Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Korean Ground Beef is one incredible weeknight dinner. Whip up this Instant Pot Korean beef served over a bed of rice.
Korean Ground Beef
A sweet and spicy Korean beef recipe that is truly so easy to make in your pressure cooker. The perfect weeknight dinner or meal to serve a crowd.
How To Make Korean Ground Beef in Instant Pot
Start by sauteing your ground beef in your Instant Pot. Once you have it browned, you will move on to adding the other ingredients into your pressure cooker.
You can cook your rice the same time as you cook your beef if you would like. I share all the instructions in the printable recipe card below.
I love making my rice at the same time as the beef so I have a meal in one which makes dinner so easy for me. Plus you get a fluffy rice that is perfectly tender.
How to Clean Your Inner Pot
What Is The Best Rice For Cooking With This Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipe
You will want to use long-grain white rice. You will find if you use brown rice it would need a longer cook time and variation to the recipe.
Check Out More Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese with Ground Beef | This is a cheesy, tender pasta, and ground beef loaded recipe. Give this a go for the ultimate weeknight dinner.
- Goulash | Looking for a classic dish? Give this goulash recipe a try for dinner soon.
- Loose Burgers | Here are ground beef loose burgers to pile in a bun and enjoy for a quick meal.
Can I Double This Instant Pot Korean Beef Recipe
Depending on the size of your Instant Pot will depend. If you have an 8 quart you should be able to possibly double.
The biggest thing is making sure it all fits in the pressure cooker without going over the max line.
How Long Can You Store Leftover Korean Beef
You can store this leftover in the fridge for up to three days. Anything after that you will need to use your best judgment.
The rice you can store in the fridge for up to five days if you store it in a separate container.
To reheat this you can toss in the microwave for a quick reheat or opt to heat it up in a skillet on the stove. I recommend heating the ground beef mixture low and slow on the stove.
How To Add More Spice To Recipe
If you want to spice up this recipe add in more red pepper flakes on top of your dish. That way each person can add the perfect amount of spice to each plate.
Or if you all like heat add a few more to the mixture before you cook. Now, if you are the opposite you can use fewer pepper flakes to tame the spice.
Try More Easy Instant Pot Dinner Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Curry Recipe
- Instant Pot Beefy Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot Meatballs and Meatball Sliders
- and the rest of our Instant Pot Easy Dinner Recipes
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1- inch ginger, grated or minced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups long-grained rice, rinsed
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add ground beef to Instant Pot and turn on saute mode. Saute until it is just browned. Drain grease if necessary. If using 90% lean beef, draining might not be necessary.
- Add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, water, brown sugar and peppers.
- Insert a high trivet (the insert that comes with the 8 quarter instant pot can be made into a high trivet by inverting the handles). It works great to make pot in pot rice with this Korean Ground Beef recipe for the Instant Pot.
- Rinse rice and then add the rice, water and salt to a 6 or 7-inch pan, and then set the pan on top of the high trivet.
- Set the Instant Pot to sealing and select a high-pressure cooking time for 4 minutes.
- Do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, and then let out the remaining pressure.
- Remove the pan of rice and the trivet. You're ready to serve Instant Pot Korean Ground Beef recipe for dinner.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Air Fryer, Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Sous Vide, Roast, Bake, Broil, and Warmer|8 Quart|11 One-Touch Programs
Pot in Pot, Compatible with 6qt Instant Pot
ekovana Stackable Steamer Insert Pans with sling - compatible with 6qt Instant Pot - Pressure Cooker Accessories for Pot in Pot, Baking, Lasagna pan
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 453Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 1061mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 34g