicious recipe you just can’t go wrong with when you’re hit by a craving. This Korean Spicy Noodles in Instant Pot recipe take just a few minutes of prep time and a handful of ingredients.
Table of contents
- Korean Noodle Dishes Kitchen Supplies
- I Don’t Have Hokkien Noodles. Can I Use Anything Else?
- Which Other Veggies Can I Add?
- Can I Use Another Meat (Or Skip it Entirely?)
- Can I Make & Store These Noodles in Instant Pot for Later?
- Serving Ideas & Suggestions for Noodles in Instant Pot
- More Instant Pot Noodle Recipes
Korean Noodle Dishes Kitchen Supplies
- Chopsticks | Eating Asian-inspired recipes with chopsticks is half the fun. This set of reusable chopsticks is just what you need for all your make at home dinners.
- Ramen bowls with chopsticks and spoons | Noodles in a bowl, or a ramen soup are just what these bowls are made for. They come complete with matching chopsticks and a soup spoon for all those Asian-inspired soup recipes. I plan to use it with our Thai Chicken Thighs soup.
- Glass storage containers with lids | If you find yourself often ending up with leftovers, or if you do food prep for the week in advance, this set of storage containers is just what you need. There are plenty of containers with lids so you can sort chopped vegetables and keep them ready to toss into the recipes you have planned out for the week.
- Wooden cooking utensils | We use wooden cooking spoons almost daily. This set of kitchen utensils is a handy and attractive set that would look nice on any countertop.
Ready to go ahead and give it a try? Here’s what you need to know before you jump right into it!
I Don’t Have Hokkien Noodles. Can I Use Anything Else?
If you’re not someone who spends a lot of time experimenting in the kitchen, you might not necessarily have Hokkien noodles- which are basically fresh noodles that have a slightly chewy texture.
And while these spicy noodles taste when you use them, if you don’t have them, you can totally use Udon noodles as well.
Which Other Veggies Can I Add?
For this recipe, we’ve used snow peas, cauliflower, onions and bell peppers, but if you don’t have these, or love a veggie loaded dish, you can sneak in some other Korean inspired veggies too.
Green beans, baby corn, broccoli, eggplant, mushrooms, zucchini, carrots, bok choy and cabbage can be excellent choices!
Can I Use Another Meat (Or Skip it Entirely?)
Our recipe calls for some beef stew meat, but if you don’t have that or are just not a non vegetarian, you could skip that too, and make it a veggie noodle dish if that’s what you prefer. However, you would need to change the cooking time too.
You could also try replicating the same recipe, but with chicken instead. Again, adjust the cooking time accordingly.
And of course, a soft boiled egg on top can really take it up a notch, especially when it comes to nutritive value.
Can I Make & Store These Noodles in Instant Pot for Later?
Looking to batch make these and store them for later to lessen the hassle on your weeknight dinners? That’s possible too. However, the noodles are easy enough to make while the beef cooks in the instant pot.
You can allow the stock mixture to cool down and store it in an airtight container, and then heat the beef mixture up to serve over freshly made noodles if you have leftovers.
When you want to make it, all you need to do is add it to your Instant Pot, set the pressure cooker to a manual high pressure cook time of Zero minutes, and it will be reheated nicely.
Add in the freshly cooked noodles, and stir.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions for Noodles in Instant Pot
Prepping these noodles for a few friends? Looking to make it a complete Korean meal? Here are some super delicious side options to team it up with.
- Seasoned spinach
- Spicy cucumber salad
- Stir fried zucchini
- Picked radishes
- Eggs in a soy broth
- Braised black beans
- Seasoned bean sprouts
- Steamed eggplant
- Soy sauce braised baby potatoes
- Spicy soft tofu
- Easy cabbage pancakes
- Sesame broccoli
- Stir fried radish
- Potato pancakes
- Seafood pancakes
- Braised lotus roots
More Instant Pot Noodle Recipes
- Swedish Meatballs with Noodles | This recipe is so delicious and is an easy (and quick) dinner recipe. My family loves Swedish meatballs, and often serve them with potatoes or rice instead of noodles for a change.
- Thai-Inspired Peanut Noodles | If you like Thai food, you will love this easy-to-make Thai-inspired Peanut Noodles recipe. It's a simple recipe, and you can even use regular spaghetti noodles.
- Cajun Chicken Pasta | Who doesn't like a little Cajun flavor from time to time? This chicken pasta combo blends the best of both food groups into one perfect chicken dinner recipe.