With just 5 minutes of prep time and a few minutes in your Instant Pot, you can whip this elegant and tasty Instant Pot Mongolian Beef- perfect for a weekend dinner!
Table of contents
Thinking of whipping up something special for the weekend but still don’t want to put in a lot of kitchen time and effort?
Here’s just the perfect recipe for you to try out!
This Instant Pot Mongolian beef is melt in the mouth soft and hits your taste buds with just the right flavors.
Ready to give it a shot? Here’s everything you need to know about how to make it right!
What Goes Well With Instant Pot Mongolian Beef?
Having guests over and need some good ideas for sides to go along with this main? Steamed or stir fried veggies (think carrots, zucchini, bell peppers, onions, green beans, broccoli, brussels sprouts) can be a great option.
You could also team up this dish with some dumplings or spring rolls on the side. If you’re looking to keep it healthy, a nice crunchy salad or a spicy soup should do the trick too.
How Do I Get the Sauce Right?
With Mongolian beef, the highlight really is the sauce- as it is with most other Asian dishes, and if you manage to get that right, you’re sorted.
For this recipe, we just focused on a more dry sauce that just coats your beef with all the flavor, but if you’re someone who likes their sauce to be a bit thinner and on the runny side, you can always transform it into just that.
All you need to do is add a little bit of additional water into the sauce, and then drop a mixture of cornflour and water into it, stirring continuously while it is on heat, so that the sauce starts bubbling up and has that perfect rich consistency.
Instant Pot Supplies We Love
- Kitchen Scale- A kitchen scale is a must to have for so many recipes in order to have accurate measurements. This is something that is often overlooked in recipes.
- Meat Thermometer- Having a meat thermometer is essential. I have gone through so many 'inexpensive' thermometers that I finally invested in a heavy duty digital thermometer from BBQ guys. It was so worth it!
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
How to Make Sure the Beef is Tender?
When cooking beef, an issue a lot of us often face is that we are unable to get that perfect soft texture, and no matter what we do, the meat often ends up being all tough and chewy.
So how do all those Chinese restaurants manage to achieve the right texture?
Well, depending on the cut and size of the beef, they tend to marinate the beef for at least 30 minutes (sometimes in a mixture of egg whites and/or vinegar).
What this does is that it tenderizes tough and big cuts of meat, and makes it easy for the heat to break the fibers down, which doesn’t just cook them faster, but also makes them more soft.
Serving Suggestions & Ideas
If you don’t have Asian noodles, regular thin spaghetti should work just fine too.
You can also try serving them with Udon noodles, egg noodles or Korean sweet potato noodles.
More Asian-Inspired Instant Pot Recipes
- Chicken with Garlic Sauce Chinese Takeout Recipe
- Copycat PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps Recipe in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi Brown Rice
- Instant Pot Thai Chicken Wraps
- Asian Sticky Ribs Instant Pot Recipe - Tender Baby Back Ribs
- Instant Pot Copycat Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken
- Panda Express Fried Rice - Instant Pot Copycat Recipe
- Instant Pot Asian Meatballs with Pot-in-Pot White Rice
- Instant Pot Asian Beef Bulgogi Bowls
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken Recipe