Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Looking for a simple pancake recipe for a quick breakfast? These instant pot pancake bites are just right, and take minutes to prepare.
Got a love for pancakes? Here’s taking it up a notch with this super easy and insanely delicious pancake inspired recipe that will have you love every bite of it, and you’ll end up making it again and again for breakfast, or even as an evening snack.
What’s best is that you’ll need just a handful of other ingredients apart from pancake mix- that’s it. Ready to give it a shot? Here’s helping you make the best of it.
Can I Stack the Egg Molds in My Instant Pot Simple Pancake Recipe?
Yes you definitely can!
If you’re preparing pancake bites for the entire family for breakfast, you might want to speed things up, and if you have multiple egg molds, you can use them all and stack them in your instant pot! Just remember that the pancake bites might take a little longer to cook now that there’s more in there.
Can I Make & Store Them for Later?
Give them a try once and you’ll understand why this question came up on the list.
These pancake bites are so delicious, you’ll want to make them again and again, but if putting in all that effort in the morning when you’re in the rush to get to work isn’t ideal, you can definitely make them in a big batch and store them for later.
Pancake bites stay good in the refrigerator for upto 1 week or more when frozen, and all you need to do when you want to have them is to pop them in the microwave for a few minutes.
How Do I Make My Simple Pancake Recipe Bites Fluffy?
While our recipe calls for using regular pancake mix, if you’re making the pancake batter yourself, this trick can help you achieve the best, fluffy texture for your bites.
Just combine your other ingredients with the egg yolks, and keep the egg whites aside. Beat them separately, and allow the egg whites to beat for 10-15 minutes until they turn nice and foamy and form stiff peaks.
Now, mix both the batters together until they have combined well. Use this batter as the pancake mixture for the recipe, and they’ll turn out amazingly spongy and fluffy- just the way you want them to be.
My Pancake Bites Turn Out Mushy. What Should I Do?
If your pancake batter turns out mushy no matter what you do, here’s a trick that can help you achieve the right texture.
Avoid over-mixing the batter- it causes the gluten in the flour to overdevelop and causes the pancake batter to become dense and chewy. Mix just until the ingredients have combined with each other well, and make sure you add in enough oil (or butter) to keep the batter moist and soft.
More Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes
- Instant Pot Monkey Bread
- Semi Homemade Pop Tarts Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Pancake Bites: Simple Pancake Recipe for Breakfast
- Instant Pot Cranberry Butter
- Instant Pot Egg Bites – Starbucks Copycat Egg Bites Recipe
- Instant Pot Pancake Bites
- Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs — Quick and Easy Recipe
- Double Chocolate Quick Oats – Instant Pot
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Mix together your pancake mix and water.
- Spray your Instant Pot egg molds with cooking spray. Make sure that every side is covered in spray.
- Pour in your pancake mix completely to the top to 7 molds for your regular pancake popper. Pour in your pancake mix half way in 7 molds, chocolate chips (about 5 chips – or more if you’d like!), and a few diced strawberries to the remaining 7 molds. For the chocolate chip, and strawberry poppers, add more pancake mix to reach the top of the mold.
- Cover each mold with aluminum foil (foil prevents moisture seeping into the molds).
- Pour 1 cup of water into your Instant Pot. *Note – you can use more than one mold. Just place them one on top of each other on the trivet. If you do one at a time, make sure there is 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot before cooking a second, third, etc. time.
- Place the trivet in your Instant Pot. Carefully place your egg molds filled with your pancake mix on the trivet within the Instant Pot.
- Close and seal the valve to the Instant Pot.
- Cook for 7 minutes on High Pressure.
- Once the time is up on the Instant Pot, allow it to release naturally.
- Once it has released, open the Instant Pot. With a towel or hot pads, carefully remove the trivet from the Instant Pot. Place each mold on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes.
- Once they have cooled, you can serve with syrup – lots of syrup! You can lightly sprinkle powdered sugar on the chocolate chip pancake poppers, or whipped cream on the strawberry poppers! Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Meal Plan with These Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast and Rice
- Homemade Salsa Recipe Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Tacos
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff Recipe
- How to Make Homemade Pumpkin Puree with an Instant Pot
- Apple Spice Cake in the Instant Pot
- Easy Shrimp Scampi: Instant Pot Shrimp Recipe
- Key Lime Pie Recipe – Instant Pot Desserts
- Cajun Chicken Pasta Chili’s Copycat Instant Pot Chicken
- Christmas Cake Gingerbread Instant Pot Recipe
- Chicken Gyro Recipe & Easy Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
- Olive Garden Spinach Artichoke Dip Instant Pot Copycat Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki (with mushrooms!)
- Chicken and Dumplings in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Chow Mein Recipe
- Instant Pot Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Boneless Pork Chops Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Monkey Bread
- Instant Pot Chicken Recipes