Transform delectable Instant Pot Meatballs into something even more amazing – Easy Italian meatball sliders! Each slider contains a classic Italian meatball smothered in rich tomato sauce and melty cheese, tucked inside a pillowy Hawaiian roll.
These flavorful, bite-sized morsels are real crowd-pleasers. Sliders are perfect for serving up as a fun lunch, dinner, or game-day snack or a tasty happy hour bite. And once you try them, you may not be able to stop at just one.
Why You’ll Love Making Instant Pot Meatballs
It’s so easy to make meatballs in the Instant Pot! No browning required. Just form the meatballs, place in the Instant Pot along with the sauce, set it and walk away!
Instant Pot meatballs taste better too. By cooking them right in the sauce they turn out so much more tender and flavorful. Plus they retain their shape and don’t can crumble and fall apart, which can happen when baking or pan frying.
And Instant Pot Meatballs are so versatile. You could also make meatballs in your slow cooker. However, I prefer the reduced cooking time that my pressure cooker gives me.
This is a perfect meatball recipe to enjoy in a classic Spaghetti and Meatballs dinner. You can also make the most delectable Italian meatball sliders with marinara sauce. Or swap the spaghetti noodles for some ‘zoodles’ (zucchini noodles) and you have a healthier, low-carb, hearty meal.
Instant Pot Meatballs are also a great make-ahead solution. Whip up a batch of meatballs and store them the fridge or freezer to use for meals throughout the week.
Meatballs can be frozen raw or cooked. To freeze raw meatballs, place meatballs on a small baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper. Let them freeze for an hour and then place them in an airtight freezer-safe container.
To freeze cooked meatballs, follow the same method. Cooking times will vary for cooked vs. raw frozen meatballs. You can also cook them from frozen, or thaw the meatballs out prior to cooking.
How To Cook Meatballs in an Instant Pot – Easy Italian Meatball Sliders Step-by-Step
Step #1: Mix ground beef, Italian sausage, eggs, bread crumbs, 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Then add the next four ingredients and mix using a hand held mixer. With a large scoop form homemade meatballs that are about 1 ½ inches round.
You can also use the scoop to create even sized meatballs. Then, roll tops of meatballs on a hard work surface with the palm of your hand.
Step #2: Pour half of the tomato sauce into the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Place meatballs on top of the sauce. Then pour the remaining spaghetti sauce over the meatballs.
Step #3: Close lid on the pressure cooker and turn pressure valve to sealing. Set for a high pressure cooking time of 5 minutes. Follow that up with a quick release of pressure when the cooking time has finished.
How to Make Meatball Sandwiches or Mini-Sandwich Slider Recipe Instructions
Step #4: Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. You can also lightly brush the pan with olive oil, if you prefer.
Step #5: Place the bottom of the slider buns inside the casserole dish. When meatballs have finished cooking, place meatballs on the buns and top with some of the sauce. Add mozzarella cheeses and then put on the tops of the buns.
Step #6: Melt the butter and then mix in garlic powder and dried parsley. Next, brush the garlic butter over the top of the slider buns. A food safe brush is a kitchen essential for tasks like this.
Step #7: Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the tops of the buns are lightly golden.
Scoop one or two up and put on a plate. Take a bite and enjoy!
What to Serve with Italian Sliders
Italian Meatball Sliders are loaded with meat, cheese, and sauce. To compliment this rich combination of flavors, a simple salad is a great addition to the meal.
Other ideas for side dishes are roasted vegetables, corn, and broccoli.
The main thing to consider when choosing a side is to pick one without meat.
More Great Instant Pot Recipes
If you love these Easy Italian Meatball Sliders, you’ll want to check out these other delicious Instant Pot recipes:
Instant Pot Lasagna Fiesta Style is an easy supper recipe with a twist on lasagna and a Tex-Mex flare.
Poor Man’s Beefy Tomato Macaroni Instant Pot Soup is comfort comfort food at its finest. This beef and tomato soup is full of good flavors. It is the perfect recipe for cooler days.
Instant Pot Tomato Chicken Penne Pasta is a creamy pasta and chicken recipe that combines two delicious (and inexpensive) ingredients.
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – An extra pot is handy when I want to prepare a meal ahead of time. Simply put all the ingredients in the pot the night before to save prep time when you’re ready to cook.
- Large Scoop– It’s best to use a scoop to make uniform sized meatballs. Scoop up the meat mixture, and then either roll the meatball in your hands or on a hard surface.
- Electric Meat Thermometer– While a thermometer is not completely necessary in this case, I always like to check the internal temperature of recipes using meat.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot– I’m not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– New to pressure cooking? This is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again. It’s time to take your Instant Pot out of the box.
How to Make Spaghetti and Meatballs
Spaghetti and Meatballs is simple to make in a pressure cooker. Make the meatballs as directed in this recipe, and then add in spaghetti sauce and noodles. Break apart your spaghetti noodles so they fit in the pot, or get the pot-ready spaghetti noodles.
The main trick is to make sure the noodles are covered in sauce. Add the noodles to the pan in a criss-cross fashion to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
Set your pressure cooker for 8 minutes to cook spaghetti and meatballs. If you are just cooking meatballs, 5 minutes will work.
Add in a jarred marinara sauce, or you make you spaghetti sauce from scratch to add to the Instant Pot. I like to make my spaghetti sauce from scratch and normally use a combination of tomato sauce, passata, and diced tomatoes. I add in tomato paste at the end if the sauce is too thin.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/3 + 1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 28 ounce can tomato puree
- 1 package of slider buns or Hawaiian rolls
- 6 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Mix ground beef, Italian sausage, eggs, bread crumbs, 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese and next four ingredients together using a hand held mixer.
- Using a large scoop, form meatballs that are about 1 ½ inches.
- Pour half of the tomato sauce into the inner pot of the Instant Pot and place meatballs on top of the sauce. Then pour the remaining sauce over the meatballs.
- Close lid on the pressure cooker and turn pressure valve to sealing. Set for a high pressure cooking time of 5 minutes, allowing for a quick pressure release when the cooking time has finished.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the bottom of the slider buns in the casserole dish. When meatballs have finished cooking, place on buns along with some of the sauce. Add cheeses and then put on the tops of the buns.
- Melt butter and mix in garlic powder and dried parsley. Then brush over the top of the slider buns.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the tops of the buns are lightly golden.
If you want to make spaghetti and meatballs instead of sliders, add enough sauce to cover the pasta in the Instant Pot. Then, cook for 8 minutes instead of 5.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.