Here’s your favorite bowl of pasta, with a twist! Give this easy Philly cheesesteak pasta recipe a try in your Instant Pot.
Table of contents
Got a box of rotini pasta waiting to be put to use? Here’s an incredibly delicious recipe to help you do just that.
Plus, it takes just a few minutes of prep time, and you’re all sorted- perfect if you’re looking to fix a quick dinner for the family. Oh yes, you’ll be using your instant pot!
Ready to give it a shot? Keep reading to discover some quick tips and basics, and then move on to the actual recipe.
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It'll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
I Don’t Have Rotini. Can I Use Another Pasta?
While our recipe calls for using rotini pasta (it tastes and looks awesome too), there’s no hard and fast rule when it comes to picking the pasta for this recipe.
In fact, you can use literally any kind of pasta you have at home. Penne, macaroni, spiral and shell pasta are some good choices.
How Can I Prevent My Philly Cheesesteak Pasta From Sticking to Each Other?
A major concern most home cooks face, especially while cooking pasta in their instant pot, is that the pasta ends up getting all sticky and clumpy.
When you’re cooking pasta, make sure you don’t end up overcooking it- let it cook for the exact time as the recipe calls for, and then allow it to depressurize by itself for 5 minutes.
Once you remove the pasta and drain it, wash it with some cold water to prevent the residual warmth from cooking the pasta. Tossing this pasta in some oil can also help.
Another cool trick to implement is to add some oil into the water itself while you’re boiling the pasta.
Favorite Instant Pot Kitchen Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Sides & Accompaniment Ideas
While this Philly Cheesesteak Pasta can easily become a complete meal in itself, you can always team it up with some great sides and accompaniments to make the spread bigger- perfect if you’ve got some guests over.
Here are some great ideas to get you started.
- A nice, healthy salad with a light dressing (a basic vinaigrette). Throw in loads of crunchy veggies and nuts for a textural difference as opposed to the soft, comforting flavors and bites of the pasta.
- Oven roasted or grilled veggies can also work nicely with this creamy and cheesy pasta. Plus, it’ll be healthy too.
- If you have some fresh green beans, you can also saute them in a bit of butter and garlic, and season them with a bit of salt and pepper, and that can work wonderfully as a side too.
- If you’re looking for something even more healthy, steamed broccoli can be a great accompaniment.
Ready to give this filling and comforting recipe a try?
Just grab the basic ingredients listed below and follow the super simple instructions and you’re pretty much done.
More Instant Pot Dinner Recipes
More Instant Pot Recipes We Love
- Easy Chicken Piccata Recipe
- Sweet Chilli Sticky Chicken Legs
- Instant Pot Chicken Piccata
- Air Fryer Granola
- History of the Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot Functions
- Air Fryer Egg Salad
- Pressure King Pro 5L Electric Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot Air Fryer - Duo Crisp Pressure Cooker Plus Air Fryer
- What is the Best Instant Pot? An Overview of Instant Pot Models and Sizes
- Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer Review and Accessories
- Instant Pot Duo Nova: Detailed Review
- How to Use Instant Pot Air Fryer
- How to Make Brown Basmati Rice in Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Steamed Broccoli Recipe