This Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake is an amazing family-approved version. It's so moist and delicious, each bit almost melts in your mouth! This is an easy, simple dessert recipe.
Cheesecake is one of the most popular, and one of the most versatile desserts around, since you can customize the crust and the filling to fit any flavor cravings. The possibilities are truly endless!
Table of contents
- Why You'll Love Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
- Why Make Cheesecake in the Instant Pot?
- Two Tips for Making Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
- Do You Need A Special Pan to Make Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake?
- How to Make Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake Step by Step
- Other Desserts Like Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
- Supplies for Making Instant Pot Cheesecakes
Why You'll Love Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
With a crunchy Oreo cookie crust, layered with a sweet and creamy Oreo cheesecake filling your taste buds will be in heaven with the classic cookies and cream flavors!
At just 7 inches, this cheesecake is the perfect size! You'll have just enough for everyone to enjoy, without all the extra leftovers tempting you in the fridge for days afterwards.
Why Make Cheesecake in the Instant Pot?
The steamy environment that pressure cooking creates results in an amazingly smooth and creamy cheesecake. Plus, it is so much faster!
Traditional cheesecake recipes require over an hour of baking time, while this Instant Pot Oreo cheesecake recipe cooks in just 35 minutes (plus another 12 minutes of natural release time).
Two Tips for Making Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
Tip #1: Be sure to take the time to run a fork back and forth through the cheesecake several times to remove air bubbles.
Otherwise, during cooking the air bubbles will try to escape and cause your cheesecake to crack. Although cracks won't change the deliciousness, it just won't be as pretty and presentable.
Tip #2: When you are ready to place your cheesecake into the Instant Pot, you'll want to be sure to make a sling out of aluminum foil.
This will give you "handles" to easily get the springform pan in — and especially out of — the Instant Pot. To make a sling, simply take 2-foot piece of aluminum foil from the roll and fold into thirds.
Place the springform pan in the center of the strip, and keep a finger on each side the pan (to avoid tipping) while holding the ends of the sling to lower into the Instant Pot.
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It'll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
Do You Need A Special Pan to Make Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake?
No and Yes. You'll use a springform pan for cooking just like you would when baking a cheesecake in the oven. However, you'll need to get a small 7-inch springform to fit inside the Instant Pot.
Like this recipe? Check out all off our Cheesecake Recipes. We're adding more extraordinary flavors all the time! A couple of our favorites, besides this one, are Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake and Oreo Cheesecake. Then, there's our Peanut Butter Cheesecake and Peppermint Cheesecake. And our Creme Brulee Cheesecake...WOW!
How to Make Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake Step by Step
Step #1: Combine Oreo crumbs with sugar and melted butter then pat down on the bottom of a 7-inch springform pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Step #2: Cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and then mix in the eggs one at a time. Next, add in the vanilla extract and sour cream until smooth.
Step #3: Stir in the Oreo crumbs.
Step #4: Pour the cheesecake mixture into the springform pan on top of the Oreo crust.
Step #5: Run a knife back and forth through the cheesecake several times to remove air bubbles, and then cover with foil.
Step #6: Pour two cups of water into the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
Step #7: Make a sling out of aluminum foil to lower the pan into the pressure cooker.
Step #8: Close the lid of the Instant Pot and turn to sealing position.
Step #9: Set for a manual high-pressure time of 35 minutes. When the time has finished, allow for a natural release for 12 minutes before letting out the rest of the steam.
Step #10: Cool on the counter for an hour and then put in the refrigerator and cool for an additional 4 hours.
Other Desserts Like Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
- This Red Velvet Poke Cake is a fun twist on the classic poke cake recipe. Simply bake a red velvet sheet cake, poke holes, fill with white chocolate pudding, and top with a homemade cream cheese and cool whip frosting. Delicious!
- Lemon Blueberry Cake Roll — a moist and spongy cake rolled around a thick, creamy, lemon filling with sprinkles of fresh blueberries. So YUMMY!
- Made with apples, dates, and pecans this Easy Slow Cooker Apple Bread Pudding is not your traditional bread pudding, but it's still a crowd pleaser!
Supplies for Making Instant Pot Cheesecakes
- 6-inch by 3-inch Push Pan or 7-inch by 3-inch Push Pan- I recently started using a high push pan instead of a spring-form pan. In my opinion, the cheesecake looks amazing this way.
- Silicone Sling- This is an essential unless you want to make a sling out of foil every time you make a cheesecake or use a pan in the Instant Pot that needs to be lifted out.
- Large Decorating Tips- I used a decorating tip and reusable icing bag to pipe frosting onto the top of the cake. It gives the cake a prettier, more professional style.
- Reusable Decorating Bag- Do yourself a favor and invest in a nice reusable bag for decorating cakes and cupcakes. It works so much better than the disposable bags and is better for the environment. Even better, they are pretty inexpensive.
- Parchment Rounds- Pre-cut parchment rounds (and squares) are available in a variety of sizes depending on your needs. This can be a huge time-saver so you don't have to measure and cut a circle out.