Give this super easy and delicious Instant Pot Nachos recipe a try.
They are perfect when teamed up with our Homemade Queso and topped with a delicious Avocado Salad.
Love all things crispy and crunchy?
You might just be a nacho lover. If that’s the case, why not go ahead and try making these oh-so-perfect nachos yourself?
There’s also a quick homemade queso recipe for you to try along with it, and a fresh and healthy avocado salad that you can top on the bed of nachos- because balance right?
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and give it a try!
Other Topping Ideas
Our recipe calls for some delicious shredded chicken and a generous drizzle of that sour cream, the avocado salad, the queso, some jalapeno slices and black beans, along with a few others, but don’t let that be the rule to stick to.
In fact, you can experiment and try different toppings for your nachos as per your taste preference. Some of the best toppings that you could try with these are-
- Shredded beef
- Ground taco meat
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Cheddar cheese
How Do I Make Sure the Nachos Don’t Get Soggy?
Well, here’s a question a lot of people tend to ask, especially when they try making loaded nachos and it doesn’t turn out the way they want it to.
If your nachos too, tend to turn all soggy after you’ve piled all your toppings onto it, it could be due to the quality of tortilla chips.
Make sure you choose tortilla chips or nachos that are thick, so that they don’t go limp when they absorb liquid.
It also makes sense to bake the nachos first and then finish them off in the grill. That way, they’ll be crisp all the way through.
What Can I Make With These Instant Pot Nachos?
If you’re planning on making these nachos when you have some friends over, you might also be looking for some good food/meal ideas that you can team up along with it.
Here are a few you can get started with- most of them are Mexican meals that you can try in your instant pot and should be ready super quick, and compliment the flavor and taste of these Instant Pot Nachos too.
- Beef Carnitas
- Pork Carnitas
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Pinto Beans
- Classic Refried Beans
- Homemade Refried Black Beans
- Ranchero Beans
What Else Can I Eat with Queso Apart from Nachos?
Okay, if you just ended up with a huge batch of queso, there are so many other foods you could enjoy it with, apart from just nachos. Chicken wings taste great with a queso dip.
If you’re on the hunt for something a bit more healthy, you can roast veggies like cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, bell peppers etc and have them with the dip.
More of the Best Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Instant Pot Taco Soup: The Best Chicken Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole Recipe
- Copycat PF Chang’s Instant Pot Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Spicy Instant Pot Lo Mein Recipe
- Instant Pot Nachos with Chicken & Homemade Queso Dip
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe with Vegetables
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 2 large chicken breasts, washed
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 8-ounce block of Colby jack cheese or mild cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 large avocado, cut into cubes
- 1 Roma tomato, cut into small cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons lime juice (more if desired)
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 13-ounce bag tortilla chips
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 15-ounce can golden sweet corn
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
Instructions for the chicken:
- Mix the spices, salt, pepper and olive oil together.
- Place the chicken in an airtight container or a large Ziploc bag.
- Pour the spice mix over the chicken and rub it in until all of the chicken is covered in the mix.
- Marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Place the Instant Pot trivet in the bottom of the pan and place the chicken on it.
- Pour the chicken broth over the chicken and seal the pot with the lid.
- Set the pot to manual mode and cook for 10 minutes.
- Release the pressure and once all of the steam has released, turn the instant pot off, remove the lid and let the chicken cool for a bit.
- Shred the chicken into as big or small of pieces as you like and set aside.
Instructions for the Homemade Queso:
- Sprinkle the cornstarch into the milk and stir until well combined.
- Next, heat a saucepan or small frying pan over medium low heat.
- Add the heavy cream and stir constantly to prevent burning until it starts to simmer.
- Add in the cheese and continue to stir until it completely melts.
- Pour in the milk and cornstarch mixture and stir to combine.
- Let it simmer for an additional minute while you continue to stir and sprinkle in the salt and pepper if you like.
- Taste and add salt if needed.
- Cover with a lid to prevent it from forming a film.
Instructions for the fresh Avocado Salad:
- Mix the lime juice and salt together in a bowl and let sit for five to six minutes before stirring again.
- Add in the avocado, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Stir carefully to prevent the avocado from mashing.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes to allow the salt to dissolve further.
Instructions to assemble the nachos:
- Heat the black beans in the microwave and set aside.
- Thin down the sour cream with the milk until it’s to the consistency that you like and set aside.
- Set out all of your ingredients and start layering them on a plate or on a cookie sheet with edges.
- Lay out the chips, then add the chicken, then the avocado salad, then sprinkle in the black beans and corn, drizzle on the sour cream and homemade queso and top it off with some jalapeño slices and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
HIC Souffle, Fine White Porcelain, 7.5-Inch, 48-Ounce, 1.5-Quarts Capacity
Instant Pot 5252321 Official Round Cake Pan, 7-Inch, Gray
Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Air Fryer, Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Sous Vide, Roast, Bake, Broil, and Warmer|8 Quart|11 One-Touch Programs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 965Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 1820mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 13gSugar: 7gProtein: 38g
More of Our Favorite Instant Pot Dinner Recipes
- Instant Pot Jambalaya Recipe – Creole Jambalaya
- Instant Pot Taco Pasta — A New Take on Taco Tuesday
- Instant Pot Orzo & Italian Sausage Easy Stuffed Peppers
- Instant Pot Soup Recipes- You Will Love Our Vegetable Beef Soup
- Instant Pot Meatballs and Meatball Sliders Recipe
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe
- Instant Pot Tomato Chicken Penne Pasta Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Recipes: Creamy Tomato Chicken Dinner Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta Recipe – Best Alfredo Sauce
- Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
- Instant Pot Beef Carnitas
- Instant Pot Chicken Curry Recipe
- Instant Pot Swiss Steak Recipe- The Best Swiss Steak
- Instant Pot Southwest Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot Cube Steak & Mashed Potatoes – Cube Steak Recipes