Sharing is caring!
Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken is a sweet and savory weeknight dinner that is the perfect Instant Pot chicken recipe to whip up. Learn how to make chicken teriyaki today.
Serve your teriyaki chicken over a bed of rice and serve up dinner in no time. This is the perfect way to use up some boneless chicken thighs.
Table of contents
Skip takeout and make your favorite chicken teriyaki at home. This recipe is crazy simple, loads of flavor and you might even have leftovers.
Why Make Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken At Home...
- Tastes Better Than Restaurants
- Delicious Flavor
- Quick Cooking
- Leftovers Reheat Nicely
- Family Friendly
- Sesame Oil
- Boneless Chicken
- Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
How to Make
Now add in the water and use a wooden spoon to deglaze your pot.
Add in your next 5 ingredients and pressure cook as directed, and then allow for a 10 minute natural release.
Open the lid and mix up the cornstarch slurry and stir in to thicken the mixture.
Serve over a bed of rice!
What To Serve With Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki
- Rice - White, Jasmine or Basmati rice is great
- Steamed Veggies
- Cauliflower rice
- Zucchini Noodles
Feel free to mix and match with any of your favorite side dishes. It is very versatile and will compliment most of the items you pair next to it.
How To Store Leftovers
With any protein-based dish you will want to store it for up to three days in the fridge. Placing in an airtight container is a great way to preserve your chicken and ensure it doesn't soak up other odors in the fridge.
You can then reheat it in the microwave for a quick reheat or a pan on the stove on low heat. If you do a higher heat you could burn the sauce on the chicken.
If you want to freeze your leftovers, it can store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just freeze in a freezer bag or airtight container.
Then thaw in the fridge overnight, or warm it up straight from being frozen.
Tips And Variations
- Make sure to cut your meat in similar size pieces for an even cook.
- Any boneless chicken works for this recipe.
- You can add in red peppers, bell peppers, and even onions at the end to help add more flavor. Or even try adding on some broccoli florets.
- If you are watching salt, do a lower-sodium soy sauce.
- Swap honey with agave if you would like.
Yes, you can use any cut of boneless chicken for this recipe. You will just slice it up and then cook as directed in the recipe card below.
I tend to find that dark meat offers a bit more flavor to the dish, but I have done all chicken breasts before and it turns out amazing as well.
The teriyaki sauce really flavors this dish amazing.
If you use a gluten free soy sauce yes, it can be gluten free. All the other ingredients are naturally gluten free.
Due to the sodium of this and higher calories, you will find it is not the best thing to feed your dog. If you give your dog some, just do a little, as it has no nutritional value.
You can cut your chicken and ensure it is no longer pink and if you squeeze it the juice runs clear. The other way to know for sure that chicken is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer and ensure the thermometer reads 165 degrees internally.
Turning the saute mode on once you are done cooking, allows the pot to get nice and hot. Mix cornstarch and water together, and then stir it into the hot mixture.
It will almost instantly thicken, giving you a super thick and creamy sauce that sticks perfectly to the chicken.
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It'll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
Looking for More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
If chicken is one of your favorite proteins, consider checking out one or more of these other chicken recipes you can make in your pressure cooker.
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole | A super-easy way to get all your favorite enchilada flavor all in one easy and satisfying casserole.
- Hawaiian Chicken | If you love sweets and savory you will do backflips over this pineapple chicken recipe.
- Chicken Caesar Wraps | Here is a delicious caesar chicken that you place on a tortilla with fresh tomato, lettuce, and more.
- Chicken Curry | Love curry? If you said yes I highly recommend this recipe. It is full of flavor and will taste better than your favorite restaurant.
- Instant Pot Duo
- Non-Stick Inner Cooking Pot
- Tempered Glass Lid
- Kitchen Tongs
- Mixing Bowls
- Wooden Spoon
Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- Turn Instant Pot on saute mode and wait for the pot to fully heat.
- Add in sesame oil and then add chicken to the inner pot.
- Cook chicken until no longer pink.
- Add water to inner pot and delglaze the pot.
- Add the next 5 ingredients.
- Close Instant Pot and set to sealing.
- Set Instant Pot for a high pressure cooking time of 6 minutes. Allow for a natural pressure release of 10 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water (or flour and water) into a slurry. For flour slurry, add additional water if necessary to reach a thin consistency.
- Set Instant Pot back to saute and mix in slurry to thicken the sauce.
- Serve over rice.
If you don't like white rice, or if you happen to not have it on hand, you can change it for pasta or accompany it with boiled vegetables as well.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11 in 1, Electric Pressure Cooker with Air Fryer, Roast, Bake, Dehydrate, Slow Cook, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, 8 Quart, 14 One-Touch Programs
Instant Pot Ceramic Non Stick Interior Coated Inner Cooking Pot 8 Quart
Instant Pot Tempered Glass Lid, 10" Stainless Steel (8 Qt/ 8L model)
Kaluns Kitchen Tongs for Cooking, Non Stick Silicone Tip Stainless Steel Tongs, Set of Four 7,9, and 12 Inch Tong Plus Silicone Spatula Non-stick, Heat Resistant Serving Utensils
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 Piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls by Umite Chef, Measurement Marks & Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms Size 7, 3.5, 2.5, 2.0,1.5, 1QT, Great for Mixing & Serving
EasyOh 3 Pack Kitchen Whisk 8"+10"+12", Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set, Whisks for Cooking, Blending, Whisking, Beating, Stirring
Wooden Spoons for Cooking,Nonstick Kitchen Utensil Set,Wooden Spoons Cooking Utensil Set Non Scratch Natural Teak Wooden Utensils for Cooking(Teak 8 Pack)
Amount Per Serving Calories 318Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 184mgSodium 857mgCarbohydrates 14gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 10gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 38g
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!