Sharing is caring!
Spaghetti and Meatballs could be served up every day of the week and we'd be happy. Seriously...we're talking about a comfort food favorite. And comfort food, well...that's our jam.
The ability to enjoy a fantastic spaghetti and meatballs dinner made all in one pot is one of our favorite things about cooking in the Instant Pot. There is a plethora of one pot meals just waiting to be made!
And this Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe? Well, it might as well be the first one you try.
Helpful Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Pot-in-Pot - This pan is essential when cooking recipes that might stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Tall Trivet Set- Use this handy too when cooking a recipe in the inner pot and second recipe (or part of a recipe, like rice) utilizing the pot-in-pot method
- Sling- You'll want to have a sling when you use the pot-in-pot method, like when you make cheesecake.
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- This book comes in handy when you're learning how to use your Instant Pot and experimenting with new recipes.
Make it a one pot meal tonight!
Whether you're making meatballs and pasta or one of our other favorite Instant Pot meals, you'll be putting a dinner on the table that is just right for a healthy diet.
Here are some of our favorite Instant Pot recipes.
- How Many Ounces Are in a Barrel of Beer?
- Is Oatmeal Good for Upset Stomach? Uncovering Soothing Foods for Digestive Woes
- Crockpot Guinness Beer Pot Roast
- 15 Bean Soup Crockpot Recipe
- Can You Put Frozen Ground Turkey in Crock Pot: Safe Cooking Tips Revealed
You're going to love this Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe. Yum!
- Instant Pot Duo
- Non-Stick Inner Cooking Pot
- Tempered Glass Lid
- Ice Cream Scoop
- or a Meatball Maker
- Spaghetti Servers
- Wooden Spoon
- Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder
- Food Chopper
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic or garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (or less if you prefer)
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 1 egg
- ½ pound dry, uncooked spaghetti
- 1 67 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- Mix ground meat, dry seasoning and egg well. Use a small ice cream scoop to make evenly sized meatballs.
- Set pressure cooker to sauté mode. Once hot, add oil and garlic.
- Add meatballs in one layer. Turn over meatballs to brown evenly. Remove meatballs. Set aside. Continue working in batches until all meatballs are browned. Note: They don’t have to be fully cooked as they will be cooked further later on.
- Add water to cooker, scraping bottom to release browned bits. Add about ½ cup of spaghetti sauce to the water. Mix well.
- Add uncooked spaghetti to pot. Add water until spaghetti is covered. Cook on high pressure at 4-5 minutes.
- Quick release, remove cooked spaghetti from cooker. Return meatballs to pot, add rest of spaghetti sauce. Cook on high pressure for another 8 minutes.
- Natural release. Serve meatballs, sauce on spaghetti. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if you wish.
If there is a recipe for traditional cuisine that conquers the majority of audiences around the world, it is that of meatballs. There are a thousand different ways to prepare them, but only one to make them perfect and that is by following the following tips. I encourage you to follow these tips, each of them has a reason, they are important and will influence when it comes to getting an "A" in the recipe.
- Choose the right meat: While you can make meatballs with any ground meat, fattier meats like beef, lamb, and pork will result in more tender meatballs. If you use lean meats like chicken or turkey, don't overcook them because they can get tough. For a great flavor, you can use a mixture of different types of ground meats.
- Chill the ingredients: To prevent the fat from melting and the meat falling apart, keep the meat and ingredients as cold as possible. Make the mixture in a cold container and, if you add pre-cooked ingredients like onion, let them cool completely before adding them.
- Add moisture with a little egg: The protein in meat causes it to shrink when cooked and can result in tough meatballs. Adding egg and binders like breadcrumbs mixed with milk helps keep the meatballs tender and moist.
- Shape the meatballs carefully: If the meatballs get too tight and compacted when forming, they will come out hard, rubbery and chewy. To avoid this, grease your hands so that the mixture does not stick and shape them smoothly and quickly. If you want to make it even better, use a small scoop or meatball maker to make evenly sized meatballs.
- Do a seasoning test: Before you freak out, you don't have to try raw meat. The trick is to cook a mini hamburger or meatball in a pan to rectify if the ground meat mixture lacks salt, pepper, parsley, or your special touch.
You already have everything to improve your meatballs, so do not hesitate to implement these tips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11 in 1, Electric Pressure Cooker with Air Fryer, Roast, Bake, Dehydrate, Slow Cook, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, 8 Quart, 14 One-Touch Programs
Instant Pot Ceramic Non Stick Interior Coated Inner Cooking Pot 8 Quart
Instant Pot Tempered Glass Lid, 10" Stainless Steel (8 Qt/ 8L model)
Spring Chef Ice Cream Scoop with Comfortable Handle, Black
Meat Baller, 2 PCS None-Stick Meatball Maker with Detachable Anti-Slip Handles, Stainless Steel Meat Baller Tongs, Cake Pop, Ice Tongs, Cookie Dough Scoop for Kitchen (1.38"&1.78")
2 Pieces Stainless Steel Spaghetti Server Set, 9.4 Inch Stainless Steel Spaghetti Pasta Tong, 13.6 Inch Pasta Spoon Server Fork, Heat Resistant Serving Tong Spoon for Noodles Pasta Baking Cooking
Wooden Spoons for Cooking,Nonstick Kitchen Utensil Set,Wooden Spoons Cooking Utensil Set Non Scratch Natural Teak Wooden Utensils for Cooking(Teak 8 Pack)
Latent Epicure Battery Operated Salt and Pepper Grinder Set (Pack of 2 Mills) - Complimentary Mill Rest | Bright Light | Adjustable Coarseness |
Zyliss Zick Food Chopper, 9", White
Amount Per Serving Calories 1213Total Fat 56gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 29gCholesterol 290mgSodium 3205mgCarbohydrates 85gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 12gSugar 29gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 86g
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!