Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. I might receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
If you love cheesecake, you have to try this Instant Pot Twix Cheesecake! It is a simple cheesecake recipe, that gets topped with a homemade chocolate ganache and caramel that transforms this cheesecake into a Twix inspired dessert.
You will truly enjoy this pressure cooker cheesecake, as it stands out from the rest. With the Twix candies in the cheesecake filling, to all the decadent toppings.
Instant Pot Twix Cheesecake
Whether you want to make a cheesecake for a birthday party or holiday gathering this dessert will steal the highlight of the night.
Crust | For this recipe I used a classic graham cracker crust. If you wanted you could easily swap it with a shortbread cookie style crust.
Cheesecake Filling | Make a classic cheesecake filling and then add in your chopped candy bar. This is going to really help give you that Twix flavor in every bite.
Topping | Chocolate ganache, caramel, and chopped candy bars add flavor but also a gorgeous presentation to the cheesecake.
How Long Does Cheesecake Last
Cheesecake needs to be stored in the refrigerator or it will spoil. You never want to leave it out for longer than 2 hours at a time.
Your Twix cheesecake can store in the fridge for 4-7 days. It is, of course, best when eaten in the first few days of being made.
Can You Freeze Cheesecake
You indeed can freeze cheesecake. Just use the proper storage container to help your cheesecake from getting freezer burned. Then store for around three months in the freezer.
Then when you want a slice, let it thaw on the counter or in the fridge overnight. What I like to do is pre-slice my Instant Pot Twix cheesecake before freezing. Then place wax paper in between each slice, so if I want one, I can easily remove one slice and not have to thaw the whole cheesecake.
Could I Use Peanut Butter Twix
If you want a peanut butter Twix to go right ahead. Instead of the caramel sauce on top, you could melt peanut butter and drizzle over the top if you would like. It would taste just as good in my opinion!
- 7-inch springform pan |This is the standard size and type of springform pan that most Instant Pot cheesecake recipes call for.
- Round parchment paper | Use parchment paper to line the bottom of the pan when preparing any recipe. It makes clean up a breeze and prevents recipes from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Heart spoon | One of our favorite kitchen utensils, this spoon is a fun addition to the kitchen.
- Medium-sized bowl | We have several glass mixing bowls, and they are an essential kitchen supply.
- Sling | This sling/trivet is an essential Instant Pot accessory when making cheesecakes, cakes, or any type of pot in pot recipe.
- Fat Daddio's 6-inch push pan | This is our favorite cheesecake push pan. Use it in this Twix cheesecake recipe by increasing the cooking time (check the notes in the recipe card below).
- Fat Daddio's 6-inch spring form pan | Like the push pan listed above, this pan will result in a taller, more professional bakery style cheesecake. However, instead of pushing the cheesecake up and out of the pan, this pan has a spring on it, so the cheesecake pan bottom releases easily from the sides of the pan.
Why Did My Cheesecake Crack
One big thing I see often is the question of why your cheesecake cracked. Over-mixing once you add in the eggs, overcooking, etc all can be the cause. The biggest thing to do is to make sure to not overmix once you stir in the eggs.
Also tapping the pan gently on the counter can help pull out any air bubbles trapped, and can help prevent cracking once you go to cook it.
Just remember even if it cracks, your cheesecake is still good, and the toppings will hide any imperfections. No one even has to know!
Want More Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
- Christmas Cheesecake | A red and white cheesecake that is both festive and delicious.
- Dulce De Leche Cheesecake Bites | Use a silicone egg bites mold to whip up this fun bite sized cheesecake dessert.
- Berry Cheesecake | This is a gluten free cheesecake made with no processed sugars. You can use the gluten free cheesecake crust in any of our many cheesecake recipes.
- Apple Crumb Cheesecake | Craving a cheesecake with an apple pie filling top? This cheesecake takes the cake.
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake | If you like peanut butter, this Cheesecake Factory inspired peanut butter cheesecake will make your day.
How To Know When Instant Pot Cheesecake Is Done
You will want to gently tap at your cheesecake. It will only jiggle a little bit in the center of the pan. You want an internal temperature of 145 degrees. If it is not fully done, cover and cook for another 5 minutes or so in the pressure cooker.
With Instant Pot cheesecakes, you do have to allow your cheesecake to fully set up overnight. It will take awhile for it to chill down and then fully set up. So don't skip that step.
Ingredients for Cheesecake Crust
- 1 ¼ cups crushed graham crackers or graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Cheesecake filling recipe
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped Twix candy bars
Chocolate ganache topping:
- ¾ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
Cheesecake topping ingredients:
- ¾ cups chopped Twix candy bars
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter until the crumbs are moist.
- Using a 7-inch springform pan, add crumb mixture to the bottom. It is helpful to line the bottom of the pan with round parchment paper and spraying with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the crumbs out evenly and then use the bottom of a glass cup to press the crumbs down and to the side (see photo).
- Place in the freezer while making the cheesecake filling.
- Place softened cream cheese in a large bowl (if cream cheese is hard, you can microwave for 30 seconds). Using a hand mixer, beat on medium speed for 20 seconds. Add sugar, beat until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg until combined. Add sour cream, beat until combined. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides and beat for 20 more seconds.
- Add 1 cup chopped Twix bars to the classic cheesecake filling, and a use spatula to fold into the filling.
- Remove crust from the fridge, then pour the cheesecake batter into the pan until it’s ¾ full.
- Using at least a 6qt instant pot, add 1 ½ cups water to the pot. Place a removable rack into the instant pot, and place cheesecake in the springform pan on top of the rack (see photo). I typically use this sling/trivet.
- Close the lid of the Instant pot and move the valve to the sealed position.
- Set pressure to manual or high. Set the timer for 23 minutes.
- After the time is up, let the pressure release naturally (do not flip the valve) for 15 minutes. Then, flip the valve to release the remaining pressure and carefully remove the lid.
- Use a paper towel to dab the top of the cheesecake if there is any accumulated moisture on the top. Allow the cheesecake to cool on the counter for at least 1 hour. Place cheesecake into the fridge for at least 8 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge. Run a sharp knife around the outside of the cheesecake (between the cake and the springform pan) to loosen from the pan. Carefully unlock the springform pan and slide the base of the pan with the cheesecake away from the sides. Set aside.
- Make ganache topping: Add chocolate chips and heavy cream in a small/medium microwave safe bowl. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds, remove and mix with a fork or whisk, then add back to the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and mix. The chocolate should be smooth, if not, microwave another 10 seconds and stir, continuing until melted (do not overcook). Set aside.
- Place cheesecake on a cake stand or serving dish.
- Add half of the ganache topping and spread over the top. Add more as needed.
- Add chopped Twix candy bars to the center of the top of the cheesecake. Drizzle caramel sauce over the top of the cake. Drizzle additional ganache topping over the top if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 807Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 416mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 2gSugar: 62gProtein: 10g