A no-soak Instant Pot Pinto Beans Recipe that is an incredible side dish to all your Tex-Mex inspired recipes. This is the best pinto beans recipe I have ever made.
If you have an Instant Pot, you have to cut out a lot of prep and time, and try my Southern Pinto Beans Recipe! It is a game-changer and the only way to cook with dry beans.
Instant Pot Pinto Beans Recipe
You make this recipe with ham hocks, for a really rich and hearty bean that will stand out. Serve up at dinner and watch your family or dinner guests go nuts.
Are Pinto Beans Easy To Cook In The Instant Pot
Yes. This is my ultimate pinto bean Instant Pot Recipe. It never fails me and I always end up with tender and flavorful beans.
Pinto Bean Refried Beans
You can also take this Southern pinto beans recipe one step further and mash up the beans once cooked to make a homemade pinto bean refried bean recipe.
Slather it on tortillas, burritos, top taco salads and more with these hearty refried beans.
What Can I Substitute For Ham Hocks
If you don’t have or want to use ham hocks in this pressure cooker pinto bean recipe, that is okay. You can opt to add in some ham or even slices of cut up bacon.
The meat will add a nice depth of flavor that I think you will enjoy. If you prefer to not use meat, go ahead and skip. You will find not using meat will affect the overall flavor a bit.
Why Are My Beans Still Hard
You will find if you are using older beans they can take a little extra time to fully cook and tenderize the way you want.
If you do use older beans add up to 10 minutes extra on your cooking time to ensure they break down and tenderize.
Or you can check your beans at the regular cooking time, and if they are not fully tender, close the lid and add 5-10 minutes more, to help finish cooking them up.
More Instant Pot Beans Recipes
- Instant Pot Ranchero Beans | One insanely good bean recipe that you will not want to skip over. Serve as a main dish or a side dish to compliment your meal.
- The Best Instant Pot Refried Black Beans | Consider using black beans the next time you want to make refried beans. This is a crazy good recipe that you will truly enjoy.
- Instant Pot Refried Beans | This is my classic refried beans recipe that we love to use for all our Mexican Dishes. Creamy, savory, and perfectly seasoned.
- 3 ham hocks
- 16 ounce bag dry pinto beans
- 2 (10-ounce) cans Rotel, not drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- Rinse and sort beans.
- Combine all ingredients for the Instant Pot Pinto Beans recipe in the Instant Pot inner pot.
- Close the lid and set pressure valve to sealed.
- Cook for a high-pressure time of 45 minutes, allowing for a natural pressure release for this Southern pinto beans recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 584mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 7gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g