Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Stuffed bell peppers in the Instant Pot is crazy simple, and loaded with flavor. A risotto stuffed pepper and topped with freshly grated Parmesan.
This stuffed bell pepper recipe is insanely good. Loaded with tender risotto, mushrooms, onion and more.
Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers
If you are a fan of stuffed peppers, I have to recommend this recipe. It is crazy simple to make and the pressure cooker really helps infuse all the flavor in every bite.
Can I Make This Recipe Vegetarian
Of course, just use vegetable stock in replace of chicken stock. Then you have a vegetarian dish that is loaded with flavor and ready to serve up as a main dish.
How Long Does This Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe Take To Cook
This takes roughly 30 minutes in total to do, from prep to cooking. You also have to add in time for your pressure cooker to reach pressure.
Now, depending on your model and such it will vary how long it takes to pressurize. These
What To Serve With Risotto Stuffed Peppers
You can serve these stuffed bell peppers as a main dish or side. If you do as the main dish consider adding a salad next to it. Or if it is a side dish, pair with some pork chops, meatloaf, etc.
Here are More Easy Instant Pot Recipes To Make
- Instant Pot Ranchero Beans | This bean dish is insanely flavorful. Get that slow-simmered taste in a fraction of the time.
- The Best Heirloom Potato Salad | Unlike a traditional potato salad, but full of flavor it melts in your mouth. You have to try this recipe.
- Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork Tacos | Here is a great recipe to make pulled pork tacos, that has a nice flavor kick to it.
Do Stuffed Peppers Store Well
You will find stuffed peppers are best when served warm. They will become a bit softer as they cool down in the fridge. You can reheat them in the microwave or the oven.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge. They will last 3-5 days in the fridge since they are meatless.
Here are a couple other stuffed peppers recipes that you might want to try. Slow Cooker Ground Beef Stuffed Peppers and an easy and delicious recipe. Italian Sausage and Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Peppers are also amazing.
Do I Have to Add In Mushrooms
No, you sure don’t. I find the mushrooms help add a heartier texture and flavor to these stuffed mushrooms. But if you don’t care for mushrooms, feel free to leave them out.
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below. While you’re at it, share a picture on Instagram with #apressurecookerrecipe so we can see how your recipe turned out!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups Arborio rice (risotto)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 bell peppers (any color)
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional to garnish
- 1 ½ cups water
- Add butter and oil to inner pot and turn on the saute mode.
- Add chopped onions and saute for 1-2 minutes before adding the mushrooms. Stir the mushrooms in and saute for another minute.
- Pour the rice into the inner pot and stir on saute mode for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the chicken stock a little at a time, scraping the bottom of the pot.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers, and remove the seeds. Arrange peppers in a pan that will fit in the inner pot.
- Pour water into the inner pot, and then add the trivet to the pot.
- Scoop risotto mixture into the peppers. It will have a lot of liquid in it. Add any extra mixture to additional peppers, to the pan the peppers are in, or to an extra pan.
- Lower the pan with the peppers into the Instant Pot with a sling.
- Set the pressure valve to sealing, and then set for a manual high pressure time of 5 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking time, allow for a quick pressure release.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 33mg Sodium: 621mg Carbohydrates: 48g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 8g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 14g