Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Juicy, moist, and flavorful is what you get with this Instant Pot Turkey Breast recipe. Learn how to cook a turkey breast in Instant Pot!
Fresh herbs help to season your turkey breast perfectly. Whip up a frozen turkey breast in the Instant Pot in a fraction of the time.
Instant Pot Turkey Breast Recipe
35 minutes is all it takes to cook your Instant Pot turkey. You follow that with a natural release which will help lock in your moisture for the ultimate juicy bird.
Essential Instant Pot Tools
- Instant Pot Pot-in-Pot – This pan is essential when cooking recipes that might stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Sling– You’ll want to have a sling when you use the pot-in-pot method, like when you make cheesecake.
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– This book comes in handy when you’re learning how to use your Instant Pot and experimenting with new recipes.
How To Cook Turkey Breast In Instant Pot
This recipe couldn’t get any easier. Place your liquid and turkey into your pot in the pressure cooker. Add your other ingredients.
Close the lid and cook on high pressure as directed, and do a natural release. This will help ensure your breast is juicy and fork-tender.
What to Serve With Turkey Breast
- Instant Pot Cheesy Brussels Sprouts | This is one of my favorite side dishes. Whip these up for the ultimate side to your turkey.
- The Best Sweet Potatoes | Yes you can make sweet potatoes right in your Instant Pot! Whip these up for a tender and flavorful potato ready to pile on your favorite toppings.
- Veggie Side Dish or Casseroles
- Dinner Rolls
- Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Baked Beans | Whip these up for a tasty side dish. I love baked beans and turkey, it is a dynamic duo of flavors.
You can truly pair this turkey with any of your favorite sides. Whether you make this for the holidays or just a normal everyday weeknight meal.
What Size of Turkey Breast To Buy For Instant Pot
Depending on the size of your Instant Pot you might be wondering what size of turkey breast will fit into your Instant Pot. Use this as a rough guide to kind of help you know what size of breast to buy.
- For 6 quart | 5-6 pounds bone-in and 6-7 boneless
- For 8 quart | 7-8 pounds bone-in and 8-9 bonless
If you use an 8 quart you will want to use 2 cups of water instead of one to ensure it comes to pressure as well. That is a basic guide of liquid needed.
How To Store Leftover Turkey Breast
You can take any leftovers you have and place it in an airtight container for up to three days in the refrigerator.
Or if you don’t plan to eat it all at once, you can opt to freeze some of your leftover meat. Place in a freezer bag or vacuum-sealed bag and store it in the freezer.
Best Way To Reheat Turkey Breast
Turkey breast is notorious for drying out. So you will want to add a little liquid with the meat as you reheat it. Whether you opt for the microwave for a quick reheat or oven.
For a skillet add a little water or broth with your meat and heat it up slowly. The liquid will soak in a bit helping to keep the meat moist.
If you warm the turkey up in the oven, make sure to cover with foil to prevent it from drying out.
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below. While you’re at it, share a picture on Instagram with #apressurecookerrecipe so we can see how your recipe turned out!
- 7-8 pounds turkey breast
- 1 cup water
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 lemon
- Set turkey breast on trivet in inner pot. Combine remaining ingredients in inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Close the instant pot lid and turn pressure valve to seal. Cook on manual high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Allow for a natural pressure.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 677 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 363mg Sodium: 451mg Carbohydrates: 3g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 137g