A super easy and incredibly delicious white bean chicken chili recipe that will tingle your taste buds!
Whether it is a cold winter night where you're looking for some comfort food to dig into, or are just trying your hands at yet another way to put that instant pot to use, we have you covered!
Our base easy white chicken chili recipe doesn't start off with cream cheese, but you could easily add it in at the end (we have!) to make this a cream cheese chicken chili recipe or crack chili.
Spicy white chicken chili recipe Instant Pot directions are easy to follow, and you'll end up with a delicious and creamy white chicken chili recipe everyone will rave about. You could also make this a Ninja Foodi chili!
Pressure cooker recipes like this white chicken chili recipe, Irish beef stew, and many other favorite recipes make meal prep a breeze.
Table of contents
- Healthy White Chicken Chili
- Ingredients For the White Bean Chicken Chili
- Directions for White Chicken Chili Instant Pot Recipe
- What is Crack Chili?
- Instant Pot Supplies to Have on Hand
- Health Benefits of White Beans
- White Chicken Chili Calories
- More Great Recipes to Try
- Can I Change This Recipe Into a Slow Cooker White Chilli Recipe?
- Recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Chili Verde
Healthy White Chicken Chili
Here's a healthy and different take on chili. This version packs in the goodness and nutrition of white beans and chicken, and is loaded with flavor and deliciousness.
Plus, it is so simple, you'll find yourself making it again and again. Go give it a try- it is ready in under 30 minutes!
You might also want to double the recipe and put a couple of servings aside to enjoy later. We often do this and have a big dish of white bean chili in the freezer on hand to cook up on a busy weeknight. It's been a lifesaver in a crunch.
Ingredients For the White Bean Chicken Chili
- rotisserie chicken
- red onion
- navy beans
- canned corn
- diced green chilies
- chicken broth
- white chicken chili seasoning
- cream cheese, optional
White Chicken Chili Cooking Supplies
- Non-stick ceramic inner pot for the Instant Pot. This works great for preventing food from sticking and makes clean up so easy.
- We love this silicone ladle for using with the Instant Pot. It is perfect to use and won't leave a scratch.
- Don't forget a handy ladle spoon rest instead of reaching for a saucer or plate to catch ladle drippings. This one fits right on our stovetop, but also looks great sitting to the side of a gas cooking range.
Directions for White Chicken Chili Instant Pot Recipe
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili recipe is easy to make and is a shredded chicken chili. This recipe uses rotisserie chicken breast, but you could also use refrigerated or frozen chicken breast or chicken thighs, cook those up in the Instant Pot, and then add the chicken to the pot. Learn how to cook frozen chicken in the Instant Pot.
Steps to Make Instant Pot Green Chili
Turn your Instant Pot to saute. Place the shredded chicken, onions, and jalapenos into the pressure cooker.
Cook until the onion turns translucent. Pour in the white beans, corn, green chilies, and the broth. Then stir in the white chili powder seasonings.
Close the pressure cooker lid and set the valve to a sealing position. Cook on manual setting for 15 minutes, followed by a quick pressure release.
Stir and serve. You can also garnish this with some sliced jalapenos and grated cheese.
What is Crack Chili?
Or, make it a crack chicken chili when you add cream cheese to the chili. White chicken chili with cream cheese is often referred to as crack chili.
Crack chicken is a common recipe that involves chicken, cream cheese, and a seasoning mix... normally ranch seasoning. You could easily add a pack of ranch seasoning into this recipe as well as cream cheese to really take your chili up a notch. There are so many possibilities!
This easy chili recipe is great to try out when you don't have ground beef, but still want to enjoy a comforting meal that doesn't take too long to prep and cook.
Instant Pot Supplies to Have on Hand
- Kitchen Scale- A kitchen scale is a must to have for so many recipes in order to have accurate measurements. This is something that is often overlooked in recipes.
- Meat Thermometer- Having a meat thermometer is essential. I have gone through so many 'inexpensive' thermometers that I finally invested in a heavy duty digital thermometer from BBQ guys. It was so worth it!
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Health Benefits of White Beans
Plus, with the protein punch (and creaminess) of white beans added into the mix, and a flavorful chicken base, you just can't go wrong!
In fact, white beans (also commonly known as cannellini beans), contain a ton of B vitamins and many other minerals including potassium, zinc, iron etc, making this chili recipe a super healthy variant as opposed to the regular chili too!
Pro Tip: If you're looking for ways to include more of these white beans in your meals, you can consider adding them to your pastas, soups and stews.
They have a deliciously creamy and nutty flavor and are super versatile too. In fact, you can also boil and drain them and add them to your salads to give them an extra element of protein.
You could also use dried beans in this recipe, but you would want to allow time for pressure cooking the beans beforehand including natural release time for the pressure.
White Chicken Chili Calories
Our white bean chicken chili Instant Pot recipe has chicken, corn, chili seasoning, and diced green onions in it. Based on 6 servings, it has 281 calories per serving.
Remember, if you add cream cheese at the end, or extra toppings like cheese and sour cream, that will change the number of calories in this healthy white chicken chilli recipe.
You could also add in a little lime juice at the end of the cooking time and stir that in.
Love how easy it is to make this version of chili? How about trying your hands on another version- the classic one that's made from scratch? Here's the recipe for Instant Pot Chili with Ground Beef and Homemade Chili Seasoning to get you started!
More Great Recipes to Try
- Is Greek Yogurt Keto? What You Need to Know.
- Cayenne & Rosemary Chicken - Instant Pot Chicken Legs Recipe
- How to Make Beef Stew in the Slow Cooker or Crockpot
- Instant Pot Turkey Roast - Turkey Breast Meat
- Instant Pot Carrots - Easy Side Dish Recipe
Gave it a try? Don't forget to share this awesome recipe on your social media and spread the love!
Can I Change This Recipe Into a Slow Cooker White Chilli Recipe?
Yes, you can use the Instant Pot White Chili ingredients and cook it up in a slow cooker. Simply add in all the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
You could also cook it in a dutch oven and simmer on the stovetop for 30-60 minutes.
Any way you cook it, this is the best white chicken chili recipe.