Sharing is caring!
This restaurant version of Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana soup is an Olive Garden copycat recipe. Italian sausage, kale, potatoes, in a creamy broth, that is heavenly.
Skip dining out and make this Olive Garden soup recipe for dinner, meal prep for lunches, or entertain guests. Pair with a salad, breadsticks, or eat alone!
Table of contents
- Ingredients Needed For Zuppa Toscana Soup
- How to Make Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- Variations To Soup
- What to Serve With Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup
- How to Prep Kale for Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- Can you freeze Zuppa Toscana soup?
- How many calories are in Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana?
- More Delicious Instant Pot Recipes
Why You Will Love This Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana...
- Easy to Make
- 5 Minute Prep
- Good Source of Nutrients
- Stores Well Leftover
- Affordable compared to Ordering at Restaurant
Ingredients Needed For Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Italian Sausage
- Vegetable Stock
- Half and Half
- Italian Seasoning
How to Make Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
Pour in your stock and deglaze the pot. Followed by adding in potatoes, spice mix, and then seal and cook for 9 minutes on high pressure.
Do a quick release, add in your cream and kale, and stir letting the kale wilt a bit. Then serve up this delicious Zuppa Toscana kale soup.
Full directions and measurements are in the recipe card below.
Variations To Soup
- You can use ground beef to replace sausage if you would like.
- If you want a dairy-free soup use a dairy alternative like almond milk. It will affect the flavor a bit.
- Swap spinach leaves with the kale if you would like.
- Add in other spices and herbs to adjust the flavor if you would like.
- Use heavy cream instead of half and half for a richer flavor.
- Top with some bacon crumbles for added flavoring.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes for a kick of spice.
What to Serve With Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup
You will find that salad or breadsticks compliment this soup nicely. Or you can serve the soup up alone for a dish in one if you prefer.
How to Prep Kale for Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
Kale needs to be rinsed well in cold water. You will find even some people recommend soaking the leaves in ice water, then rinse. This helps to remove any debris and dirt on the leaves.
Cut the stems off the kale. Then you will chop up your kale the desired size you want. Or you can buy pre-prepped kale to save time on prep for this soup.
Can you freeze Zuppa Toscana soup?
This Zuppa soup can be frozen for 2-3 months. If you place in an airtight container, make sure to leave room at the top. Soup will expand as it freezes.
If you fill to the brim, you run the risk of breaking your container and making a mess in your freezer.
How many calories are in Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana?
For this particular version for 6 servings out of the soup, it is 432 calories. You are more than welcome to create more servings out of the soup to lessen the overall calorie count if you need.
Supplies for Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
More Delicious Instant Pot Recipes
- Set your Instant Pot to sauté mode. Spray your inner pot with cooking spray. Add to your pot your sausage. Brown ground beef. Once fully cooked, set aside.
- Spray your inner pot with a little bit more cooking spray. Add in your onion. Sauté your onions for about 3 to 4 minutes until they start to soften. Then add in your garlic. Sauté both onion and the garlic for an additional minute.
- Add back to your Instant Pot your sausage, potatoes, stock, and Italian seasoning.
- Lock the lid on your pressure cooker bought by twisting it closed. Push the ceiling valve away from you to lock in the pressure. Set your instant pot to High pressure for nine minutes. Once the time is up, do a quick release by pulling the valve toward you and releasing the pressure.
- Give your soup a good stir, and then add in your cream and chopped kale.
- Transfer your soup to your favorite soup bowl, add a little bit more salt and pepper to your liking, and enjoy!
Zuppa Toscana Variations
- Use homemade bone broth instead of vegetable broth.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
SEYODA Graters for Kitchen,Cheese Grater Efficient Vegetable Slicer with 3 Interchangeable Round Stainless Steel Blades,Easy to Clean Rotary Cheese Grater for Fruit,Vegetables,Nuts. (Blue)
ORBLUE Garlic Press [Premium], Stainless Steel Mincer, Crusher & Peeler Set - Professional Grade, Easy Clean, Dishwasher Safe & Rust-proof
Instant Pot Ceramic Non Stick Interior Coated Inner Cooking Pot 8 Quart
Twist Top Food Deli Containers Screw And Seal Lid 16 Oz Stackable Reusable Plastic Storage Container 12 Pack, GREAT QUALITY
YYP Silicone Ladle Spoon, Heat-Resistant Silicone Soup Ladle, Ergonomic Wooden Handle Comfortable Non-Slip Durable, Non-Stick Serving Spoon Suitable for Home & Kitchen, Cooking, Making Soup 12.4 Inch
Johnsonville Mild Italian Ground Sausage, 16 oz (Frozen)
Amount Per Serving Calories 432Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 62mgSodium 1437mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 4gSugar 5gProtein 16g
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!