Sharing is caring!
This recipe for an Instant Pot Turkey dinner gives you a delicious, moist and juicy whole turkey cooked in the pressure cooker that is ready to serve in less than 1 hour!
As soon as fall arrives I start to think about the Thanksgiving meal. Menu planning, researching recipes, designing my table decor, I love it all!
But the one thing that can put a damper on the festivities and strike fear in even the most experienced cooks is making the Thanksgiving turkey.
Why You'll Love Instant Pot Turkey
It is so fast! It may be hard to believe you can have a fully cooked turkey in less than 1 hour, but it's true! Thanks to the wonder that is the Instant Pot, you can forget getting up at the crack of dawn to get the turkey in the oven.
Pressure cooker turkey lets you free up that precious oven space, which is always in high demand on Thanksgiving day.
You can just set it and then forget it! No basting, no constant checking, no tenting the turkey with foil. Since the Instant Pot does all the work, you can simply kick back and relax.
How To Make
Step #1: Add water, celery, carrots, onion and garlic cloves to the Instant Pot inner pot.
Step #2: Next, place a trivet rack on top of vegetables in the Instant Pot.
Step #3: Set the turkey on top of the trivet rack, close the pressure cooker lid and turn pressure valve to seal.
Then cook on manual high pressure for 6 minutes PER POUND. For an 8 pound turkey like the one shown here, set the cook time to 48 minutes.
Step #4: Allow for a natural pressure for 10 minutes, and then let out the remaining pressure. If desired, transfer to broiler pan and broil for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on top. Then serve and enjoy!
More Thanksgiving Recipes
If you love making this recipe, then you'll have to try these other amazing, perfect for Thanksgiving recipes:
- Parmesan Green Beans Recipe
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Pecan Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Collard Greens
Supplies to make the Best Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe:
- Instant Pot DUO
- Measuring Cups
- Spoon Rest
- Wooden Spoon
- Kitchen Knife
- Cutting Board
- Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder
Ingredients for an easy Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe:
- Add water, celery, carrots, onion and garlic cloves to Instant Pot inner pot.
- Place trivet rack on top of vegetables in the Instant Pot.
- Set the turkey on top of the trivet rack, close the instant pot lid, and turn pressure valve to seal. Cook on manual high pressure for 6 minutes PER POUND. For an 8 pound turkey, like the one shown here, set the cook time to 48 minutes.
- Allow for a natural pressure for 10 minutes, and then let out the remaining pressure.
- If desired, transfer to broiler pan and broil for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Suggestions for the best Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe.
- Depending on the size of your Instant Pot, a 5- to 8-pound brisket should fit well in a 5-quart or larger Pot Just make sure the height of the meat is below the top of the basket before you begin.
- The time will vary depending on the size of your Turkey breast, to ensure that it is cooked perfectly, I recommend using an instant-read thermometer to test the internal temperature.
- If the breast of Turkey is frozen, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator.
- Can my dog have Thanksgiving Turkey? The answer is yes, your dog can have Turkey and the vegetables of this recipe, just avoid giving the onions or garlic, these could be dangerous for them.
- Can my cat have Thanksgiving Turkey? Yes, your cat would love to have Thanksgiving Turkey, and maybe some of the vegetables, but please avoid giving the onions or the garlic, any of these can be poisonous or harm your cat's digestive system.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Warmer & Sterilizer, Includes Free App with over 1900 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 6 Quart
Simply Gourmet Measuring Cups and Spoons Set of 12 Stainless Steel for Cooking & Baking
Modern Silicone Spoon Rests (Set of 3) | Kitchen Utensil Holders | Quality Material | BPA Free | Counter Spatula Holder | Stovetop Spoon Rest
Wooden Spoons for Cooking,Nonstick Kitchen Utensil Set,Wooden Spoons Cooking Utensil Set Non Scratch Natural Teak Wooden Utensils for Cooking(Teak 8 Pack)
enowo Chef Knife Ultra Sharp Kitchen Knife Set 3 PCS,Premium German Stainless Steel Knife with Finger Guard Clad Dimple,Ergonomic Handle and Gift Box
Large Organic Bamboo Cutting Board For Kitchen, With 3 Built-In Compartments And Juice Grooves, Heavy Duty Chopping Board For Meats Bread Fruits, Butcher Block, Carving Board, BPA Free…
Latent Epicure Battery Operated Salt and Pepper Grinder Set (Pack of 2 Mills) - Complimentary Mill Rest | Bright Light | Adjustable Coarseness |
Amount Per Serving Calories 582Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 330mgSodium 328mgCarbohydrates 3gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 1gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 87g
- Gouda Cheese Omelet
- Stop the Scorch: How to Stop Pressure Cooker Burning on Bottom
- Top 5 Canning Pressure Cooker Models of 2024: An Expert's Review
- Crockpot Casseroles with Ground Beef
- How Many Ounces Are in a Barrel of Beer?
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!