Making this Instant Pot Rice Pudding is about to make all your simple dessert dreams come true. Not only is it creamy and delicious, but it's perfectly balanced with sweetness as well. This is one of our favorite winter treats! One of the best parts about this easy Instant Pot rice pudding recipe is that it just warms the tummy.
Quick Rice Pudding in the Pressure Cooker
The combination of cinnamon with maple syrup and almond milk is quite a powerful trio. And while many people might not agree, I would have no issues enjoying a bowlful of this for my breakfast as well.
With a texture that is similar to oatmeal, who says that you can't enjoy a big bowl of this Instant Pot Rice Pudding recipe to kickstart your day?
Table of contents
- Quick Rice Pudding in the Pressure Cooker
- What Is Arborio Rice?
- Can You Use Arborio Rice Like Regular White Rice?
- Is Arborio Rice Gluten Free?
- Is Rice Pudding Good For You? Arborio Rice Nutrition.
- Arborio Rice Substitute
- Why Do People Rinse Rice?
- Kitchen Supplies We Used to Make Rice Pudding in the Instant Pot
- Can I Use Regular Milk Instead of Almond Milk for This Recipe?
- What Toppings Go Well On Instant Pot Rice Pudding?
- Tips For Making This Instant Pot Rice Pudding
- How to Store Leftover Rice Pudding
- More Rice Recipes
- Try These Other Instant Pot Rice Recipes You Might Like
- olive oil
- Arborio rice
- almond milk
- maple syrup
- pure vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
What Is Arborio Rice?
It's an Italian rice that is short-grained. It's used in several dishes because of how it cooks up nicely and easily.
Can You Use Arborio Rice Like Regular White Rice?
Yes, you can. You need to know that the texture is slightly different from other rice options as it's chewier, which some people actually prefer.
Is Arborio Rice Gluten Free?
Arborio rice is naturally gluten-free, which makes it a great option for people with celiac disease. It is traditionally used to make risotto, which is an extremely rich, flavorful dish.
This is an Instant Pot Arborio rice recipe, so it is both gluten-free and delicious! You could make this for dessert and whip up an Instant Pot risotto recipe for dinner.
This is not a keto rice pudding. Rice is high in carbs, so if you are on a low carb diet, you could try a cauliflower rice pudding instead.
Is Rice Pudding Good For You? Arborio Rice Nutrition.
Arborio rice calories in this recipe are 148 per serving, with 6 servings available. The rice pudding calories with this recipe are much lower than others because this pressure cooker rice pudding recipe doesn't have sugar added and uses maple syrup as a light sweetener. This is also a dairy-free recipe, as it calls for almond milk.
Arborio rice contains 4 grams of protein and is a more useful fiber source compared to other kinds of long-grain rice. It doesn't have a lot of fat and isn't a significant source of vitamins and minerals.
This is a healthy rice pudding recipe because it doesn't have sugar added. It would also make a great breakfast rice pudding.
Arborio Rice Substitute
Pearled barley, basmati rice, and brown rice are all great alternatives to Arborio rice. For this recipe, I'd suggest using basmati rice as a substitute.
Why Do People Rinse Rice?
The main reason that people will rinse rice is to get rid of some of the starches that are there. If you don't rinse rice, it may turn out gummy or mushy because of that.
Kitchen Supplies We Used to Make Rice Pudding in the Instant Pot
- White Instant Pot Duo | I love this Instant Pot because of how sleek it is and how it looks.
- Non-stick inner pot | This is a must if you're cooking up rice or other foods that might have the potential to stick.
- Wooden spoon set | I always recommend using wooden spins so that you don't scrape the inside of your Instant Pot when you're stirring.
- Rice strainer | You will use a colander to rinse the rice prior to cooking the rice pudding.
- Silicone tipped whisk | I used a whisk to beat the eggs before adding them to the rice pudding.
- Airtight storage containers | We use these freezer-safe storage containers all the time. They work great for storage, and you can see what you have put up in the freezer.
Can I Use Regular Milk Instead of Almond Milk for This Recipe?
You bet. You can even use a richer substance, like cream or half and half, too. All you're really needing is just something a bit rich in flavor to help enhance.
What Toppings Go Well On Instant Pot Rice Pudding?
Anything that you want! I'm a big fan of fresh fruit but you can use anything that you're craving.
Some great old fashioned rice pudding recipe topping suggestions are:
- Maple Syrup
- Cinnamon and Sugar mixture
- Shredded Coconut and Chocolate Chips
And the list could be forever extended. You can also easily change up the taste and flavor of every single bowl but changing up the toppings, too.
Tips For Making This Instant Pot Rice Pudding
The biggest tip to remember for this easy Instant Pot recipe is that you don't want to overcook the rice. Pay attention to the recipe card below and set the times on your Instant Pot accordingly.
While this recipe will still be edible if overcooked, it does become mushier and not as pleasant.
How to Store Leftover Rice Pudding
You can store our quick Arborio rice pudding in an airtight container. It can be stored safely in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat to serve warm.
Can You Freeze Rice Pudding?
You can freeze rice pudding. The pudding freezes quite nicely. You'll want to let the pudding cool to room temperature before freezing.
Also, make sure to freeze it without toppings, and then defrost and reheat with a couple of tablespoons of milk to mix with it. Then, you can top with your choice of garnishes. Cinnamon rice pudding is particularly delicious.