Sharing is caring!
If you're a fan of soups, you're going to be obsessed with this Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup. It's hearty, flavorful, and packed full of some of the best ingredients for a soup recipe, ever. In fact, this just might be my favorite stuffed pepper soup in the Instant Pot that I've ever made.
With the weather starting to get a bit more chilly, it just makes sense to gather up your favorite soup recipes. And this is one that should be at the top of your list.
Make certain to check out our Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup as well for another unique soup loaded down with taste.
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
We're big fans of spicy foods and soups in our house so it just made sense to combine the two and create this stuffed pepper soup in the Instant Pot. Not only does the flavor knock it out of the park, but this soup reheats like a dream for leftovers as well.
Once we get to into the fall and winter months of the year, this Instant Pot Soup recipe is one that we make over and over again. It's such a fun flavor that seriously NEVER gets old.
Are poblano peppers hot?
They're a bit spicier than other peppers but that heat can range from mild to spicy. This is another reason why this pepper soup recipe is so much fun to make...you don't know if it's going to be mild in flavor or spicy. It all depends on the flavor of the poblano pepper!
What is equivalent to a poblano pepper?
The pepper that would be closest to a poblano pepper is a chili pepper. However, if you want to take the spice out of this soup recipe entirely, you can always use a bell pepper as well.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Topping Ideas For This Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
I think it's safe to say that toppings on soup are always a fun idea. Some of my favorite soup toppings are:
- Chopped Onions
- Shredded Cheese
- Diced Jalapenos
- French Onion Straws
- Sour Cream
And those are just a few. Anything that you like to add to your soup, do so! It's a fun way to enhance flavors and change up each bowl.
Ingredients needed for this Instant Pot Pepper Soup
The following are the simple ingredients that you'll need for this easy soup recipe.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red onion
- Poblano peppers
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Ground beef
- Beef or chicken broth
- Crushed tomatoes
- Long-grain brown rice
- Fresh parsley
Instant Pot Soup Recipe Supplies
- White Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 | This is my choice of Instant Pot because I love the ease and how it looks.
- White soup bowls | I love the bright color and how versatile they are.
- Fresh cracked pepper | Fresh cracked pepper adds a whole other flavor enhancer to this dish.
Supplies for Instant Pot Soup
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 poblano peppers, diced and seeds removed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3½ cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes, keep the liquid
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain brown rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Put the olive oil into the Instant Pot and hit saute.
- Put on high and once the word hot appears, add in the red onion, Poblano peppers, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Add salt and pepper and cook, stirring the whole time. The peppers need to soften which will take about 4-5 minutes of cooking.
- Put the veggies in a bowl. Add in the beef and brown for about 4 minutes. Stir every so often. Turn off the Instant Pot and drain out excess fat carefully.
- Put veggies on top of beef. Add in broth, tomatoes, and rice. Stir.
- Put on the lid, set the pressure valve to sealing. Put it on manual on high and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once done cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Then quick reliease any remaining pressure.
- Transfer to soup bowls and garnish.
Increase the liquid if you'd like a thinner soup. Garnish with parsley.
- Can my dog eat Stuffed Pepper Soup? Even though your best four-legged friend has a meat-based diet, and this is an essential ingredient in this recipe. It is not recommended for the health of your dog that you share this recipe with him. Because it contains harmful ingredients such as garlic, onion, and poblano peppers, which are highly toxic and can damage your pet's digestive system.
- Can my cat eat Stuffed Pepper Soup? I don't think your cat likes eating this soup, mainly because of the strong flavor of the poblano peppers. In addition, garlic and onion, ingredients included in this recipe, are toxic to your feline friend, so it is not recommended that your cat eat these.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 634Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 188mgSodium 536mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 61g
More Instant Pot Recipes
- How Many Ounces Are in a Barrel of Beer?
- Is Oatmeal Good for Upset Stomach? Uncovering Soothing Foods for Digestive Woes
- Crockpot Guinness Beer Pot Roast
- 15 Bean Soup Crockpot Recipe
- Can You Put Frozen Ground Turkey in Crock Pot: Safe Cooking Tips Revealed
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!