You'll never have to do takeout ever again once you make this delicious Instant Pot Mongolian Beef recipe. Not only is it super fast dinner recipe but it tastes just like you ordered it from a restaurant!
This simple Instant Pot Mongolian Beef recipe will have you meal planning with your Instant Pot for every meal moving forward.
If you like this simple beef recipe, you're going to love this Easy Beef and Broccoli Instant Pot Recipe as well!
Want to serve this beef with white rice? Try our Instant Pot rice.
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
All you need to complete this simple Mongolian beef recipe is a pair of chop sticks and an appetite. Because once you fill your bowl full, that's all you literally have left to do.
What I love most about this Mongolian beef recipe is that it can be eaten and enjoyed in multiple different ways. You can eat it as is or pair it up with a nice bowl of rice as well.
Brown rice or white rice are both great choices and I've even put this on top of a bed of lettuce to add in even more greens and veggies.
What's the difference between Mongolian beef and Szechuan beef?
They're similar in how they look, but Mongolian beef is actually a bit more savory and doesn't have a sweet taste to it.
But even knowing this, you can easily doctor it up to have it take on whatever flavor and taste that you want.
How spicy is Mongolian beef?
It's really not supposed to be spicy at all. At least that is what you'll find with traditional dishes. You can make it spicy though if you want by adding in some cayenne pepper or even some hot sauce or salsa.
Keeping Your Instant Pot Clean
Side Dishes To Serve with Mongolian Beef in Instant Pot
The flavors of Mongolian Beef leave the option open for so many side dishes to be served. Some of these side dish options include:
- Steamed Veggies
And those are just a few. You can also easily pair this dish up with Mashed Potatoes, Casseroles, and more.
Another one of our favorite Asian-inspired copycat recipes is Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken. It's delicious!
Kitchen Supplies Used in This Recipe
- Tongs with silicone tip | These are the best tongs to use with a non-stick pan. You don't want
- Non-stick inner pot | This is the only pot we use now for recipes that might stick to the pan. A non-stick inner pot for the Instant Pot has been such a timesaver when it comes to kitchen cleanup.
- Chopsticks for kids | Teaching kids how to eat with chopsticks is a great way to introduce them to new cultures and foods. This set of chopsticks is a great beginning set of chopsticks, because the sticks are connected together so it is easier to hold them. And hey, if an adult wants to use them to learn how to eat with chopsticks, that's okay too!
- Chopsticks | We use our reusable chopsticks all the time when cooking Asian-inspired recipes at home. This is a great set to use.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- Flank steak
- Gluten free cornstarch
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Yellow onion
- Fresh ginger
- Minced garlic
- Sriracha sauce
- Sesame oil
- Coconut aminos
- Maple syrup
- Long-grain brown rice
- Green onions
- Toasted sesame seeds
Can I use flour instead of cornstarch in Mongolian beef?
Technically, yes. But it does change the flavor and taste. Using cornstarch gives it a nice crunch and flavoring that you just won't get from flour.
This recipe is also a gluten free recipe, so if you use flour to thicken, you will need to use a gluten-free flour blend if you want to keep the recipe a gluten free Mongolia beef.
How To Reheat Leftover Mongolian Beef
If you're lucky enough to have some leftover, reheating it is a breeze. There are a couple of things that you can do, both are totally fine.
Using your microwave can be a fast way to heat up the leftovers but can overcook the meat if you're not careful.
Heating up these leftovers low and slow on the stove is the best way to retain the texture and taste.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Want to Easily Make Korean Ground Beef Recipe for the Instant Pot? Newly Obsessed!
- How to Convert from the US Measurements to the Metric System
- Why You Absolutely Need to Try This Delicious Chicken Parmesan Air Fryer Recipe
- Learn How to Easily Make This Amazing Instant Pot Steak
- Garlic Naan Recipe - How to Make Naan Bread