Sharing is caring!
Perfect for when you’re craving for some Asian food, these Instant Pot PF Chang's lettuce wraps are super yum and surprisingly healthy too. If you like PF Changs Lettuce Wraps, you'll love this recipe.
Love PF Chang’s? Why not give this healthy copycat recipe a try?
These lettuce wraps need just a little bit of prep time and turn out incredibly delicious when you make them in your instant pot. Looking for other lettuce wrap ideas? Try our Korean beef on lettuce or Instant Pot Thai Chicken Wraps. Jerk chicken is also a phenomenal filling for lettuce wraps.
And the sauce to go along with it is oh-so-yum! Ready to give it a try?
Read on to discover everything you need to know to get it right. We’ve answered some of the most pressing questions you might have.
Table of contents
- ground chicken
- olive oil
- white onion
- water chestnuts
- butter lettuce or Romaine lettuce
- Hoisin sauce
- low sodium soy sauce
- rice wine vinegar
- red chili flakes
- chicken broth
- sesame oil
- Hoisin sauce
- rice vinegar
Asian-Inspired Instant Pot Recipes
- Upgrade Your Soup Game: Discover the Best Japanese Onion Soup Recipes
- Unlocking the Secret to Crispy and Savory Kimchi Pancakes
- Sauerkraut vs Kimchi: Unraveling the Secrets of Fermented Cabbage
- Exploring the Differences: Kimchi Jjigae vs Soondubu
- Panda Express Chow Mein Instant Pot Chinese Food
- Instant Pot PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi Brown Rice
- Try This Instant Pot Orange Chicken Recipe
- CROCKPOT SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN
- Wasabi Glazed Tilapia| Keto Friendly
Can I Use Iceberg Lettuce Instead?
Our recipe calls for Romaine or Butter lettuce, since they retain the perfect texture and have a delicious taste as well, which complements the dish wonderfully.
If you don’t have either of these, you could stick to using iceberg lettuce instead. It is another great kind you could use that has a great taste, and wraps up your filling easily too.
Are Instant Pot Lettuce Wraps Healthy?
Lettuce wraps are generally considered healthy, and are often suggested for those following a low carb or keto diet.
When made right, they don’t just satisfy your taste buds, but also give you a good amount of fiber and other nutrients- perfect if you’re not a veggie person.
This lettuce wrap in particular, is also rich in protein (thanks to the ground chicken) and contains chestnuts, which packs in folic acid, vitamin C and vitamin B.
All these nutrients will help with everything from boosting the immune system and improving digestive health to giving the body a good dose of antioxidants and reducing the risk of heart disease.
Can I Use Another Meat?
If you don’t have ground chicken or are just looking for other options, you can definitely tweak things around a bit in the recipe.
Ground beef can be another excellent stuffing option, and if you’re a vegetarian, you can try using soya granules or some chopped veggies too.
Serving Tips & Suggestions
While these lettuce wraps can actually be a complete meal themselves, if you’re looking to take things up a notch, or just have some guests coming up and are looking to put in a teeny bit of extra effort, here are some good suggestions to get you started on.
- A spicy corn salad
- Sticky and crispy sesame cauliflower
- Stir fried veggies or fried rice
- Stir fried green beans
- A bowl of soup
- Veggie dumplings
- Sesame noodles or sesame rice
These lettuce wraps might just be your next favorite go-to meal when you’re in a time crunch, or are just craving for some takeout but still don’t want to indulge in something unhealthy, and are basically looking to stick to your clean eating routine.
Ready to get started? Here are the ingredients and the quick recipe!
Romaine or butter lettuce is the preferred lettuces for our Asian lettuce wraps recipe.
For this recipe, you toss all the ingredients into the Instant Pot and when the cooking time finishes, you'll be ready to eat these easy lettuce wraps. Simply pile the chicken and sauce onto a piece of lettuce and fold it over to wrap it up.
This lettuce wraps recipe is SO healthy. You can switch things up and make these ground beef or ground turkey lettuce wraps instead of chicken too.
It does! This is a one-pot meal, so the sauce and chicken all cook together and then you build the Asian chicken wraps on your lettuce of choice. They are very healthy chicken lettuce wraps.
More Instant Pot Dinner Recipes
Chicken Caesar Wraps are also a tasty dinner option.
Equipment Used to Make Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Instant Pot
- Wood utensils with silicone tips
- Taco stand holder - great for making lettuce wraps
- Garlic press
Ingredients for Copycat PF Changs Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 head of butter lettuce or Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
How To Make PF Changs Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Press sauté mode on Instant Pot. Once the Pot gets hot, add olive oil.
- Sauté your ground chicken and chopped onions until the meat is no longer pink.
- While the chicken and onions cook, mix together all ingredients for the sauce.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add in the sauce. Stir until all incorporated. Turn off sauté mode by pressing cancel.
- Close the Instant Pot with the lid and close the value. Turn on the Instant Pot by choosing High Pressure for 2 minutes.
- When the cooking has finished, all the Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Once the 10 minutes is done, manually release.
- Unscrew the lid and remove. Select cancel, and then sauté mode.
- Add in the water chestnuts and allow the mixture to thicken and simmer for 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes, add in the green onions. Stir and incorporate well.
- Serve immediately in a lettuce leaf alongside the sauce. Enjoy!
Variations to PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- turkey lettuce wraps
- beef lettuce wraps (like taco lettuce wraps or Korean beef lettuce wraps)
- shrimp lettuce wraps
- pork lettuce wraps
- PF Changs veggie lettuce wraps
- make it a PF Changs vegan lettuce wrap with tofu
PF Changs Lettuce Wraps Dipping Sauce
PF Changs lettuce wraps sauce is typically served on the side as an extra dipping sauce. Our recipe cooks all the ingredients together, but then when you build the lettuce wraps, you can drizzle more sauce over the chicken meat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Alpha Grillers Garlic Press. Stainless Steel Mincer & Crusher With Silicone Roller Peeler. Easy Squeeze, Rust Proof, Dishwasher Safe, Easy Clean
Taco Holder - Taco Holders, Stainless Steel with Free Recipe Ideas - Taco Trays - Taco Stand Up Holder - Taco Stand - Taco Plates - Holds 3 Tacos - Dishwasher, Oven and Grill Safe (4 Pack)
14 Pcs Silicone Cooking Utensils Kitchen Utensil Set - 446°F Heat Resistant,Turner Tongs,Spatula,Spoon,Brush,Whisk. Wooden Handles Khaki Kitchen Gadgets Tools Set for Non-stick Cookware (BPA Free)
Instant Pot Duo Plus 6 Quart 9-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, Warmer & Sterilizer, 15 One-Touch Programs
Amount Per Serving Calories 540Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 164mgSodium 1340mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 4gSugar 12gProtein 40g
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!