Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
If you want the best tasting cheesecake, then you’ll have to start making instant pot cheesecake. This delicious instant pot pecan cheesecake is creamy, tasty, and decadent.
Making cheesecake in the instant pot ensures an even cook every time. I really enjoy making different types of cheesecakes in the instant pot. It’s a fun way to see what flavor my family loves best.
What is a pecan pie made of?
As you can see in the recipe below, this instant pot cheesecake is topped with a pecan pie filling. The pecan pie topping is made of pecans, brown sugar, egg, and butter all whipped together for the perfect flavor.
You’ll then drizzle this pecan pie mixture over your instant pot cheesecake to finalize this delicious dessert.
This instant pot cheesecake takes only 15 minutes to prep, 30 minutes to cook and will need 1 hour to cool down to room temperature.
You’ll then place this instant pot pecan cheesecake in your refrigerator to set overnight, about 12 hours.
Do you grease a pie pan before putting the crust in?
Yes, you should always grease a pie pan before putting the crust in. For my instant pot cheesecake, I usually grease the sides of a 6-inch push pan and use parchments rounds on the bottom.
This helps keep the instant pot pecan cheesecake from sticking to the pan.
Supplies for Making Cheesecakes
- 6-inch by 3-inch Push Pan or 7-inch by 3-inch Push Pan– I recently started using a high push pan instead of a spring-form pan. In my opinion, the cheesecake looks amazing this way.
- Silicone Sling– This is an essential unless you want to make a sling out of foil every time you make a cheesecake or use a pan in the Instant Pot that needs to be lifted out.
- Large Decorating Tips– I used a decorating tip and reusable icing bag to pipe frosting onto the top of the cake. It gives the cake a prettier, more professional style.
- Reusable Decorating Bag– Do yourself a favor and invest in a nice reusable bag for decorating cakes and cupcakes. It works so much better than the disposable bags and is better for the environment. Even better, they are pretty inexpensive.
- Parchment Rounds– Pre-cut parchment rounds (and squares) are available in a variety of sizes depending on your needs. This can be a huge time-saver so you don’t have to measure and cut a circle out.
Do you need a special pan to make cheesecake?
You can use either a spring form pan or a push pan to make most cheesecake recipes. This instant pot cheesecake is made using a push pan in an instant pot. You may want to use a sling to lower your pecan cheesecake into the instant pot.
The sling is one of my favorite accessories for my instant pot, as it helps me transfer recipes into the instant pot with ease. No mess. No-fuss.
Can I put parchment paper in instant pot?
Yes, you can put parchment paper in an instant pot. I usually use parchment rounds for my instant pot cheesecake recipes. The parchment rounds or parchment paper are perfectly fine to line your pan with before placing your instant pot pecan cheesecake recipe into the instant pot for cook time.
Can you put Aluminium foil in an instant pot?
Yes, you can put aluminum foil in an instant pot. I use aluminum foil to keep moisture off any instant pot cheesecake recipe I make.
You’ll see on my recipe card below that I do place aluminum foil over my instant pot pecan cheesecake before lowing it into my instant pot.
Like this recipe? Check out all off our Cheesecake Recipes. We’re adding more extraordinary flavors all the time! A couple of our favorites, besides this one, are Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake and Oreo Cheesecake. Then, there’s our Peanut Butter Cheesecake and Peppermint Cheesecake. And our Creme Brulee Cheesecake…WOW!
Can you cook in instant pot without lid?
You shouldn’t use your instant pot without a lid, unless you are cooking on the saute mode. The lid keeps the pressure inside so that your recipe can cook under immense pressure.
Always allow the pressure to fully release from your instant pot before taking the lid off and getting your instant pot pecan cheesecake out.
If you love cheesecake and you love pecans, then you’ll love these two getting married for my instant pot pecan cheesecake.
The best way to think of this instant pot cheesecake recipe is pecan pie combined with cheesecake topped with a cherry to blast you with flavor.
How do Make Instant Pot Pecan Cheesecake?
Print my recipe card below for this instant pot cheesecake. Gather up the ingredients, and follow my step by step tutorial to make your instant pot pecan cheesecake today.
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pecan Pie Filling
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Grease the sides and bottoms of a 6-inch push pan and line the pan with a parchment round. Alternatively, you can also line the sides of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter and pulse to mix ingredients. Then, press crust out on the bottom of the pan and ½ way up the sides. You can use the bottom of a glass to press down the crust.
- Place pan in the freezer while making the filling. Freezing will help hold the crust together.
- Mix the cream cheese and granulated sugar until nice and smooth, and then add in one egg at a time while mixing in between adding the eggs.
- Add in the flour, sour cream and vanilla and mix to incorporate.
- Pour the filling into the push pan and tap the pan several times on the counter to remove air bubbles. You can also run a fork or knife through the cheesecake filling to remove air bubbles.
- Mix the ingredients for the Pecan Pie filling and spread the filling over the top of the cheesecake.
- Cover the cheesecake with aluminum foil and/or a paper towel to prevent condensation from accumulating on the top of the cheesecake.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Using a sling (you can buy a sling for the Instant Pot or make one out of foil), lower the pan into the inner pot.
- Close lid and set for a manual high-pressure cooking time of 30 minutes. Allow for a natural pressure release when the cooking time has finished.
- Remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot. Take the foil off of the top and gently soak up any condensation that has formed on the top of the cheesecake with a paper towel or flour sack towel.
- Let the cheesecake cool on a wire rack for at least an hour before refrigerating for 12 hours or overnight.
- After 12 hours, remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and set the pan on top of a large can. Push the sides of the cake pan down, slowly.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan bottom, and set on a cake plate or serving tray.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 93mg Sodium: 90mg Carbohydrates: 34g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 25g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g