Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. I might receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Taco Tuesday just got a whole lot better! Whip up this Instant Pot Salsa Chicken tacos for your dinner tonight. Use our fresh homemade salsa recipe to make it even better! An Instant Pot chicken dish that you can serve in corn or flour tortillas piled high with all your favorite toppings.
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Tacos
Chicken tacos in the Instant Pot are one of my absolute favorites. An easy Instant Pot chicken recipe that comes together in a flash. Add on some topping and heat up shells and ring the dinner bell.
How to Make Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
Start by pouring a cup of your homemade salsa into the Instant Pot. Then place your chicken breasts on top. Season the chicken to help add flavor to the dish.
Place the lid on the pressure cooker, and make sure the lid is set to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes with a natural release of 10 minutes.
Open the lid to the Instant Pot, and shred your chicken. Once your chicken is shredded, pile in warm corn tortillas or flour shells.
Pair with all your favorite toppings and dive in!
My Favorite Chicken Taco Toppings
- Sour Cream
- Guacamole or even Avocado slices
- Pico De Gallo or more Salsa
- Black beans
Honestly, you can serve this taco meat with essentially anything!
Kitchen Supplies for Salsa Chicken Tacos
- Taco stand | A taco stand makes it so much easier to add taco fillings without getting messy.
- Taco stand with sauce holders | Add sauce holders to a taco stand for easy access to salsa and guacamole.
- Guacamole mortar and pestle | Use this to make the best homemade guacamole. This is a restaurant quality mortar and pestle.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
You could even pair your tacos with Mexican rice, pico de gallo or other Mexican inspired side dishes.
If you have leftover chicken taco meat, go ahead and place it in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to three days. Anything, after that you need to use your best judgment.
You can freeze your meat as well if you don't plan to eat right away. Just store in a proper container and freeze for up to three months.
When you go to reheat just thaw in the fridge the night before or warm-up straight from the freezer in the microwave. If you find it could get dry add a little liquid like water or even broth to help give moisture to the chicken.
Craving More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Stroganoff | If you love turkey and beef stroganoff, you have to try my chicken version. Creamy, savory, and a crowd-worthy dish.
- Easy Chicken Gyros | I share how to make chicken gyros and the homemade sauce to pile on top. Skip takeout and try this dinner recipe tonight.
- Chicken Teriyaki with Mushrooms | Another great dinner is this teriyaki chicken. The mushrooms add so much flavor, and it reheats nicely for meals later in the week.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
Tacos & optional toppings
- 6-12 corn tortillas (depending on if you double wrap them)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Pour 1 cup of salsa into the Instant Pot inner pot. We use homemade salsa for this salsa chicken recipe, but you can also use store bought salsa, or even a green salsa to make it a salsa verde chicken.
- Add the chicken breasts on top of the chicken in the Instant Pot. Season each side of the chicken breasts with half of the salt and half of the pepper.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot chicken breasts by twisting the lid into a locked position. Close the valve to sealing. Set the Instant Pot chicken tacos to a high-pressure cooking time of 20 minutes.
- When the cooking time finishes, do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes. After that time, manually release remaining pressure. After the pin drops, carefully open the lid.
- Use two forks, or a hand mixer, and shred the chicken for your salsa chicken recipe. Stir in with the salsa.
- Eat Instant Pot Salsa Chicken on its own or serve as a Shredded Chicken Tacos Instant Pot recipe. Either way, this is a delicious and easy chicken recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 1587mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 18g