Sharing is caring!
Have you made risotto in the Instant Pot yet? Give this Instant Pot Risotto with Arboria rice a try. You will never need to order takeout again.
Parmesan, onion, and lemon are the standout flavors in this creamy Instant Pot risotto recipe. Parmesan risotto is the perfect way to compliment any dinner.
What I love about this Arborica Rice recipe is that you get that perfectly cooked rice each and every single time.
Table of contents
Why you will love this Instant Pot Risotto Recipe
- Perfectly tender rice
- Loaded with lemon and parmesan flavor
- Compliments so many dinner ideas
- Restuarant quality recipe at home
- Family friendly
Equipment Used to Make Instant Pot Risotto
Ingredients for Pressure Cooker Risotto
- Oil & Butter
- Boneless Chicken
- Salt & Pepper
- Dry Thyme
- Garlic Powder
- Arborio rice
- Dry Wine
- Chicken Broth
- Lemon and Lemon Juice
How To Make Instant Pot Risotto
On the saute feature you will add in the oil, and add in the chicken, and season with salt and pepper. You want to brown the chicken on all sides.
Take the chicken out of the Instant Pot and place it on a plate and set aside. Add in the butter and spices and allow them to cook. Stirring often.
Add in the rice and cook it to brown for 2 minutes or so. Pour in the wine and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan.
Reduce the liquid by half, once that happens add in the chicken and pour the broth on top.
Pressure cook as directed in the recipe card. Once the rice is done, open the lid, and then stir in the parmesan cheese, lemon juice, zest, and such.
Season with salt and pepper if needed and serve up a bowl of homemade risotto rice.
Check out all our rice recipes.
Can I Make Ninja Foodi Risotto?
If you own a Ninja Foodi you can make this lemon risotto recipe in it. Just use the pressure cooker lid instead of the crisping lid.
All the directions and measurements will stay the same as in this white wine risotto recipe.
Carnaroli rice or Basmati rice are two great substitutes for Arborio rice. Feel free to use either in replace in this recipe.
This version of rice is naturally gluten-free! So if you are looking for a gluten-free dinner or side dish, give this recipe a try.
Carnaroli, arborio, and Vialone Nano are the 3 top picks of rice to be used when making a risotto recipe.
Any of these rice blends will work great in this instant pot chicken risotto recipe.
Absolutely! Go right ahead and leave out the chicken and make it without meat if you prefer. If you want a meatless side dish then use a vegetable broth instead of chicken.
More Pressure Cooking Recipes
Equipment Used to Make Instant Pot Risotto
Pressure Cooker Risotto Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1¾ cup chicken broth
- 1½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest, preferably organic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Select the saute setting and adjust the setting to high. Add one tablespoon olive oil to the unit. Once hot, add the chicken and generously season with salt and black pepper. Sauté, stirring frequently, until the chicken is browned on all sides, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and add the remaining olive oil and two tablespoons of butter to the unit. Add the chopped onion and sprinkle with the garlic powder and dried thyme. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is soft and begins to develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the Arborio rice and “toast” for 1-2 minutes by stirring continually in the hot butter and oil. Add the white wine and deglaze the container by gently scraping with a spatula to remove any browned bits from the bottom.
- When the liquid is reduced by one-half, turn the unit off by pressing the “Cancel” button. Return the chicken and any juices from the plate to the container and pour the chicken broth on top.
- Cover and lock the lid into place. Set the pressure release valve to “Sealing” and then select the “Manual” button on the high setting. Set the cooking time to 6 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, do an immediate quick release of the pressure. Once the pin drops and there is no more steam coming out, carefully remove the lid. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, lemon zest, and fresh lemon juice. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, and stir to combine.
- Cover and let sit for 4-5 minutes to allow any excess liquid to be absorbed. Remove the lid and give the risotto a quick stir before transferring to individual serving bowls. Serve immediately with additional grated Parmesan cheese on the side.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
RiceSelect Arborio Rice, Risotto Rice, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, 32 oz (Pack of 1 jar)
Citrus Lemon Zester & Cheese Grater - Parmesan Cheese, Lemon, Ginger, Garlic, Nutmeg, Vegetables, Fruits - Razor-sharp Stainless Steel Blade Protective Cover, Dishwasher Safe
SEYODA Graters for Kitchen,Cheese Grater Efficient Vegetable Slicer with 3 Interchangeable Round Stainless Steel Blades,Easy to Clean Rotary Cheese Grater for Fruit,Vegetables,Nuts. (Blue)
Heat Resistant Silicone Spatulas Set for Nonstick Cookware, Wooden Handle Spatulas Gray, Rubber Spatula Kitchen Cooking Spoon Utensils Set Non-Stick Baking and Mixing Scraper Silicon Spatula sets
Instant Pot Ultra 60 Electric Pressure Cooker, 6 Quart, Stainless Steel/Black
KSL Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder Set (Batteries included) - Automatic Adjustable Shakers - Stainless Steel Powered Spice Mills - Battery Operated Kitchen Peppermills w/ Light - Housewarming Gift
Amount Per Serving Calories 421Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 113mgSodium 971mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 33g
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!