I'm head over heels about the flavor of this Instant Pot Wild Rice Pilaf. Not only is it the best Instant Pot Wild Rice recipe, but it's literally crazy easy to make as well. If you're looking for ways to perfectly cook your rice, it's time to let your Instant Pot do all the work for you.
I like to serve this recipe with Instant Pot Chicken and Green Beans.
Table of contents
- Instant Pot Wild Rice Pilaf
- Kitchen Supplies We Used to Make Instant Pot Wild Rice
- How long does it take to cook wild rice?
- Tips For Making This Instant Pot Wild Rice Pilaf recipe
- Try These Other Instant Pot Rice Recipes You Might Like
Instant Pot Wild Rice Pilaf
When it comes to flavor, you can't miss out on this side dish. In fact, I often call it a side dish but you can easily enjoy this for your main meal as well. If you're ready to fill your tummy with a hearty recipe, this Instant Pot Wild Rice recipe is one you're going to love.
Not only is the taste great, but the presentation is really cool as well. A giant bowl of this paired up with a slice of toast sounds like a great way to kick up my feet and enjoy a simple, yet wonderful meal.
What is the difference between white rice and rice pilaf?
You might notice looking at the pictures that there is quite a visual difference between the two. This is because while they're both rice, they're actually cooked quite differently. They also taste very different, too.
White rice is typically very bland and often boiled. It's used mainly as an accompaniment to other dishes or some people eat it with butter and salt.
Rice pilaf is a rice that is cooked with oils, seasonings, and sometimes added in veggies and other food items so the end taste and look is very, very different than white rice.
Which rice will reduce weight?
There's actually a misconception that rice is bad for you. If you add in healthy ingredients and even use brown rice, it can be a great benefit to feeling full and helping to keep the weight off. Brown rice also has fiber in it which can help to speed up your metabolism as well.
Kitchen Supplies We Used to Make Instant Pot Wild Rice
- White Instant Pot Duo | This is my favorite Instant Pot to use because it's so simple and I LOVE how it looks.
- Non-stick inner pot | This is a must when you're cooking rice or other foods that might stick. Who wants to spend all their time cleaning after having a belly full of good food?
- Wooden spoon set | Wooden spoons are great to scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot and not having to worry about damaging it in the process.
How do you know when rice is overcooked?
The biggest way that you're going to be able to tell that rice is overcooked is that it's going to be mushy and clump together. However, with this type of rice and by using your Instant Pot, it's highly unlikely that you'll actually overcook the rice.
How long does it take to cook wild rice?
Total cooking time for this simple rice recipe will take about 20 minutes in the Instant Pot plus a few additional minutes for releasing the pressure.
Tips For Making This Instant Pot Wild Rice Pilaf recipe
The biggest thing to remember is that use your best judgment to add in more seasonings and spices.
Also, don't forget to use a fork to fluff up the rice and make it spread apart easier. I do this right before I'm getting ready to serve it.