Instant Pot Soup recipes are the best. This Poor Man's Beefy Tomato Macaroni soup is a tasty, hearty and satisfying meal that you and your family will absolutely love! My family loves this ground beef and vegetable soup Instant Pot recipe.
Vegetable Beef Soup is good all year long but is absolutely perfect when cooler weather hits. Keep this recipe on hand for January, which is National Soup Month.
Instant Pot soup recipes are so easy to whip up. You can have a stockpile of simple, warm, and comforting soups. With a minimal amount of effort and simple, economical everyday ingredients, soup recipes are ready in no time. And this hamburger soup recipe is all that and more.
Instant Pot Poor Man's Beefy Tomato Macaroni Soup is everything my family and I love about soup. They love that it is chock full of hearty ground beef and macaroni. Instant Pot ground beef recipes like this ground beef soup recipes are pure comfort food.
I love that how easy and inexpensive it is to make. And we all love that it is so delicious and full of flavor.
It is a vegetable beef soup that is comfort food at it's finest. It is easy to add in more vegetables too. Adding in some white beans, butternut squash, or sweet potatoes would be a nice addition to the hamburger soup.
Table of contents
- Ingredients for Instant Pot Vegetable Soup with Beef
- Equipment Used to Make Hamburger Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Why You Will Love Poor Man's Beefy Tomato Macaroni Soup
- Can I Add Frozen Vegetables to Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Instant Pot Supplies You'll Need
- How To Make Instant Pot Poor Man's Beefy Tomato Macaroni Soup
- What to Serve With Instant Pot Poor Man's Beefy Tomato Macaroni Soup
- More Great Recipes You'll Love As Much As Our Ground Beef Instant Pot Recipes
Ingredients for Instant Pot Vegetable Soup with Beef
- ground beef
- macaroni noodles or different types of noodles - just like any elbow pasta recipes, you can substitute with different types of pasta noodles instead of always using elbow macaroni.
- yellow onion
- diced tomatoes (You can use a combination of diced tomatoes and tomato sauces if you don't have enough diced tomatoes on hand.)
- Worcestershire sauce
- beef broth, vegetable broth, or even bone broth
- salt and pepper
Equipment Used to Make Hamburger Vegetable Soup Recipe
Why You Will Love Poor Man's Beefy Tomato Macaroni Soup
This Instant Pot soup is a budget friendly, one bowl meal. Made with just a handful of simple everyday ingredients, Instant Pot hamburger soup is a thrifty recipe that is easy on your wallet. It is simple to make too. You can use the Instant Pot soup setting, or the manual pressure cooking button.
Just dice tomatoes if you have fresh tomatoes available, saute your ground beef, add in beef broth, noodles, salt and pepper and other seasonings, and get to pressure cooking
Can I Add Frozen Vegetables to Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
Yes. While it is a hearty and complete meal in itself, you can stretch instapot soup (and your dollars) even further by adding in some inexpensive, healthy frozen vegetables.
I've tossed in frozen green beans, peas, and even corn. Perfect for when you need to feed a crowd, or for making sure you have plenty of leftovers for tomorrow's lunch.
Hamburger soup with noodles is SO quick and easy to make. The soup comes together in just a few minutes. Vegetable beef soup with hamburger doesn't take an effort at all to quickly brown the meat and then you simply can walk away while it cooks. Because thanks to the Instant Pot, it really is a set-it-and-forget it recipe!
And since it freezes well, why not whip up an extra batch to stick it in the freezer? It feels so great knowing you’ve got a meal ready to go “just in case”. Especially when it's one of our favorite healthy Instant Pot soup recipes.
You can make this Instant Pot soup your own. The beauty of a basic recipe like Poor Man's Soup is that it is easy to customize. Feel free to swap out the ground beef for ground turkey.
Shredded chicken also works well. Don't have macaroni on hand? Use Penne, Rigatoni or your preferred style of pasta. This hamburger soup Instant Pot recipe is very versatile.
Instant Pot Supplies You'll Need
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
How To Make Instant Pot Poor Man's Beefy Tomato Macaroni Soup
Place ground beef and onion in the Instant Pot and sauté until beef has completely cooked. Like a lot of hamburger recipes, you really can brown the meat prior to setting the pressure cooking button or cook frozen ground beef in the pressure cooker.
With this recipe, you want to make sure to cook the ground beef beforehand because you need to drain the grease. If, however, you use a low-fat-content ground beef, you could skip this step, cook frozen ground beef in your pressure cooker and then crumble the meat up at the end of the cooking time.
Hamburger Instant Pot recipes are even easier when you realize that you don't always have to defrost the hamburger meat.
Drain excess grease from beef and onions and then return the beef and onions to the Instant Pot.
Add the remaining ingredients.
Close lid on Instant Pot and turn pressure valve to sealing.
Set for a manual high time of 4 minutes, and perform a quick pressure release at the end of the cooking time.
Dish into bowls, serve and enjoy!
What to Serve With Instant Pot Poor Man's Beefy Tomato Macaroni Soup
Even though this Poor Man's Beefy Tomato Macaroni Instant Pot Soup can be served as a stand-alone meal, I think it is that much better when paired with some tasty bread.
More Great Recipes You'll Love As Much As Our Ground Beef Instant Pot Recipes
Love making soup in your Instant Pot as much as I do? Then you have got to try these other delectable Instant Pot soup recipes:
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Leek Soup | Hello delicious! This soup is easy, creamy, and healthy. Loaded with chicken and leeks, and full of flavor, you simply can't go wrong.
Easy Keto Soup with Sausage, Peppers and Spinach | This soup isn't specifically made for the pressure cooker, but it is so easy to adapt. Simply saute the sausage and peppers and then add the remaining ingredients and set for a manual high pressure time of 5 minutes. Easy peasy!
Instant Pot Southwest Chicken Soup | Love the flavors of the Southwest? You will LOVE this Southwest Chicken Soup. It is so easy to make and is absolutely delicious.
You can even make this soup with leftover rice. And for those who like to spice things up, toss in some red chili flakes, a dash of your favorite hot sauce, or even a handful of diced peppers if you really like to bring the heat.