Instant Pot Lucky Charms Hot Chocolate Bombs are a festive and fun St. Patrick's Day inspired hot chocolate bomb. Green candy melts that are filled with cocoa powder, marshmallows, ready to transform your mug.
Pour over some warm milk and watch your hot chocolate bomb disappear and marshmallows float to the top of your mug. Sip and enjoy this sweet and delicious hot cocoa bomb.
Dare I say these green hot chocolate balls are magically delicious? A tasty and fun lucky charms marshmallow treats you can serve up the kids.
Table of contents
Why You Will Love This Lucky Charms Hot Chocolate Bomb
- Quick to make
- The Instant Pot melts chocolate nicely
- The egg bite molds are perfect for shaping your hot chocolate bombs.
- Festive green color
- The almond bark sets up quickly so you have a homemade cocoa bomb ready in no time
Ingredients for Lucky Charm Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Green Candy Melts
- Almond Bark
- Hot Cocoa Mix with Miniature Marshmallows
- Lucky Charm Marshmallows
How to make hot chocolate bombs
Saute mode on your Instant Pot, and pour in 1 1/2 cups of water. Then place a glass bowl in that will make your pressure cooker a double boiler.
Add in your candy melts, and mix until the chocolate is completely mixed.
Lightly grease your egg bite silicone mold, and then add in your chocolate coating the whole sides of the mold.
Place them in the freezer for 5 minutes letting the chocolate set up. Then add in the cocoa powder and marshmallows and melt more chocolate.
Place the chocolate on top of the cocoa mix to create a shell around the powder. Freeze another 5-10 minutes.
Remove the bombs carefully from the molds, and then you can melt more chocolate to drizzle on top. Then with the wet chocolate press your lucky charm marshmallows on top so they stick.
How to Use A Hot Chocolate Bomb
- Place 1-2 bombs in a larger mug.
- Heat up some milk and pour over the hot chocolate bomb.
- As the milk pours it will melt the chocolate a bit, then the cocoa mix and marshmallows will release and rise to the top.
- Stir well, and sip and enjoy a delicious and creamy hot chocolate.
Tips For Making Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Make sure to gently tap your mold once you have chocolate in to help release any caught air to prevent air bubbles.
- You can temper chocolate chips if you don't want to use almond bark. Otherwise, chocolate chips won't set up hard enough to stay formed.
- You are welcome to use any flavor of chocolate you would like.
- Feel free to add in some Lucky Charm marshmallows in the bomb as well if you want more in the drink.
How to Gift Cocoa Bombs To People
You can buy single plastic bags that you can place one or more of the cocoa bombs in. Then consider heading to the Dollar Tree or even Walmart and buy a fun coffee mug. Stick it in and you have a simple gift to give to loved ones, teachers, daycare providers, etc.