Sharing is caring!
Instant Pot Lucky Charms Hot Chocolate Bombs are a festive and fun St. Patrick's Day inspired hot chocolate bomb. Green candy melts that are filled with cocoa powder, marshmallows, ready to transform your mug.
Pour over some warm milk and watch your hot chocolate bomb disappear and marshmallows float to the top of your mug. Sip and enjoy this sweet and delicious hot cocoa bomb.
Dare I say these green hot chocolate balls are magically delicious? A tasty and fun lucky charms marshmallow treats you can serve up the kids.
Table of contents
Why You Will Love This Lucky Charms Hot Chocolate Bomb
- Quick to make
- The Instant Pot melts chocolate nicely
- The egg bite molds are perfect for shaping your hot chocolate bombs.
- Festive green color
- The almond bark sets up quickly so you have a homemade cocoa bomb ready in no time
Ingredients for Lucky Charm Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Green Candy Melts
- Almond Bark
- Hot Cocoa Mix with Miniature Marshmallows
- Lucky Charm Marshmallows
How to make hot chocolate bombs
Saute mode on your Instant Pot, and pour in 1 1/2 cups of water. Then place a glass bowl in that will make your pressure cooker a double boiler.
Add in your candy melts, and mix until the chocolate is completely mixed.
Lightly grease your egg bite silicone mold, and then add in your chocolate coating the whole sides of the mold.
Place them in the freezer for 5 minutes letting the chocolate set up. Then add in the cocoa powder and marshmallows and melt more chocolate.
Place the chocolate on top of the cocoa mix to create a shell around the powder. Freeze another 5-10 minutes.
Remove the bombs carefully from the molds, and then you can melt more chocolate to drizzle on top. Then with the wet chocolate press your lucky charm marshmallows on top so they stick.
How to Use A Hot Chocolate Bomb
- Place 1-2 bombs in a larger mug.
- Heat up some milk and pour over the hot chocolate bomb.
- As the milk pours it will melt the chocolate a bit, then the cocoa mix and marshmallows will release and rise to the top.
- Stir well, and sip and enjoy a delicious and creamy hot chocolate.
Tips For Making Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Make sure to gently tap your mold once you have chocolate in to help release any caught air to prevent air bubbles.
- You can temper chocolate chips if you don't want to use almond bark. Otherwise, chocolate chips won't set up hard enough to stay formed.
- You are welcome to use any flavor of chocolate you would like.
- Feel free to add in some Lucky Charm marshmallows in the bomb as well if you want more in the drink.
How to Gift Cocoa Bombs To People
You can buy single plastic bags that you can place one or more of the cocoa bombs in. Then consider heading to the Dollar Tree or even Walmart and buy a fun coffee mug. Stick it in and you have a simple gift to give to loved ones, teachers, daycare providers, etc.
More St. Patrick's Day Recipes
- Turn your instant pot onto sauté mode. Place one and a half cups of water inside your instant pot. Place a glass bowl that will fit in your instant pot as it will act as a double broiler.
- Add in your candy melts to the bowl. Continue to mix until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Lightly grease the inside of your silicone molds. Add chocolate to your molds making sure that chocolate is completely coating the mold on the inside. Place in the freezer for about five minutes.
- Remove your molds from the freezer. Add half a tablespoon of cocoa powder and mini marshmallows per mold.
- Add more of your melted chocolate on top of the marshmallows to close the mold and lock the cocoa and marshmallows from coming out. Return to the freezer for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove your cocoa bombs by pushing on the silicone side of the mold until the bomb pops out.
- In another medium-sized bowl, melt your almond bark chocolate and 2 oz candy melts in the Instant Pot as a double broiler.
- With a spoon, drizzle your melted almond bark mixture over the bombs. Immediately add the Lucky Charm marshmallows before the chocolate hardens.
- Please one or two bombs in your favorite mug and pour hot milk over it to melt the chocolate releasing the hot cocoa and marshmallows. Stir with a spoon and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Medley Hills Farm Cereal Marshmallows 1 lb
Wilton 12 oz. Dark Green Candy Melts Candy, 6-Count
Instant Pot Ultra 10-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Sterilizer, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, and Warmer, 6 Quart, 16 One-Touch Programs
1000ML/1QT Double Boiler Chocolate Melting Pot,304 Stainless Steel Candle Making Kit, Melting Pot with Silicone Spatula for Melting Chocolate, Candy, Candle, Soap, Wax
Egg Bites Mold for Instant Pot with Bakeware Sling Lifter and Cook-Safe Silicone Lid - Compatible with Instant Pot Accessories 6 qt 8 qt only, Air Fryer Accessories, Egg Poacher, Trivet
Glass Mugs,QAPPDA Clear Coffee Mugs With Handle 15 oz,Tea Mugs 450ml,Beer Glasses With Handle,Glass Cup Drinkware For Beverage,Juice,Latte Cups Cappuccino Mugs Beer Mug Water Cups Sets of 8 KTZB107…
Amount Per Serving Calories 682Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 13mgSodium 782mgCarbohydrates 142gFiber 7gSugar 73gProtein 11g
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!