Sharing is caring!
This Italian Chicken Breast is a fast and easy way to get delicious chicken dinner on the table fast. It's one of my favorite Italian chicken breast recipes and we love it so much that we've added it to our monthly meal planning rotation.
Table of contents
- Italian Chicken Breast in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Kitchen Supplies
- Ingredients needed to make Italian Seasoned Chicken Breast
- What does it mean when chicken breast is chewy?
- Supplies to Make Italian Chicken
- How do you moisten dry chicken?
- More Chicken Recipes
- Is it better to cook chicken in foil?
- How long should you let chicken rest?
- More Instant Pot Recipes
Make certain to check out our Instant Pot Chicken Marsala and our Chicken Fajita Soup in the Instant Pot as well. All of these chicken dishes are easy to prepare and packed full of great taste! And, don't forget our Jalapeño Popper Chicken Pasta.
Italian Chicken Breast in the Instant Pot
In less than an hour of time, you're going to have a chicken meal that will hit all the tastebuds in your mouth. And since this recipe calls for mushrooms as well as goat cheese topped at the end, it's going to be a savory dish as well as a delicious one, too.
The fresh rosemary and thyme (plus all the other seasonings) give it an amazing flavor that just works so perfectly together as well.
Instant Pot Kitchen Supplies
- Meat Tenderizer- Can't find pre-tenderized meat at the store? It is easy to tenderize meat at home if you have the right tool.
- Steamer Basket- This is an essential tool and is used with an Instant Pot for a lot of recipes.
- Instant Pot Inner Pot- I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Ingredients needed to make Italian Seasoned Chicken Breast
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red onion
- Baby Portobello mushrooms
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Chicken broth
- Garlic powder
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Fresh rosemary leaves
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Goat cheese
- Fresh parsley
What does it mean when chicken breast is chewy?
If you notice that your chicken breast is chewy once cooked and served, there's a good chance that it's been overcooked. Typically if you're following the recipe below, you shouldn't have this issue with the outcome of your chicken.
Supplies to Make Italian Chicken
- White Instant Pot Duo | This is the best Instant Pot if you want to have a crisp clean and modern look for a small appliance countertop pressure cooker.
- Thongs | Use thongs in this recipe to place the chicken in the pan or on the trivet. Then, when the Italian chicken finishes, use the tongs again to serve dinner.
- Glass meal prep freezer containers | We use these glass meal prep containers all the time. They are so handy for saving leftovers, or for when we make a double batch of a recipe and put half of it up in the freezer to eat on a busy weeknight.
- Sling | This is our favorite go-to sling. Use it for cooking meat, eggs, or veggies, or use it to lift a pan in or out of the Instant Pot.
How do you moisten dry chicken?
Since this recipe comes with plenty of moisture and the mushroom sauce to spoon on at the end, you're not going to have to worry about your chicken turning out dry. It should be fine with all the additions in this recipe.
More Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs and Potatoes
- Chicken Breast and Rice
- Chicken and Dumplings in the Instant Pot
- Easy Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowl
- Instant Pot Chicken Chow Mein
Is it better to cook chicken in foil?
You'll find that a lot of people will cook their chicken in foil when they're baking it in the oven. I don't wrap it in foil in the Instant Pot because it's not necessary to do.
Since the Instant Pot does a great job of cooking fast and easily, the moisture also retains and it doesn't seem to be a huge issue or problem. If you're worried that your chicken is going to be dry, you can always add a sauce or gravy on top to help.
How long should you let chicken rest?
We've all heard that meat is supposed to rest, right?
For Chicken breasts, once they're fully cooked and removed from the heat source, letting them rest for 5-10 minutes can help enhance the overall flavor and moisture level within the meat.
And while it can be totally hard to wait that long for it to rest, it really does make a difference in the outcome, too.
Tuscan Inspired Chicken Breast Ingredients
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ medium red onion diced
- 8 ounces baby Portobello mushrooms thinly sliced
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts 1/4" in thickness
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Put a tablespoon of olive oil in your Instant Pot and hit saute. Put on high and once it reads "hot", add in onion and mushrooms.
- Stir frequently until onions are soft. This will take about 5-6 minutes. Move to a bowl and set aside for later.
- Add one more tablespoon of olive oil to Instant Pot and season your Italian chicken breasts (salt and pepper on both sides).
- Put in Instant Pot without crowding and brown both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Take out of the pot once down and repeat with all chicken breasts.
- Put veggies back into the Instant Pot and add in broth, garlic powder, thyme, and rosemary. Stir.
- Put the trivet in Instant Pot and place chicken on top. Cover. Put the lid on and lock and put the pressure valve to sealing. Press manual and set to high. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Once done, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Quick-release any remaining pressure. Turn Instant Pot off and take off the lid.
- Let chicken rest on a platter for 5 minutes.
- Put the goat cheese in the cooking liquid and stir.
- Serve with mushroom sauce served on top of chicken. This makes a tasty Tuscan inspired chicken breast recipe.
- Toss in some asparagus or artichoke with the sauce for a variation.
- Serve with risotto or fettuccini with an alfredo sauce.
- Can my dog have Italian Chicken Breast? This recipe includes several ingredients that can be harmful to your dog's health. On the one hand, garlic and onion in large quantities or served very often, can generate intoxication in the blood, followed by several ailments. In addition, it is very likely that your dog is lactose intolerant, this is a very common characteristic among canines. So goat cheese is an option that can give him a hard time. Other than that, the rest of the plant-based ingredients, given in moderation, are safe to feed your pet.
- Can my cat have Italian Chicken Breast? As with dogs, cats do not tolerate large amounts of garlic or onion, so it would be advisable to eliminate them from this recipe before offering it to your cat. The same happens with cheese since it is very likely that your cat is lactose intolerant. Apart from this, the three aromatic plants included in this Italian Chicken are the most suitable for the health of your feline; rosemary, thyme, and parsley, due to their properties, provide vitamins and minerals, and have diuretic, anti-inflammatory, cleansing and digestive benefits.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 478Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 159mgSodium 570mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 61g
More Instant Pot Recipes
- How Many Ounces Are in a Barrel of Beer?
- Is Oatmeal Good for Upset Stomach? Uncovering Soothing Foods for Digestive Woes
- Crockpot Guinness Beer Pot Roast
- 15 Bean Soup Crockpot Recipe
- Can You Put Frozen Ground Turkey in Crock Pot: Safe Cooking Tips Revealed
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!