If you love cheesecake, you have to try this Instant Pot Twix Cheesecake! It is a simple cheesecake recipe, that gets topped with a homemade chocolate ganache and caramel that transforms this cheesecake into a Twix inspired dessert.
You will truly enjoy this pressure cooker cheesecake, as it stands out from the rest. With the Twix candies in the cheesecake filling, to all the decadent toppings.
Table of contents
- Instant Pot Twix Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Ingredients
- How Long Does Cheesecake Last
- Can You Freeze Cheesecake
- Could I Use Peanut Butter Twix
- Best Cheesecake Pan To Use
- How to remove cheesecake from Springform Pan
- Recipe Variations
- Why Did My Cheesecake Crack
- Want More Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
- How To Know When Instant Pot Cheesecake Is Done
- Why does it take so long for the cheesecake to set up?
- Will my cheesecake set if its runny?
- What happens if you over mix cheesecake?
Instant Pot Twix Cheesecake
Whether you want to make a cheesecake for a birthday party or holiday gathering this dessert will steal the highlight of the night.
Crust | For this recipe I used a classic graham cracker crust. If you wanted you could easily swap it with a shortbread cookie style crust.
Cheesecake Filling | Make a classic cheesecake filling and then add in your chopped candy bar. This is going to really help give you that Twix flavor in every bite.
Topping | Chocolate ganache, caramel, and chopped candy bars add flavor but also a gorgeous presentation to the cheesecake.
How Long Does Cheesecake Last
Cheesecake needs to be stored in the refrigerator or it will spoil. You never want to leave it out for longer than 2 hours at a time.
Your Twix cheesecake can store in the fridge for 4-7 days. It is, of course, best when eaten in the first few days of being made.
Can You Freeze Cheesecake
You indeed can freeze cheesecake. Just use the proper storage container to help your cheesecake from getting freezer burned. Then store for around three months in the freezer.
Then when you want a slice, let it thaw on the counter or in the fridge overnight. What I like to do is pre-slice my Instant Pot Twix cheesecake before freezing. Then place wax paper in between each slice, so if I want one, I can easily remove one slice and not have to thaw the whole cheesecake.
Could I Use Peanut Butter Twix
If you want a peanut butter Twix to go right ahead. Instead of the caramel sauce on top, you could melt peanut butter and drizzle over the top if you would like. It would taste just as good in my opinion!
- 7-inch springform pan |This is the standard size and type of springform pan that most Instant Pot cheesecake recipes call for. I linked to the best springform pan I recommend using.
- Round parchment paper | Use parchment paper to line the bottom of the pan when preparing any recipe. It makes clean up a breeze and prevents recipes from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Heart spoon | One of our favorite kitchen utensils, this spoon is a fun addition to the kitchen.
- Medium-sized bowl | We have several glass mixing bowls, and they are an essential kitchen supply.
- Sling | This sling/trivet is an essential Instant Pot accessory when making cheesecakes, cakes, or any type of pot in pot recipe.
- Fat Daddio's 6-inch push pan | This is our favorite cheesecake push pan. Use it in this Twix cheesecake recipe by increasing the cooking time (check the notes in the recipe card below).
- Fat Daddio's 6-inch springform pan | Like the push pan listed above, this pan will result in a taller, more professional bakery-style cheesecake. However, instead of pushing the cheesecake up and out of the pan, this pan has a spring on it, so the cheesecake pan bottom releases easily from the sides of the pan.
Best Cheesecake Pan To Use
When it comes to making cheesecake pans, springform cake pan and push pans are the two most popular options. Using a springform pan allows you to remove the edge to showcase your Twix cheesecake.
Now you could use a deep cake pan if you want to make a cheesecake without a springform pan. You will not be able to remove your cheesecake from the pan like you do a push or springorm style.
How to remove cheesecake from Springform Pan
The first step is to make sure your cheesecake is completely cooled and firm. Otherwise you will have a mess on your hands. Make sure to refrigerate your cheesecake overnight.
Remove the band from the pan carefully. Try not to be rough with your pan, or you could end up breaking up your cheesecake.
Use a knife or spatula to run along the edges of the cheesecake to break away any pieces stuck on the side.
Carefully lift the edge of the pan up to then showcase your cheesecake. If you find that pieces are a little messed up, you can fix them with your fingers or have the toppings hide the imperfections.
Want to change up this Twix cheesecake recipe? Here are a few ideas to change things around. I will share candy bar cheesecake recipe ideas and more.
Snickers Cheesecake Recipe - Swap the Twix with Snickers and make this a fun nutty and chocolate cheesecake.
Layered Cheesecake - You could add a layer of Twix candy bar crumbles on top of the graham cracker crust or even a thin layer of caramel. Then top with the cheesecake batter to form a layered take.
Butterfinger Cheesecake Recipe - To make this version crumble up butterfingers instead. Then mix it in and pour the same way.
Cheesecake Candy - Essentially you can use all types of candy to transform your cheesecake.
Crust - There are tons of ways to change up the crust. Use crushed Oreos, opt for an almond flour crust if you are gluten-free and more.
Why Did My Cheesecake Crack
One big thing I see often is the question of why your cheesecake cracked. Over-mixing once you add in the eggs, overcooking, etc all can be the cause. The biggest thing to do is to make sure to not overmix once you stir in the eggs.
Also tapping the pan gently on the counter can help pull out any air bubbles trapped, and can help prevent cracking once you go to cook it.
Just remember even if it cracks, your cheesecake is still good, and the toppings will hide any imperfections. No one even has to know!
Want More Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
- Christmas Cheesecake | A red and white cheesecake that is both festive and delicious.
- Dulce De Leche Cheesecake Bites | Use a silicone egg bites mold to whip up this fun bite sized cheesecake dessert.
- Berry Cheesecake | This is a gluten free cheesecake made with no processed sugars. You can use the gluten free cheesecake crust in any of our many cheesecake recipes.
- Apple Crumb Cheesecake | Craving a cheesecake with an apple pie filling top? This cheesecake takes the cake.
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake | If you like peanut butter, this Cheesecake Factory inspired peanut butter cheesecake will make your day.
How To Know When Instant Pot Cheesecake Is Done
You will want to gently tap at your cheesecake. It will only jiggle a little bit in the center of the pan. You want an internal temperature of 145 degrees. If it is not fully done, cover and cook for another 5 minutes or so in the pressure cooker.
With Instant Pot cheesecakes, you do have to allow your cheesecake to fully set up overnight. It will take awhile for it to chill down and then fully set up. So don't skip that step.
Why does it take so long for the cheesecake to set up?
Cheesecake is like a delicate custard dessert, and it takes time for your dessert to form up after the pressure and heat it was under.
If you rush your cheesecake, it will not be the texture you want, and it can fall apart a bit. The one thing I have learned over the years is you can't rush perfection.
Make sure to allow your cheesecake to fully set up.
Will my cheesecake set if its runny?
Your cheesecake needs to be only slightly jiggly in the center of the pan, in a 2 inch size area. If you find your cheesecake is still runny, you need to cook it longer.
Place the aluminum foil back on, cover tightly. Then pressure cook for another 5 minute or so. Then check again.
Runny cheesecake means either it is not fully cooked or you messed up the batter. Use a thermometer to ensure the cheesecake is fully baked.
Then place cheesecake in the fridge overnight and it should set up a bit. It might not be perfectly set if it was too runny but it will help.
What happens if you over mix cheesecake?
Over mixing a batter for cheesecake can lead to air bubbles forming in the batter. Or you might remove the cheesecake and watch it fall flat.
Use room temperature ingredients not cold from the fridge. That way all the ingredients mix together well.
Beat as much as you want to cream the cream cheese and such. But when you reach mixing in the eggs, go light. This is where trouble can happen.
Take a knife and move around in the batter in the pan, to break any bubbles. You can also gently tape the cheesecake for air bubbles to rise to the top.