This restaurant version of Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana soup is an Olive Garden copycat recipe. Italian sausage, kale, potatoes, in a creamy broth, that is heavenly.
Skip dining out and make this Olive Garden soup recipe for dinner, meal prep for lunches, or entertain guests. Pair with a salad, breadsticks, or eat alone!
Table of contents
- Ingredients Needed For Zuppa Toscana Soup
- How to Make Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- Variations To Soup
- What to Serve With Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup
- How to Prep Kale for Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- Can you freeze Zuppa Toscana soup?
- How many calories are in Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana?
- More Delicious Instant Pot Recipes
Why You Will Love This Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana...
- Easy to Make
- 5 Minute Prep
- Good Source of Nutrients
- Stores Well Leftover
- Affordable compared to Ordering at Restaurant
Ingredients Needed For Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Italian Sausage
- Vegetable Stock
- Half and Half
- Italian Seasoning
How to Make Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
Start by browning your sausage on the saute feature in the Instant Pot. Then add in your onion and garlic and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
Pour in your stock and deglaze the pot. Followed by adding in potatoes, spice mix, and then seal and cook for 9 minutes on high pressure.
Do a quick release, add in your cream and kale, and stir letting the kale wilt a bit. Then serve up this delicious Zuppa Toscana kale soup.
Full directions and measurements are in the recipe card below.
Variations To Soup
- You can use ground beef to replace sausage if you would like.
- If you want a dairy-free soup use a dairy alternative like almond milk. It will affect the flavor a bit.
- Swap spinach leaves with the kale if you would like.
- Add in other spices and herbs to adjust the flavor if you would like.
- Use heavy cream instead of half and half for a richer flavor.
- Top with some bacon crumbles for added flavoring.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes for a kick of spice.
What to Serve With Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup
You will find that salad or breadsticks compliment this soup nicely. Or you can serve the soup up alone for a dish in one if you prefer.
How to Prep Kale for Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
Kale needs to be rinsed well in cold water. You will find even some people recommend soaking the leaves in ice water, then rinse. This helps to remove any debris and dirt on the leaves.
Cut the stems off the kale. Then you will chop up your kale the desired size you want. Or you can buy pre-prepped kale to save time on prep for this soup.
Can you freeze Zuppa Toscana soup?
This Zuppa soup can be frozen for 2-3 months. If you place in an airtight container, make sure to leave room at the top. Soup will expand as it freezes.
If you fill to the brim, you run the risk of breaking your container and making a mess in your freezer.
How many calories are in Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana?
For this particular version for 6 servings out of the soup, it is 432 calories. You are more than welcome to create more servings out of the soup to lessen the overall calorie count if you need.