How about a banana split for breakfast? It may sound a little crazy, but when you make Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats – Banana Split Oatmeal, you’ll feel like you’re indulging in a tasty dessert.
The classic banana split flavors in this recipe make hearty and healthy steel cut oats feel more like a decadent treat than a good-for-you way to start your day, thanks to ingredients like:
- vanilla almond milk
- chocolate chips
- steel cut oats
- whipped cream
The benefit of Making Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
Cooking steel cut oats on the stovetop requires approximately 30-40 minutes of hands-on time. But with the Instant Pot, it’s done in only 4 minutes of cooking time. And, all you need to do is put the ingredients in the pot, set it, and walk away!
One Tip for Cooking Steel Cut Oats in a Pressure Cooker
While cooking steel cut oats in the Instant Pot is easy, it can leave behind stubborn stains and build-up.
Use a ceramic nonstick inner liner pot in your Instant Pot when cooking steel cut oats and cleaning up will be a breeze!
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It’ll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
How to Make Pressure Cooker Steel Cut Oats — Banana Split Oatmeal Step-by-Step
Step #1: Combine vanilla almond milk, steel cut oats and honey in your Instant Pot inner pot.
Step #2: Set manual pressure to 4 minutes. Make sure the release valve on lid is closed (not set to vent).
Step #3: After cooking time has elapsed, perform a quick release. Open the lid and stir.
Supplies Needed to Make Pressure Cooker Oatmeal
- Instant Pot Pot-in-Pot – This pan is essential when cooking recipes that might stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Sling– You’ll want to have a sling when you use the pot-in-pot method, like when you make cheesecake.
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– This book comes in handy when you’re learning how to use your Instant Pot and experimenting with new recipes.
Step #4: Dish up into bowls, and top with sliced banana, nutella, chocolate chips, strawberries, and a touch of whipped cream. Enjoy!
More Instant Pot Oatmeal Recipes
If you like Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats — Banana Split Oatmeal, check out these other recipes:
Don’t forget to check out all our other Instant Pot Oatmeal Variations. Some of our favorites are: Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats with Strawberries and Brown Sugar, Quick Oats with various toppings, Blueberry Banana Pecan Oatmeal with Blueberry Compote and Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats Banana Split.
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below. While you’re at it, share a picture on Instagram with #apressurecookerrecipe so we can see how your recipe turned out!
- 4 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons nutella
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup bananas, sliced
- 4 strawberries
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream
- Add first 3 ingredients to Instant Pot inner pot.
- Set manual pressure to 4 minutes.
- After pressure cooking time has elapsed, do a quick release, stir and dish up into bowls.
- Top with choice of toppings and enjoy!
Add toppings over oatmeal or serve on the side.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 454 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 159mg Carbohydrates: 84g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 49g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 8g