Give this Instant Pot Steak a try for dinner tonight. A tender and perfectly seasoned steak is pressure cooked to perfection. Pressure cooker steak is crazy simple and offers a great end result.
This steak with gravy is great to pair with garlic mashed potatoes, side of veggies, crisp green salad, etc.
I love steak, but I always don't want to head outdoors and turn the grill on. Now, with your Instant Pot, you can cook steak that is tender, juicy, and full of flavor.
Skip the grill, and stay inside for a hands-off steak recipe that won't disappoint.
Why You Will Love This Instant Pot Steak...
- Simple Ingredients From Fridge and Pantry
- Quick Cooking
- Great for any cut of steak - flank steak, rib eye, KC strip, etc
- You can alter spices to adjust the flavor
- Broth or Water
- Cornstarch + Water (cornstarch slurry for gravy)
How to Make
Full directions on How to Make Instant Pot Steak are in the recipe card below. This is a quick walk-through on how to make it.
Start by patting dry your steaks, and then season them as directed. I tend to liberally season the steaks to help lock in all the flavor!
Now you will add some oil into your Instant Pot and turn the saute feature on.
You will then place steak in the Instant Pot to sear the steaks on all sides. This will create texture and lock in tons of flavor from the seasonings.
Once done, pour in your water or broth, and deglaze the pot. You need to do this to prevent the burn notice from stuck on bits.
Place trivet in the pressure cooker, and then sit the steak on the trivet.
Pressure cook the steak as directed, and then remove the steak and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
If you want to make gravy, turn the Instant Pot to saute, and sauté the onions and mushrooms. Or, sauté the onions and mushrooms on the stovetop while the steak is pressure cooking.
Then, you'll create a cornstarch slurry you stir in to the hot mixture. It will thicken, and you can pour over your steaks.
Don't plan to eat all your steak and gravy right away? No problem! Just take any leftovers and place in the proper airtight container and refrigerate for up to three days.
Then when you want to eat, reheat on the stove or in the microwave.
If you find the gravy is too thick add a splash of broth to it, to thin it up. Whisk until lumps are gone and pour over the steak.
- Skip the gravy if you don't want to serve it with a brown gravy.
- Use any cut of steak you want. This is a great flank steak recipe, rib eye steak recipe, KC strip steak, New York strip recipe, etc.
- Change up the seasonings you use to flavor the steak. Reach for your own rub recipe, or buy your favorite brand.
- Don't skip searing steak, it is what adds flavor to your meat.
- If you cook from frozen, then skip the sear, and once done, liberally season and then pan sear to lock in flavor.
- The gravy adds tons of flavor to the steak, I recommend not leaving it off.
- Add in some mushrooms or even onions to dress up the sauce.
Steak is a cut from beef. Depending on the cut you can have a boneless steak or bone-in steak. You can use steak for almost any recipe. From grilling to baking in the oven to Instant pot.
Once your steak is cooked, it is important to allow your steak to rest 5-10 minutes. This will help to ensure your steak is juicy, and tender. Otherwise, it will juice a lot when you slice, drying your steak out.
Cooking steak can be done in so many ways. One of the most popular ways is to grill or use a cast iron to cook steaks. I find that this Instant Pot steak is just as tasty, and offers a hands-off approach.
Cutting steak can be so simple to do. The key is to cut against the grain, this allows you to have that soft, tender steak you are hoping for.
What to Serve With Steak Dinner
Not sure what to serve with this Instant Pot steak? Here are some ideas for you to consider.
- Loaded Potato Salad
- Cheesy Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Parsley and Butter Potatoes
- Pea Salad
- Green Beans
If you try this Instant Pot steak let me know in the comments how you like it! Cooking steak in Instant Pot is so easy to do!